• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Little Things

Nice one.

But here's another question -- what were the three times? One would be the shuttle crash with Sinclair that led to them seeing the Shadow ships. Do we know the stories of the other two?

Speaking of Garibaldi's temporary insanity, the face he draws in the condensation on his mirror is wonderful, and apparently one of the Daffy Duck cartoons he watches in that period features Daffy fighting himself.

Also, something that's been bugging me... rumor has it that you can see Rangers around in the background before they make themselves known to Garibaldi in "Coming of Shadows." One site said that the first one visible was in "The Long Dark." But I've watched that episode several times recently, and I haven't been able to spot him. Anyone have other Ranger sightings, especially early ones?

The other time "Mars" tried to kill Garibaldi is explained in the first season episode where the President is coming to B5 and he's framed. The third is probably some form of Mars riots back in the day. I think it was a food riot or something, can't remember at the moment.
As for out of his mind. He might have gone back for Lease (ha I can't think of how to spell here name, Lise?) if he wasn't crazy.

what were the three times? One would be the shuttle crash with Sinclair that led to them seeing the Shadow ships. Do we know the stories of the other two?

Speaking of Garibaldi's temporary insanity, the face he draws in the condensation on his mirror is wonderful, and apparently one of the Daffy Duck cartoons he watches in that period features Daffy fighting himself.

1) I think one of those other times was nearly drinking himself to death after his friend Frank died. I forget Frank's last name. His daughter visited in the Season 1 ep. "Survivors" I think.

2) Garibaldi is watching the Looney Tunes cartoon where Daffy Duck is fighting against the cartoonist. Daffy will try to do one thing and the artist will erase the landscape, or paint around Daffy, or draw funny clothes or skin on him. I thought it was great symbolism of Garibaldi being controlled by forces outside of his reach.

P.S. - At the end of the cartoon, Daffy shouts, "I DEMAND TO KNOW WHO'S DOING THIS TO ME!!!" The artist turned out to be Bugs Bunny :).

I watched Convictions recently. I had forgotten that G'Kar echoes his "fishies" song from S1 in the elevator scenes.

And it's such a great song, too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back