• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sheridan and Oranges

In the introduction for the season 3 DVD set, JMS has this quote:

I always liked the dynamic of Sheridan and Delenn. The guy from Kansas, very midwestern, with this very elegant female character.
(italics are mine)

So, Sheridan is from Kansas maybe? You can't get much better than information from the source.

So, Sheridan is from Kansas maybe? You can't get much better than information from the source.
Good catch. I thought he meant BB was from Kansas, but BB is from Illinois (I just found out by googling).

That still doesn't tell us where Sheridan was when he was smelling the orange blossoms at age twelve - Kansas doesn't seem like a "fit" to me somehow! :D

But I agree that you have nailed down where he was "from."

Maybe they genetically engineered orange blossoms so they can grow in Kansas?

This is set in the 23rd century. And would explain the large mutant blossom seen in the show.

If Sheridan's father was a diplomat, who was he a diplomat to? Earth nation#1 to nation#2 or to aliens?

If on Earth the oranges could be in Spain. In space they would be anywhere but probably in Switzerland.

Maybe they genetically engineered orange blossoms so they can grow in Kansas?

This is set in the 23rd century. And would explain the large mutant blossom seen in the show.
I like the way you think! :LOL:

Doesn't explain how Cochise survived all those years, long enough to become a Technomage, but maybe he was visiting Sebastion when the Vorlons knocked on the door.

Yeah, exactly. That was one steroid-enhanced orange blossom. I suspect it was cut out of paper from someone down in the prop department.
203_33.jpg

Sheridan was from California, so it is a California orange blossom, not a florida orange blossom.

(let's see how long I can get away with THAT explanation)

Not long. :LOL:

California oranges are mutant due to all the smog there?

Also I recall reading somewhere (Lurkers maybe?) that Sheridan was from Illinois, same as BB.

Also I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that in all the other eps where oranges appear (generally in Sheridan's quarters) that is something added by the director Janet Greek.

Also I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that in all the other eps where oranges appear (generally in Sheridan's quarters) that is something added by the director Janet Greek.
If we are pretending that all of this means something, we can hardly blame the oranges bit on a mythical "director" now can we? :LOL:

The ubiquitous orange bowl appeared in "Falling Toward Apotheosis" and was mocked by all in the cast commentary.
That episode was directed by David Eagle.

*chuckles* What did they say about the 'ubiquitous orange bowl'? *sooo loves that words* ubiquitous. What a great word.

The ubiquitous orange bowl appeared in "Falling Toward Apotheosis" and was mocked by all in the cast commentary.
That episode was directed by David Eagle.
We don't want to get the site sponsers in trouble, so we must always henceforth refer to it as the "ubiquitous FEDEX orange bowl"!

[Apologies to non-nordamericano types who are unfamiliar with the corporatization of the US college football system.]

OMG. Yes. He's more than just football, though. It's like, any stadium at all. At least Angel's Stadium is now in fact Angel's Stadium. I still want my Glen Helen back. :( It was Blockbuster, and now I have no idea what it is.

Tell me about. I live near Philly, where the baseball and football teams recently got brand-spanking new parks.

Their names?

Lincoln Financial Field and Citizens Bank Park. :(

(Of course Philadelphians, being as they are, have already given the football field the nickname the Link, though it was called the Stink when the Eagles lost their first few games there.

We're still working on the Phillies new park.)

Just because there is a corporate America, doesn't mean that we want our past-times to be corporate, too. :mad:

Well in South Florida both the Dolphins and Marlins play in Pro Player Stadium, named for a manufacturer of t-shirts and other such items that went bankrupt about two years ago! Go figure.

The worst travesty was changing the beautifully named "Candlestick Park" to "3COM stadium." Probably 99% of people don't even know what business 3COM is in (and the other 1% are unlikely to be influenced by a stadium name), so the "advertising" is wasted. It is pure corporate egotism unleavened by any concern for the wisdom of the "investment." The 3COM execs did it just so they could show that they could do it, IMO.

[BTW, 3COM is a maker of computer networkworking equiment like switches and firewalls]

Well here in South Florida we also have the American Airlines Arena, and the Office Depot Center. The Office Depot Center was formerly known as the National Car Rental Center. Sounds like a super office supply store and a place to rent cars to me. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back