• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS and the BBC...

That's usually the case, when it comes to DVD's at a great price, or that aren't offered at popular seller's websites. I have a friend who still swears that his full season on DVD of "WKRP in Cincinatti" is the real deal. Or he doesn't want to admit it's a cheap fake. But that fact has been confirmed to my satisfaction (mainly by those who know this industry better than I do confirmed my suspicion).

It's a shame, because a lot of innocent people get duped. Others don't care, but some do care very much. I'm glad you caught the source before you shelled out a lot of bucks for trash that can't be returned and doesn't compensate the rights-owner of the work.

I'm not above buying a cheap, unauthorized version of something that isn't otherwise released, but the quality and service must meet certain standards. It seems that this place does not.

I bought a cheap version of Star Fleet because it was not commercially released.... but as the 80's is now coming back in fashion, the producers bothered to source all original materials and it should be on our shelves soon... and yes I will buy the proper version now!

well the last I heard from the BBC regarding Blakes 7 was last year sometime when they confrimed that a remake of the show was currently "In development."
And if JMS is indeed at the helm then this could suddenly be very exciting.

well the last I heard from the BBC regarding Blakes 7 was last year sometime when they confrimed that a remake of the show was currently "In development."
And if JMS is indeed at the helm then this could suddenly be very exciting.

I suspect it's more likely the guys behind Life on Mars have got the nod. On the DVD extras of the first series, they explicitly state that they wanted to be able to do a new B7, but there was no opportunity so they plumped for LoM instead.

I would imagine that the success of their writing may have given the BBC incentive to listen to their ideas.

Back