• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

RIP Jeff Conaway

I'm not just saying this 'cause the dude died, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the character and really though Conway was one of the most under-appreciated actors on the show. Actually, Conway as an actor on B5 the show kind of parallels Allen as crew member on B5 the station: a flawed character surrounded by larger than life people.

Like many of you, Conway is Zach Allen to me before he's Kinnickie or that lame dude on Taxi. But anyway here's a clip of him playing the straight man to Christopher Lloyd's wackiness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvn-tBeLpCk

Perhaps a sign of how pop-culturally ignorant I am but I didn't even know he was being exploited by "Dr Drew" on Celebrity Rehab and that he had all these drug issues and he was in a band and everything.

Another good one gone. :( It's such a shame that he never managed to overcome his demons.

My tribute...

conawaytribute.jpg

From his Twitter feed:

* People are twittering that Jeff Conaway is dead. He is classified as brain dead and life-support has been turned off but he is still alive.

* I have not yet heard anything to contradict that from anyone in a position to know the full story. Just FYI.

* Jeff Conaway is gone. Tragic, unfortunate, unnecessary. No definitions today. Nothing's funny. He was a good guy.

* Original Star Trek core cast was alive and intact for 25+ years. B5 core cast down three already. WTF?

* @DRayburn We lost Andreas Katsulas, Rick Biggs, and now Jeff Conaway.

* @fizzixrat If we start including guest cast the list is going to get very long. Jeff, Rick and Andreas were core cast/regulars.

* @AgateGecko On any TV series, what defines core cast members isn't how much they're liked, it's if they appear in the main titles every week

* @AgateGecko But none of that matters on a personal basis: Tim was a great guy, much beloved, and his loss was a great burden.

Very very sad about this. I just don't have a lot of words. Time to get a list of the best Zach episodes going so I can get to watching today.

Just watched "Conflicts of Interest" on my latest rewatch.Quite poignant as it's an episode where Zack has a fair bit of involvement.

Has JMS said anything?

From his Facebook Fan page:
His premarture departure is a loss to all who knew him. We were fortunate enough to work with him for four years when he was fully and truly himself, before the demons remembered his name and picked up where they'd left off. He was a good man. He will be missed.

Jan

Has JMS said anything?

His premarture departure is a loss to all who knew him. We were fortunate enough to work with him for four years when he was fully and truly himself, before the demons remembered his name and picked up where they'd left off. He was a good man. He will be missed.
Jan

There are few things worse than when any kind of demon remembers your name - metaphorical, allegorical or actual.

I skip coming by the board for a day and this happens. I never have any appropriate words to say in response to events like this. It's sad. What an insufficient statement, but it is true. It is sad.

Has JMS said anything?

Jan

Thank you.

Poor guy. I got the impression he always had a pretty rough life, and the last decade or so seemed to be pretty horrible, from what little I heard. My prayers for his soul and his family.

From his Twitter feed:

* People are twittering that Jeff Conaway is dead. He is classified as brain dead and life-support has been turned off but he is still alive.

* I have not yet heard anything to contradict that from anyone in a position to know the full story. Just FYI.

* Jeff Conaway is gone. Tragic, unfortunate, unnecessary. No definitions today. Nothing's funny. He was a good guy.

* Original Star Trek core cast was alive and intact for 25+ years. B5 core cast down three already. WTF?

* @DRayburn We lost Andreas Katsulas, Rick Biggs, and now Jeff Conaway.

* @fizzixrat If we start including guest cast the list is going to get very long. Jeff, Rick and Andreas were core cast/regulars.

* @AgateGecko On any TV series, what defines core cast members isn't how much they're liked, it's if they appear in the main titles every week

* @AgateGecko But none of that matters on a personal basis: Tim was a great guy, much beloved, and his loss was a great burden.

Thank you.

I'll echo what GKE said. Jeff/Zack was an everyman among giants. He held his own amongst them, and at times they needed him to remind them of their own humanity.

^LondosHair, that is definitely one of the main scenes I remember of his. I also really enjoy his having trouble with his uniform not quite fitting. That always makes me laugh.

^LondosHair, that is definitely one of the main scenes I remember of his. I also really enjoy his having trouble with his uniform not quite fitting. That always makes me laugh.

I also remember him from tearing off his Nightwatch armband after he'd aided in the capture of all of the Nightwatch security personnel.

One of my favourite characters, right after Londo. Loved every scene of his. This is pretty awful, but you reap what you sow. Somehow I think that's something Zach would've agreed with.

Still, man. Another one goes :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back