• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official HEROES Spoiler Thread

I'm kinda hoping that the eps that Sylar signed on for next season are flash backs or eps that are back in time. I really hope he dies soon but I'd be happy if Peter just kicked his a$$.

I have a feeling that the subway battle is gonna take place in front of normal people and if the bomb doesn't go off everything is gonna be public.

Josh Dial posted this explanation of the time travel issues on in this thread on The Home Theater Forum. I think it is the clearest and most plausible account of what we've seen so far that I've encountered anywhere. Rather than try to summarize it myself, I got Josh's permission to cross-post his mesage here:

Regards,

Joe

Ofc we have a few more factors in the equation now, which I will try to present the best I can, but knowing me I'll probably be very messy about it so I hope some of you will bear with me and follow it through.
Well let's consider that nothing changed to the timeline and that everything that is about to happen actually happened the same way as Future2 in the above post, so we rule out future 3.
Then we have this slight problem in future 2 with the events that are happening there. We left that place during a battle between Peter aka Neo and Sylar aka Agent Smith, and very important the dead body of future Hiro.
Now the outcome of that battle actually isn't that important knowing both of the characters.
Outcome 1:
So let's assume that Peter wins the battle killing(or whatever superheroes do to their opponents...banish them from the planet or something) Sylar, he is still left there in that future with Hiro's powers which he can (as we saw) use very well, with the slight difference that NOW he knows that the past and the future CAN be changed. Hell nobody seemed to belive that time travel is actually possible and I would presume that even Peter hasn't explored that aspect of those powers, only Hiro knew to what extend his powers go. So now that he knows he (knowing the character who is always helpfull and cares about other human beeings like no one else) will probably try to change that future and do a little time jumping himself to points in time he thinks are relevant to change the future (present in his case) that way he will further more polute the time line and open way to all sorts of paralel timelines.
Considering that in the next episode we saw the meeting of the exploding man and peter we can safelly conclude that Future 2 is either not happening or peter (who won) has decided not to step into the past and change that particular moment of them 2 meeting, which in my opinion would be the best place to change the past if u dont want 0.07% dead people. So either future 2 is totaly invalid at this point (otherwise Peter will surelly stop himself from going nuclear), or Sylar won the battle.
But then again if Sylar won the battle that still leaves us with Hiro's dead body which we very well know Sylar can use to learn how his powers work and there for do a little time jumping of his own and jump to the point where Hiro is suppose to change Future 2 and stop him in doing so, because we all saw our Sylar kinda likes the future he made for himself.
This could further develop to a potential time paradox because if Sylar does something radical like killing young Hiro, then future Hiro is dead and future2 becomes imposible and so the ability to learn Hiro's powers are impossible and therefor jumping back to the past killing Hiro is impossible. But as they say, thats another story.
Either way we either have 2 people in the future who can further more make a time paradox, or future 2 is not happening. I would go with the conclusion that future 2 is not happening which further leads me to the conclusion that peter (on his own without future Peter of future Sylar doing something to the timeline) is somehow going to stop himself from blowing NY city, or he will blow up in some manner that will lead to a different future, one where there will be no need for either Peter or Sylar to change something previous to the blowing moment.
To the question of how Isaac was able to paint the pictures in which future 2 was seen, there is the perfectlly good explanation that he painted those pictures after Hiro met Peter in the subway so the timeline was already changed and he was seeing the only future he could see at that moment. He also drew the events that happened after Hiro and his friend took the trip to the future and came back, which indicates that those 5 years that happened ARE PART of the timeline he saw,but not a linear timeline but one multidimensional, meaning that trip had to happen in to the future, only to be a past event for what is about to happen. In order for the space-time continuum to survive we have to presume that their trip to Future 2 must happen and Future 2 must happen at some point in this multitimeline, because if we want to have any kind of future, call it future X, we must have Future 2 before that. But if we must have Future 2 then Sylar or Peter are both able to make changes to the timeline and that leaves room for any other Future/Past, it's this point where it gets messy, and thinking about it is almost similar to thinking about the G'kar's "meatballs" and I tend to avoid that so I'll stop and wait for the ending of the season :D.

My posts always get out of control :(

I found this information about Heroes this morning...

"*NBC "bulks up" with 30 combined episodes of "Heroes" and "Heroes: Origins," an innovative new spin-off that each week will introduce a new character -- one of whom will be chosen by viewers through the "Heroes" website on NBC.com to become a cast regular the following season. "

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=20372

Here's the entire link in case you are interested in what else NBC is doing next season..LOL

One more ep to go... it looks like there's gonna be a showdown between Peter & Sylar. They'll probably save that till the last five minutes of the ep & then there will be the twist. :(

Of course it will be in the last 5-10 minutes of the show. =)

I am done trying to outguess this show. =) I have no idea what's going to happen next. I do know that I'm hoping DL isn't dead, I loved his character--underused throughout the whole series, imho.

Unless Nikki/Jessica, can reach over and use Linderman's healing power, I'm afraid DL is gone, we know the cast is large and the core group for next season will only have a few of our current Heroes. Likely that there will still be several more deaths. A real bummer that Linderman is dead, Malcolm McDowell plays a different type of creepy, but, creepy, nonetheless. I'm confused about the future though. DL is believed to have perished in the blast, no?

I'm also concerned about Ando. Hiro is already on his way to becoming Future Hiro-like thanks to Papa Nakamura's training. Is he really encouraging Hiro to prevent the blast? Ando was told Sylar killed him by Future Peter. If he had been killed in the blast, I think Future Peter would've specified that, since Future Sylar said Future Peter knew he (Peter) was the one responsible for the blast. Is Hiro somehow gonna responsible for Ando's death, rather than Sylar being responsible?

I'm not sure who is responsible for Ando's death, but I hope they can stop it. The friendship chemistry between Ando and Hiro is priceless and honestly? It's the first thing that caught my attention when I began watching this show.

I think Linderman is Nathan's father and that his healing may go beyond others. He may be able to heal himself. It makes sense.

Linderman (healer)
Nathan and Firestarter lady (other abilities: flying/fire)
Claire (healer)

So, Linderman may wake up. Who knows. It's a wild guess.

This episode also allowed me to like the Candace character a little more. She seemed less bitchy and more human in a sense--though a little cult/Waco "Mister Linderman will change the world!"

I think Sylar rocks. I really do. I never want him to go away.

Linderman... most likely dead. I don't think he can come back from that. His powers are controlled with his brain and well it's not really whole anymore. :)

Mrs. Petrelli... I'm glad Linderman healed her but then he's the one who put her in the chair in the first place. I thought Peter was gonna have to do it with Linderman's power.

Ted... Buh, bye. :p

Parkman... they showed him bleeding out next week so maybe he dies too. He gets shot by someone & it's probably Mr. Benett.

DL... It looked like he was dead but at the end of the ep there is a clip of him, Nikki, Micah, & Molly sitting together. They're all looking up. Actually everyone is shown looking up. I have a theory about that. I think Peter is gonna grab Sylar and fly straight up... how cool would that be if they exploded either in space or high enough to not destroy anything.

Candice... She's probably a bit more shapely in her true form. :p

Hiro... He's coming along nicely. I wonder what his dad can do.

Ando... He probably still dies. Hiro needs to be on his own though, those two rely on each other two much.

Nathan... I think when Hiro confronted him he decided to change. I don't think he turned on Linderman the first time around.

Nikki... She probably took the money the last time around. It looks like she's finally starting to work her $hit out though. Yayyyyy.

Sylar... Just DIE!!!

Re: U.S. Sci-Fi Channel HEROES Marathon

OK, what are they smoking over at the Sci-Fi Channel? Have you seen the schedule for their all-day Heroes marathon? (Which I can't believe nobody posted about before this)

09:00 AM 109 HOMECOMING
10:00 AM 110 SIX MONTHS AGO
11:00 AM 111 FALLOUT
12:00 PM 112 GODSEND
01:00 PM 113 THE FIX
02:00 PM 114 DISTRACTIONS
03:00 PM 115 RUN!
04:00 PM 116 UNEXPECTED
05:00 PM 117 COMPANY MAN
06:00 PM 118 PARASITE
07:00 PM - TBD 119 .07%
08:00 PM - TBD 120 FIVE YEARS GONE
09:00 PM - TBD 121 THE HARD PART
10:00 PM - TBD 122 LANDSLIDE
11:00 PM 101 PILOT
12:00 AM 102 DON'T LOOK BACK
01:00 AM 103 ONE GIANT LEAP
02:00 AM 104 COLLISION
03:00 AM 105 HIRO'S
04:00 AM 106 BETTER HALVES
05:00 AM 107 NOTHING TO HIDE

They're starting with episode 9 for no apparent reason, have a block of shows listed as both "To Be Determine" and with specific titles, and when they cycle around to the start of the show at 11 PM ET they're going to run the first 7 episodes and omit episode 8 completely. You know, I used to think people were kidding when they said you had to get a lobotomy before you could become a TV scheduleler. :)

But even with all the weirdness (and not being in HD, natch) this is the best thing short of a DVD release for both catching up on the show and refreshing your memory for details. I've looked in on a couple of episodes as they've been on (I'm recording them all to rewatch/scan later) and I've already had my recollection corrected on a couple of plot points and seen how different some effects look in light of subsequent knowldege. (Something I long ago dubbed, "The B5 Effect" ;)) Fun stuff.

Regards,

Joe

Yeah, that kind of pissed me off. I was all excited and ready to tell my non-Heroes watching friends that they could catch pretty much all of season 1 (minus the finale) during the marathon. Then I saw the schedule and wanted to kick someone over at Sci-fi in the junk.

Hmmm ... the only "logical" explanation for that (that I can see) would be to get the most up to date episodes in prime time as a refresher before the finale.

But even that doesn't make much sense in the context of what it does to the rest of the episodes.

The person that came up with that brilliant idea probably got a bonus check.

I'm all for kickin' them in the junk... get me an address. :p

Regarding the finale... fucking hell yeah. Is it wrong for me to feel so impatient for the release of the DVDs? :D

Regarding the finale... fucking hell yeah. Is it wrong for me to feel so impatient for the release of the DVDs? :D

HELL NO... I want the DVDs now! :D

I guessesd the flying up and exploding part but I never thought that Nathan would of been the one to help out. I like how they ended the season & I'm looking foreward to the rest of the overal story arc.

Quick question... Did Peter absorb all of Sylars abilities or did he just absorb his regular power? I know he got Nikki's strength.

I imagine he was close enough to get at least some of Sylar's abilities.

I figure Nathan flew Peter to the upper stratosphere and tossed him, then got the fuck out of Dodge before the boom.

Ten bucks says Hiro's dad is the lone samurai on the hill.

Sylar ain't dead. Kickass.

Sylar telling Peter, "you think you can hurt me?" and Nikki stepping in.. "no, but I can." Woooo! All of us cheered.

Sylar not being dead. (cheer!)

Nathan doing the right thing (cheer!)

I don't think Nathan is dead. I'm thinking he did exactly what was mentioned--got Peter up so far and flew off. He already heard (from Mom Patrelli) that Peter would survive the blast.

Mom Patrelli is a big, fat, stank-ho snatch. I kept remembering her line from one of the first episodes where she told Peter, "you were always my favorite." PSHA. Bitch.

That is totally Papa Nakamura in the Feudal Japan warlord armor. I know Sulu's eyes anywhere! Though, not sure it's really him--maybe an ancestor? Unless Papa Nakamura's power is that he never ages? And hell yeah! Hiro's in Feudal Japan! Now he's going to get some ass-kicking training. Furthermore, I wonder if Hiro is the source of the Kensai story that his father told?

CREEPY = Molly telling Mohinder, "There's only one man worse than the boogey man, and whenever I look for him, he can see me."

W
T
F
???

Whoah. Maybe it's Simone's father? If not, what's her father's ability? He's one of the original group, maybe? But, he was all about good and it seems that Mama Patrelli had either given up hope for the future or was always a skank. Maybe he can manipulate time as Hiro did. Or, maybe he's some kind of grand puppet-master behind a lot more than we think?

I think Molly has a new family now. =) I'm pretty sure DL and Nikki will adopt her. She's cute as can be.

Mr. Bennett's first name is Noah. Cool.

Awesome episode. I cannot WAIT for next season. (sigh)

"Hiro, you look bad ass."

It's been speculated for some time that Hiro was Kensei, soul patch and all.

On introducing the new bigger boogeyman: reminiscent of Sauron and Randall Flagg.

Good solid finale.

I imagine he was close enough to get at least some of Sylar's abilities.

He got the telekinesis from Sylar, and Sylar took that from his first victim. (Forget the character's name. The actor was the assistant coroner from CSI: Las Vegas.) Don't forget, this wasn't Peter's first encounter with Sylar, it was his third, so I'd say he's absorbed whatever new powers Sylar had each time they met. Assuming Peter is still alvie, of course. :)

I've suspected from the very beginning of Peter's dream flying, when Simone's dad died, that Simone's dad's MH ability is dreaming.

Demonn said:
I guessesd the flying up and exploding part but I never thought that Nathan would of been the one to help out.

Yeah, I had thought of the flying up and exploding part by at least last week if not before (I can't quite remember when I first thought of it), but I too didn't see it being Nathan that did the flying. I was thinking Peter would end up grabbing Sylar and flying them both up to explode over the city. I like that they did it with Nathan though; it was such a touching moment.

LondosHair said:
Ten bucks says Hiro's dad is the lone samurai on the hill.

Lots of potentialities about the lone samurai, I'd say. I'm glad they brought back in that eclipse at the end because with it only having showed up that wee little bit at the very beginning of the show and its use for the backdrop of the title shot, it seemed like it was supposed to be significant but just sort of disappeared. Good to see it's not out yet. I wonder if the lone samurai caused the eclipse, or if he might be the one person that Molly said could see her when she looked for him. He did have that partial helix symbol on his flag that has been all over the show, after all.

Alluveal said:
Furthermore, I wonder if Hiro is the source of the Kensai story that his father told?

Ever since however many months ago that someone pointed out the appearance similarities between the painted picture of Kensei and future!Hiro, I've been hoping it to be true. Now with Hiro back in the past during Kensei's time, it sure looks like it is. Awesome.

Sindatur said:
I've suspected from the very beginning of Peter's dream flying, when Simone's dad died, that Simone's dad's MH ability is dreaming.

I hadn't even thought that Simone's dad had an ability tonight; I had always thought his dreaming of flying was something that Peter unconsciously caused to happen himself. But of course when Simone's dad showed up in the finale I was like, "Duh! Funky dreaming is his power and Peter absorbed it a long time ago, and that's how Peter had that dream-vision of himself blowing up midseason after saving the cheerleader."

I really liked this finale and am very eager for both the dvds and the next season. I haven't done so yet, but maybe I should even make my way over to the official website and give all those online comics they put up throughout the season a looksee.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back