• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Someone please explain to me why

Delenn's change would bring humans and minbari closer together ?I know about both sides being needed to fight the shadows but I don't think I ever saw a human joining because of her ?Especially so soon after a war that which nearly annihalted their entires species I would like to have seen some resent on both sides kinda of like what we saw in The War Prayer .

Because the prophecy was by Valen ( who in turn is Sinclair ) he would know delenns change would bring her closer to Sheridan - and as joint leaders of the rangers ( of which Sinclair insisted that Humans were also allowed to join - see TDITCOS ) they would fight the shadow war side by side ( which again sinclair/Valen knew )

Also remember that "most [Rangers] are humans," according to Sinclair -- and once he's departed, they follow her.

To look at it a different way, Sinclair (as Valen) also knew that Delenn would break the Gray Council to come to B5's rescue.

Good answers all still but that still doesn't tell me why humans wouls want to follow a race that wanted to erase their entire spieces from the galazy only a short time before and Sinclair it would seem had a destiny with the rangers and as Valen were they did not .I would think most if not all would considder Delenn an insult to their cause humans don't believe in minbari beliefs.

There was about ten years between the Earth-Minbari War and the creation of Babylon 5. With the Minbari being so eager to join with the Humans to create Babylon 5, I would imagine some humans would change their opinions of Minbari. I also imagine there were some people much like David Martell who found the concept of the Rangers facinating and seeing it as a place where they could be part of something. Others were probably early encounterers of Shadows on the move more distant from the major seats of power for the main alien governments, and as such they knew something was going on and saw the Rangers as being a group seeking to be ready to deal with a coming threat when it came.

To ask why some humans would be fine following a Minbari despite the Minbari having attacked Earth, one might as well ask why Lennon was willing to meet with Humans during the war despite having his leader killed by Humans.

Just look at Sinclair's conversation with Ivanova in the very first ep. Says most of it right there.

To ask why some humans would be fine following a Minbari despite the Minbari having attacked Earth, one might as well ask why Lennon was willing to meet with Humans during the war despite having his leader killed by Humans.

This idea is true throughout elements of human history. Two examples:

(1) Oskar Schindler saving 1100 jews from nazi extermination even though he was a member of the Nazi party

(2) Hutus who lost their lives protecting Tutsis from extermination in Rwanda

Shaal Mayan, there actually was resentment shown on the Human side as well. HomeGuard (in several episodes) as well as some soldiers in "Gropos"

Everything Delenn did in the first season and a half had an official political explanation and a real secret explanation.

As for her change:

Official explanation: symbolic bridging of cultures between humans and Minbari. Note that when she first appeared in her altered form in front of the council, she said it was with the "blessings" of her "government." However, in her final meeting with the Grey Council, they were apprehensive about the whole thing- "prophecy will attend to itself." Of course she couldn't talk about the real reason for the change:

Real explanation: fulfilling Valen's prophecy under the direction of the Vorlons. At the time, she didn't know herself exactly how her change would bridge the "two halfs of their souls" to fight the Shadows. She did it on faith.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back