• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sarah Conner Chronicles on YouTube...

I'm completely neutral about the first item ..

... but Starcraft 2?? WOO! I've been waiting for this for 10 years, and now I would have nearly missed it .. so thanks.

It looks completely awesome. I stopped playing computer games when fancy 3D graphics started being more important than gameplay (Monkey Island 4, how much I hate you) .. but I will have to make an exception for this. In a typical Blizzard manner, they seem to have managed to preserve the original gameplay, in spite of technological advances.

So, will Raynor manage to unzerg Kerrigan?

I honestly couldn't care less about this show. Revisiting the already-overdone Terminator Universe just doesn't interest me. They should have stopped at T2 --- T3 was pretty lame and just a bit too circular.

Even if I did have interest in this show, I wouldn't watch it because its on Fox. It would need to be on for a season or two before I'd consider it.

I give it 8 episodes. Tops.

The Terminator post nuclear war sounds like a good way of getting the one-to-one street fighting we have seen in Iraq and Afghanistan onto the big screen. The trailers I have seen so far do not suggest this. I suspect that in order to make the mother the hero they have turned the son into a cry baby, that will backfire.

Because. As I have stated in other threads, I am really to the point of quitting network TV. Network TV stations do not stand behind their shows or give them the slightest chances anymore, and Fox is the worst. Why would I start to watch something, start to get into it, just so they can cancel it before the first season is even half over? And this isn't because of Drive, or Firefly. Look at these networks. They do this ALL THE TIME. Hell Fox axed that show Vanished before even finishing one season, and they tried to "wrap it up quickly" with webisodes. Being sure to have higher rated shows than the competition is one thing, but they don't even give shows a chance anymore, and its really unfair to the viewers. Even shows like Jericho, on CBS, which started off luke warm, but turned into a very strong show, didn't get renewed for a second season. Then they post shit on their CBS website about how they will "try to, in coming weeks, find a way to bring closure to the Drama that is Jericho." How thoughtful of them. I've got a way for them to bring closure --- give a decent show with decent ratings a fucking chance and stop being so cancel happy! I could rattle off the names of tons of shows in the last three years that have been killed before really being given a chance. Shows that were not at the bottom of the barrel in ratings --- just not superhits like the network was hoping for. They did, OK, but they weren't the next Lost, and because of that: Gone.

Anyone remember Seinfeld? That show got TERRIBLE ratings the first 2 seasons, but the network, for some reason, stood behind it, and it developed into a HUGE hit. I think those days are gone forever, at least on network TV.

No, I'm seriously at the point where I'm done with trying out new shows on network TV. I'll wait 1 season, and see if they get renewed for a second season. If they do, I'll buy the DVDs and watch the second season live, if its something I'm interested in. But no more will I waste my time on new television. I realize that networks dont care, and that Im not teaching them a lesson. Its not that at all. Im just tired of it, and done with them, until things (hopefully) change.

Recoil and I agree on something. :)

I figure: if the series survives a year, I can get it on DVD easily enough. Boy, that's a luxury I'm glad we have in this day and age. (Believe it or not, young-un's, there was a time when an episode was aired once, twice maybe if you count the between-season repeats.

Back when we had usually about 5 stations available.

Anyone out there remember UHF? :LOL:

That was also before video games. Unless you count "table tennis". :LOL:

Ah, god I'm old. :eek:

Even if I did have interest in this show, I wouldn't watch it because its on Fox. It would need to be on for a season or two before I'd consider it.

I give it 8 episodes. Tops.

Wise move.

Because it's on FOX, and if it's not an instant hit, they'll pull it. They'll do stuff like schedule a fledgling series across from the Number One Show on TV, and if their fledgling series isn't a hit, they act surprised and pull it after a few episodes.

Because. As I have stated in other threads, I am really to the point of quitting network TV.

No reason to quit network TV altogether. There are still a lot of good shows on network TV, established, strong shows*. No reason not to watch the ones that are already established. Just don't watch NEW shows on network TV, if you can't take the disappointment of swift cancellation.

Network TV stations do not stand behind their shows or give them the slightest chances anymore, and Fox is the worst. Why would I start to watch something, start to get into it, just so they can cancel it before the first season is even half over? And this isn't because of Drive, or Firefly. Look at these networks. They do this ALL THE TIME. Hell Fox axed that show Vanished before even finishing one season, and they tried to "wrap it up quickly" with webisodes.

FOX is definitely the worst. I only started watching House M.D. on DVD after it was into its second season. I refuse to watch FOX broadcast.

FOX axed The Tick after 9 episodes, not even airing the last 1.
FOX axed Keen Eddie after 7 episodes, not even airing the last 6.
FOX axed Wonderfalls after 4 episodes, not even airing the last 9.

NBC axed Boomtown after 6 episodes of Season 2. Those episodes were never put in the DVD set, and they'll probably never be put on DVD, now. :mad:

Being sure to have higher rated shows than the competition is one thing, but they don't even give shows a chance anymore, and its really unfair to the viewers. Even shows like Jericho, on CBS, which started off luke warm, but turned into a very strong show, didn't get renewed for a second season. Then they post shit on their CBS website about how they will "try to, in coming weeks, find a way to bring closure to the Drama that is Jericho." How thoughtful of them. I've got a way for them to bring closure --- give a decent show with decent ratings a fucking chance and stop being so cancel happy! I could rattle off the names of tons of shows in the last three years that have been killed before really being given a chance. Shows that were not at the bottom of the barrel in ratings --- just not superhits like the network was hoping for. They did, OK, but they weren't the next Lost, and because of that: Gone.

Anyone remember Seinfeld? That show got TERRIBLE ratings the first 2 seasons, but the network, for some reason, stood behind it, and it developed into a HUGE hit. I think those days are gone forever, at least on network TV.

No, I'm seriously at the point where I'm done with trying out new shows on network TV. I'll wait 1 season, and see if they get renewed for a second season. If they do, I'll buy the DVDs and watch the second season live, if its something I'm interested in.

Thet's the way to do it, except that can also rent 'em on Netflix or Blockbuster.

But no more will I waste my time on new television. I realize that networks dont care, and that Im not teaching them a lesson. Its not that at all. Im just tired of it, and done with them, until things (hopefully) change.

I'm tired of it. too. Got burned twice in the 2006-2007 season.

*KoshN Network TV Watch List (2006-2007

How I Met Your Mother
Two and a Half Men
The Class (cancelled :()
Rules of Engagement (if only for Patrick Warburton)

NCIS
House M.D. (though I watch it on DVD)

Jericho (cancelled :()
Criminal Minds
CSI-NY

CSI
Shark

Ghost Whisperer
NUMB3RS

KoshN:

Well I didn't state it clearly, but I'm not quitting watching network TV alltogether, I am just quitting adopting NEW shows on Network TV. Shows I watch today I will continue to watch. But new shows that begin the next viewing season, and thereafter, I will definitely not be tuning in until I am sure they made the cut.

Fox is the worst. CBS is starting to get bad (if its not CSIx they don't care), and NBC has had a few recently. ABC....not sure nothing on that network appeals to me anyway except Lost. :p

KoshN:

Well I didn't state it clearly, but I'm not quitting watching network TV alltogether, I am just quitting adopting NEW shows on Network TV. Shows I watch today I will continue to watch. But new shows that begin the next viewing season, and thereafter, I will definitely not be tuning in until I am sure they made the cut.

Yeah, I saw that was what you meant halfway down the post, but was too lazy to go back and edit the beginning of my reply. :eek:

Fox is the worst. CBS is starting to get bad (if its not CSIx they don't care), p

The Class wins the People's Choice Award for best new comedy, and CBS drops it. :rolleyes: It even seems that most of the people who commented about it on the Home Theater Forum, liked it.

Back