• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

William Shatner's "Raw Nerve"

GKarsEye

Regular
My ultimate man-crush and hero, William Shatner, has a half-hour interview show on the Biography channel called "Raw Nerve."

Watched the first episode with Valerie Bertenelli (star of sitcom One Day At A Time and endless TV movies and ex-wife of Eddie Van Halen, current Jenny Craig spokesperson after battling weight problems).

It's pretty damn good! Shatner loves to get into the big life questions, and related her divorce with his divorces, etc. Shatner rules. I wish he had better guests though (Tim Allen is the other episode I have on my DVR).

Thanks for the link. I like his approach of hawking the guests' products before and after the interview, saving them the trouble. I can't watch Leno/Letterman because every interview is a commercial.

I wish William Shatner was my uncle.

I saw the listings, but didn't care for the guests. But, I'll check out the next ep. I did record Star Trek Captain's Log, just before Raw Nerve, and it was pretty bad. I'd seen it all before. The highlight was Nichelle Nichols telling how MLK talked her into staying in the show. Good, but I'd seen it before.

The highlight was Nichelle Nichols telling how MLK talked her into staying in the show. Good, but I'd seen it before.
It is a remarkable moment, but one she repeats over and over at every convention, interview, and sound byte she appears in. I heard her tell the story in person at the 30th anniversary convention in Huntsville Alabama 12 years ago, and have heard it at least a dozen times since.

It is a remarkable moment, but one she repeats over and over at every convention, interview, and sound byte she appears in. I heard her tell the story in person at the 30th anniversary convention in Huntsville Alabama 12 years ago, and have heard it at least a dozen times since.

And I'm sure it didn't happen quite like she describes it. I'm not calling her a liar, but it's just too storybook, the way she describes it. People just don't talk the way she makes it seem, even legendary figures like MLK. Considering her traditional theater background, I'm guessing she's your classic stage diva type who has to describe stories as if everyone spoke on cue, the lighting was perfect, exit stage left.

Actually what amuses me the most is the image of MLK chillin' at home, flipping on the TV and watching The Changeling.

Back to the interview show- like Jade I couldn't care less about any of the people he's talking to. I'm just tuning in to watch Shatner try to re-invent the TV interview format. After all, I own both of his albums.

Back