• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Heroes

We've seen about half of the first season (It just went on break a couple weeks ago) and it is returning on Jan 22, I believe. I only watch LOST, Heroes, and the SciFi Friday shows (BSG, Dr. Who, Stargates).

I really enjoy it. It's an arc'ed show, that asks alot of questions. But, since it's a Superhero show, the format allows them to answer questions much quicker than LOST does. I believe the arc flow, is a season long arc, that is basically ended at season's end, and a new arc will be set in motion for S2. Season 1 so far, has been about learning about who has what powers, a little (if not all, but, perhaps all) about where the powers came from, and a main villain, and a disaster to prevent. S2, I believe is gonna be a different disaster and/or main villain.

I hope thats the case. I think given how most shows turn out, I think I prefer that these days.

B5 was great in that it was a nice pre-planned 5 season arc. No other show has been able to do that. Shows that try these days (like Lost) never seem to go anywhere. It seems the concept isn't to tell a story, but string viewers along. In lost we are 2.5 Seasons into it, and I still dont feel like an overall story or concept has shown itself. In B5 we were getting ready for Severed Dreams by now, with the story kicking into high gear.

Joss Whedon did the "Season Arc" concept in Buffy pretty much, and I liked it. Yes, he always made references back to events in prior seasons, and the characters developed season after season, but pretty much each season had its own arc, its own enemy/nemesis but were largely independant of one another. After the bad guy in Season 3 was beat, a new enemy slowly emerged and a new story appeared for Season 4, building to its climax.

I really don't mind that format at all, and think it can be done very well. B5 is the ONLY show that has impressed me with a long-term arc. I think BSG will come close, but fall short in this area. Great show, but I dont think the overall arc will work as well.

So hopefully things get done right with Heroes.

I'm loving it as well. They have built up suspense coupled with mystery very well, as far as I am concerned. I can't wait for January 22nd.

I saw an extended pilot at Comic Con, and loved it. Downloaded 11 eps, waited and have just watched them over the last few days.

Loved the pilot again. Didn't like the following episodes as much. Too gruesome for my liking, and didn't like some of the plot points. But then it started to improve and I'm enjoying it again. Crazy show, but I like it. And Peter is so cute. :D

It does feel like a show that's running on speed, and that it could burn out very early. Dunno, just the feeling I get.

I'm loving the show as well and can't wait till it starts up over here so I can get all my friends hooked on it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back