• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Farscape

Alluveal, someone's hogging most of the Season 4 discs I want, too. It's like Netflix only ever bought one set.

I watched one of the first episodes of the show and caught Aeryn sayng this to D'Argo:

"Imagine – somewhere out there there's a whole world full of Crichtons. How useless that must be."

I loved the series from the first episode. Sure, there are some dogs, but I thought it was spectacularly creative. The writing (and acting) can be intensely emotional, or outstandingly witty.

I was fortunate enough to go to the first Farscape convention held in the US. It was an amazing time. The actors were making the show in Australia, where it wasn't showing at the time. This was essentially their first experience with the actual fandom, outside of some scifi.com chats. I think they were a bit stunned by the experience, or at least they acted that way. They were remarkably approachable. :D

What is happening with those ? I've not heard anything since they were announced last year...

Last I heard was from Ben Browder. I believe it was in an interview in one of the recent press junkits for Ark of Truth for SG where he stated he was looking forward to getting to work on it again, but still no time frame. From his comment, it was clear it's still in the works, though!

Can I get a Hell Yeah!!!?

As for availability of S1, it could be being reworked for a newer and cheaper DVD release. The show started to come out on DVD when TV on DVD was still fairly new, so they were only putting 2 or 3 eps per disk and releasing them in bulky, expensive sets. With the recent advent of full series in one large set, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't re-styling it in a smaller version that holds the entire series and the mini-series.

"Imagine – somewhere out there there's a whole world full of Crichtons. How useless that must be."

And ain't that the frelling truth?!

They were remarkably approachable.

Are you sure that's just not you that's remarkably approachable, Markas? I mean, you're just so...stunning!

CE

Are you sure that's just not you that's remarkably approachable, Markas? I mean, you're just so...stunning!

CE

Good point. :D

Actually, I think things are a bit different now. Going to conventions and Comicon for years gets these folks used to the attention of fans. They were so very fresh. I mean...I got to play with Virginia Hey's head. :D

Good point. :D

Actually, I think things are a bit different now. Going to conventions and Comicon for years gets these folks used to the attention of fans. They were so very fresh. I mean...I got to play with Virginia Hey's head. :D

You're so....shameless.

I LOVE IT!

CE

Back