• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tron 2

there may have been a teaser, but do you seriously believe it will ever get a release? come on mate, i love the movie but i'm a realist.

I loved the concept of Tron... not only was the film a blast, but it explored the concept of theology through an original and contemporary medium (a medium that perhaps is far more relevant in today's world than it was in the 80's). Users=gods/God, programs=humans/mortals

The novelization by Brian Daley, covers that aspect of the film in a more direct manner and also features a tip of the hat to the Day the Earth Stood Still.

Not sure how I feel about a sequel though. In some ways I'd certainly like to see them severely modernize the effects sequences from the original though.

Its a sequel, Hollywood is stuck for ideas. I'm guessing its already been green-lit as Hollywood execs showed it off at comic-con, which is a massive film industry event as well. So yeah, i would take that bet, were I a gambling man. ;)

Speaking of "The Day the Earth Stood Still", did anyone catch the trailer for THAT remake before the Batman movie? I really am not sure I'm going to like it. Seems, at least on the surface, radically different.

Speaking of "The Day the Earth Stood Still", did anyone catch the trailer for THAT remake before the Batman movie? I really am not sure I'm going to like it. Seems, at least on the surface, radically different.

I'm such a loyalist I'm not even going to watch the trailer. And Tron 2 sounds appalling. The first one's a lot of fun, but it's such a product of its time. You can't update something like that...

The one film with a recently released trailer that I am looking forward to despite myself is Watchmen.

They didn't show TDTESS with the trailers during the Dark Knight, over here.

If they had... I might have run up the stairs and punched the projectionist.

Its a sequel, Hollywood is stuck for ideas. I'm guessing its already been green-lit as Hollywood execs showed it off at comic-con, which is a massive film industry event as well. So yeah, i would take that bet, were I a gambling man. ;)

richard hatch showed his trailer for a BSG continuation a few years back, and that never happened.

Yeah, but that was self funded, not studio funded. This was Disney execs showing and has a confirmed director. But it could easily die. And it needs Bruce.

As for The Day The Earth Stood Still, it does look different. It could be an interesting remake if they use the concept to explore other ideas (last time it was nuclear war, this time, pollution ?) . Still sick of remakes though.

With regard to The Day the Earth Stood Still, I just don't want to see Keanu Reeves walking over Michael Rennie's grave... it would be desecration.

As soon as I heard this remake was on the cards... I made darn sure I got the original on DVD, to make sure I could preserve it's heritage personally.

As for The Day The Earth Stood Still, it does look different. It could be an interesting remake if they use the concept to explore other ideas (last time it was nuclear war, this time, pollution ?) . Still sick of remakes though.

For me, for the plot to work at all, humanity has to be a threat to the rest of intelligent life "out there". How would our pollution problem be a threat to them?

I already own the DVD, as I've loved this movie for some time. Unfortunately, even a DVD won't last forever. So they had better keep producing them under whatever new formats come along (Blue Ray if it really wipes out the DVD market, or whatever comes).

And I seriously suspect I'll hate this movie, so I think I'll skip it. No one else will be able to capture me as well as the first cast did.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back