• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Recoil

Regular
Surprised there isn't one of these already. I get the feeling people around here are either getting tired of discussing shows weekly, or just getting tired of the shows that are on TV in general. I think Im one of the latter.

I have to say, aside from the Season 3 premier episode, I am very underwhelmed with this season of Lost so far. Another irritating fact, is that tonight's episode is the last new one until freaking FEBRUARY! Ouch.

On the lighter side, did any of you Firefly/Serenity fans out there see Nathan Fillion in tonight's episode? :)

On the lighter side, did any of you Firefly/Serenity fans out there see Nathan Fillion in tonight's episode?

Yes. And I screamed outloud to that effect as soon as his face showed up on screen. :D

Well, I just sat down and watched all of Lost season 3 that's been aired so far in the past two days, and I really enjoyed it. LIke B5, lost is a show that really benefits from being watched back to back in big chunks and with no commericals. With projects going at work and a number of other newer "arc" shows to keep up with plus sampling other new shows to see what's worth watching, I just kept recording Lost on the DVR and flagging them "save until I delete". Every week I'd say, "yeah, I'll watch that later", but there are only so many TV shows you can watch in an evening, especially on a "school night" Then came this unexpected three-day weekend. (Veterans Day, which I forgot we get off since I'm still getting used to this government job stuff. ;)) So I started watching last night and finished early this afternoon. I'm looking forward to January. :D

Joe

Watched all 6 eps with my fiancee on Saturday. The show is still rocking. Couple of points. It's probably dawned on people already, but it wasn't until I saw Ecko's brother that I realised that Jack saw his father on the island, Locke saw Boone (after he died) and Ecko saw his brother. The dead bodies of all three are on the island so is the black smoke monster impersonating them? Or have I conveniently forgotten people having visions of other people who's dead bodies aren't on the island?

So this Ben guy has got a tumour. I assumed that the island cured Locke of his disability and that it had cured Rose of her cancer. How come it didn't cure Ben? My fiancee suggested either Ben didn' "deserve" it, or that as he seems to spend a lot of time on the other island, that that one might not have the magical healing properties.

And what to make of Desmond? Can he see the future or can his predictions be explained normally?

Can't wait till February!

Jack's father, we can't be sure his body is on the island. He didn't have the proper paperwork to get the body on the plane, and that's not a regulation you bend because someone's cute, like giving an extra baby bottle of booze. I would think the red tape involved would make the process take longer than the amount of time Jack was early before his flight. We're talking about transporting a dead body from one country to another. Even if the Australian airport let it go, the US airport wouldn't just let it slide without proper paperwork.

Ben's been on the island his whole life. Possible that living within that environment all along prevents it from helping him, or maybe it is being on the "alcatraz island" or even being away from the part of the island that would have cured Rose and Locke (the main island is rather large, so maye the healing doesn't reach Ben's side of the island).

So was the coffin we saw Jack find by the caves in season 1, just a random coffin and no relation to Jack's father?

It could be the coffin Jack was planning to take his father home in or It could be a random coffin, we really don't have any proof either way.

that's not a regulation you bend because someone's cute,

Even if the Australian airport let it go, the US airport wouldn't just let it slide without proper paperwork.

But he's R E A L L L Y cute! :LOL:

:eek: :D

Even if the Australian airport let it go, the US airport wouldn't just let it slide without proper paperwork.

But if the Australian airport did let it go, and the body got on the plane, Jack could deal with the hassles at the American airport when he got there. And let's also remember that this is a TV show. Neither the writers nor the audience can be expected to know the intricacies of the law with respect to transporting bodies aboard aircraft. The clear implication is that Jack got the body aboard the plane, Certainly Jack acted as though he expected to find the body in that coffin - which he wouldn't have if he'd failed to get the body onto the plane. If this were going to be a plot point I think the writers would have made a point of it, at least done something to suggest that Jack's plea may have failed. And they didn't.

Regards,

Joe

I was under the assumption the airport put an empty coffin on the plane to lead Jack to think that they were acceeding to transporting his father's body in order to stop the huge fit Jack was having in the airport trying to get them to do so.

I'm pretty well convinced that the coffin was Christian's (Christian being Jack's father), especially now that Yemi's body has also wandered off.

But if the Australian airport did let it go, and the body got on the plane, Jack could deal with the hassles at the American airport when he got there. And let's also remember that this is a TV show. Neither the writers nor the audience can be expected to know the intricacies of the law with respect to transporting bodies aboard aircraft. The clear implication is that Jack got the body aboard the plane, Certainly Jack acted as though he expected to find the body in that coffin - which he wouldn't have if he'd failed to get the body onto the plane. If this were going to be a plot point I think the writers would have made a point of it, at least done something to suggest that Jack's plea may have failed. And they didn't.

Regards,

Joe

Eh...I disagree that neither the audience nor the writers should know, the writers are the ones that wrote about the problem, causing the audience to kow, and they never wrote confirmation that it had been dealt with. It is a dead body, afterall, which could spread germs, disease, whatever, doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize procedure needs to be followed. My view is they would've written something to show his pleas hadn't failed, or never brought it up that there was an issue in the first place. I agree the average person wouldn't know the intracies, but, that's a long ways from knowing transporting a dead body across international borders without proper paperwork is a big deal. Heck, even transporting a computer without proper paperwork is a big deal, LOL. :)

Those are all good points about the coffin. Not sure what to think now. Need to go back and watch them all again, I suppose.

IGN are counting down their top 50 Lost loose ends this week, which I thought might interest some people.

Though as they say:
Please note that we're defining a "loose end" as something that was brought up on the show but has yet to be resolved or explained on screen. If something has been addressed on another medium -- such as The Lost Experience online game, official podcasts or episode commentaries -- we consider it to still be a loose end since the average Lost viewer would not have seen the explanation.

they seem to be ignoring the fact that Lost is one of the first truly multimedia shows.

I think Jack did get his father on that plane. I don't know how...maybe a future flashback will tell us, but in my mind it had to be his father's coffin.
Several things bother me when I consider it not being his father's coffin, but there is one that bothers me more than the others: Why would Jack, even after chasing images of his father, go looking for a coffin that he KNEW was never put on the plane? It's his Dad...no question in my mind.

See,

I could accept that podcasts or official commentaries would qualify as "explaining" parts of the show....but that "alternate reality online game" certainly does not. Unfortunately, many people believe it to be "the bible" for the show, when it is just a game and a place to dump theories. I realize this is a multimedia show, but without the writies and creators of the show saying "this website will contain real clues and explainations for the show" the rest has to be considered non-cannon or fan-fiction. And there is so much of it out there (which Im sure the creators of the show love, because it creates a buzz) that you could never know which to believe is real. This brings us back to, "it has to be on the show to be valid"

I think Jack did get his father on that plane. I don't know how...maybe a future flashback will tell us, but in my mind it had to be his father's coffin.
Several things bother me when I consider it not being his father's coffin, but there is one that bothers me more than the others: Why would Jack, even after chasing images of his father, go looking for a coffin that he KNEW was never put on the plane? It's his Dad...no question in my mind.

Well, he didn't go looking for the coffin, the image of his dead father led him to the water at the caves, and he happened across the coffin. But, it could very well be his father's coffin, he paid for it afterall, but, just because the coffin was on the plane, doesn't mean the body was in it.

Jack was tired, undernourished, lack of sleep, and saw his dead father walking around the island, not much further of a stretch for him to go crazy on the coffin, even knowing his father was never in it.

Charlie knew there was no piano in the ocean, but, he still played it.

I finished watching episode 6 the other evening and I dont know what to think about this season. Perhaps this will make me sound insensitive but I could really care less about the love triangle between Jack/Kate/Sawyer. It just keeps going back and forth between them. I found myself cringing when Sawyer and Kate were alone in the cell together. I wanted to know what was happening on the other side of the island. All the time they spent showing those two kissing could have been minutes used to further the story. Meh, perhaps Im just getting jaded this season. Hopefully in Feb. it will pick up its pace for me once again.

Latest posts

Members online

Back