• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

du dah na da, du dah na da

dan de dan daahh
dan de dan
dan de da da
dan de der der dan
dan de dan da, dan dan de dan
dan de der dan de der dan de der dan de der dan de dan

dan de da. dan de de de der...

Guess what I'm off to see tonight !!!

Oh let me guess lets see based on the theme song gee that's a tough one, I ll take a shot in the dark guess on this one Darth and say Speed Racer? just kidding I have read a lot of positive things about this Indiana Jones film so its a must see on my list.:cool:

Cannes says it sucks.

Of course, Cannes is a film festival full of stuffy twats, so I still have some hope of it being OK. Will probably go tomorrow night.

The ones at Cannes that are judging the film are jealous over the fact that Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are wealthy successful and can get any movie made they want to and the stuffed shirts cannot, combined with the fact that both men can buy and sell them all day long they are pissed because they a have to work harder for a living.The Cannes film fools only judge artists and artists are not allowed to be successful and comfortable in their life times Their philosophy commercail success is a no no. great artistic film producers need to suffer for his art endure great personal hardship and die a very bad and tragic death in order to be considered a great and worthy film artist. At least thats my theory other wise I have no what the Cannes people are about. When I think of Cannes i think of one word in particular, clueless.

Last edited:
The ones at Cannes that are judging the film are jealous over the fact that Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are wealthy successful and can get any movie made they want to and the stuffed shirts cannot, combined with the fact that both men can buy and sell them all day long they are pissed because they a have to work harder for a living.The Cannes film fools only judge artists and artists are not allowed to be successful and comfortable in their life times Their philosophy commercail success is a no no. great artistic film producers need to suffer for his art endure great personal hardship and die a very bad and tragic death in order to be considered a great and worthy film artist. At least thats my theory other wise I have no what the Cannes people are about. When I think of Cannes i think of one word in particular, clueless.

i don't know about clueless, after all they do like Kevin Smith.

Yeah now that you mentioned it, Kevin Smith does put a wee bit of a crimp in my statement. but most of it does still stand Speilberg and Lucas can write their own ticket the Cannes People can't.

Most reviews I've read say, "It's not good, but it's fun."

There seems to be general agreement that it's the worst of the lot. Since I never even bothered seeing Temple of Doom, I doubt I'll bother with this one. Raiders will always reign supreme.

On this one I just don't care what the critics think, Im going to see it anyways. Ive got a bit of a soft spot for the Indiana Jones films, I do agree that Temple of Doom is the least of them, but it's still fun to watch.

Last edited:
dan de dan daahh
dan de dan
dan de da da
dan de der der dan
dan de dan da, dan dan de dan
dan de der dan de der dan de der dan de der dan de dan

dan de da. dan de de de der...

Guess what I'm off to see tonight !!!

I would have never guessed.:)

Let's try the Darth Vader Theme from "Star Wars" this way:

Dan Dan Dan Dan Da Dan Dan Da Dan

Dan Dan Dan Dan Da Dan Dan Da Dan

Dan Dan Da Dan Dan Da Da Da Da

Dan Dan Dan Da Da Da Da

Dan Dan Dan Dan Daaaahhhhn.

:LOL:

Well, it was full of plot holes, and Cate Blanchett's accent was ropey as Indy's whip, but it was bags of fun.

The move to the 50's with reds under the bed, nuclear holocaust and saucer men was great. Le Beef or however you spell it was on top form, and I had a great time at the cinema. Well, it was either this or sex in the city....

At least 3 people in the cinema were dressed as Indy.

My anti-Cannes prejudice was well-founded. I loved it. Definitely NOT the worst Indy movie, it beats the Temple of Doom easily.

Of course the plot was full of holes, and it made no sense that they were all still alive 20 minutes in .. but I stopped caring about that when "Indiana Jones and ..." appeared on the screen in the beginning. And it's not like the plot of Raiders was scientifically plausible.

Was great to see Marion Ravenwood again.

Oh, and Russian communists want the movie banned. :LOL: .. personally, I loved the evil, evil Soviets standing in for the evil, evil Nazis. Wonky as that Russian all was.

To the Russian Communists who feel offended by the movie I will say just one word:​

Stalin

What a fascist thing to say ;)

(I stopped expecting Russian communists to make sense after .. well .. the first time I tried to debate history with one, and was a nazi within 5 minutes for claiming that Stalinist repressions weren't fun. People taking offence here is especially silly, considering that it was explicitly stated that Cate Blanchett's character was not only a Soviet, but a stalinist)

What a fascist thing to say ;)

(I stopped expecting Russian communists to make sense after .. well .. the first time I tried to debate history with one, and was a nazi within 5 minutes for claiming that Stalinist repressions weren't fun. People taking offence here is especially silly, considering that it was explicitly stated that Cate Blanchett's character was not only a Soviet, but a stalinist)

The Communist Party in Russia has done unthinkable things to its own country for 72 years and partly to my country through the local communist regime for more than 45 years so let's say that I'm not one of their fans.

Anyway let's get back to Indy.

Last edited:
Indeed.

My biggest complaing about the movie? The opening. Where was the Indy font? Where das the daaa da da da .. da da da?

I am glad, though, that they stuck to the old Indy-stile maps whenever he travelled.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back