• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What are your favoirte B5/crusade quotes?

Tonight on "Eyes" there was a nice one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lennier: "Oh Mr. Garibaldi, I was just about to embark on a journey of the fuel emission system. Care to join me?"
Garibaldi: "Why don't you embark on a journey to your quarters and let me get some sleep?"

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
TJ

Most of the things G'Kar says. And most of the things Kosh says.

I think "Yes." has always been my most favourite, though.

I always liked "Good". /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif In the context of that scene, at that moment, that was just the most vorlon-ish thing to say. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My personal favourite?

The following from 'Voices Of Authority':

MARCUS: "I'll put a bucket on my head and pretend to be the ancient Vorlon god Booji."
IVANOVA: "That's it!"
MARCUS: "Fine, I'll get a bucket."
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Oh...and of course the ever famous:

"Would you prefer to be conscious or unconscious during the mating? I would prefer conscious, but I don't know what your pleasure threshold is."

I was restraining from saying that. Thought it might be a little too obvious. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thank you for doing it for me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also like the quote in my signature. Well, I suppose it made more sense in the context. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Restraint is not my strong suit. I too like the quote in my signature, as I'm sure, do you. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

"You have a magical rock that is a metaphorical book that has answers to questions we haven't asked yet and you want us to spend days in hyperspace based on that?"

"It's like being nibbled to death by.... What are those earth creatures called... feathers, long bill, webbed feeg... go 'quick?'"
"Cats?"
"Cats! Yes, cats. It's like being nibbled to death by cats."

Garibaldi has some great ones too --
"What kind of chief of security would I be if I let people like me know things I'm not supposed to know?"
"I never get involved in my own life. Too complicated."

On a related note, the Egyptian god of frustration was pretty cool.

Staying on the Garibaldi theme: "Anatomically impossible, Mr. Garibaldi, but you're welcome to try."

And to conclude -- Ivanova's lines "explaining" Garibaldi's hair loss were absolutely classic! "That's my story and I'm sticking to it..." -- which, for those who don't know, is JMS's usual way of covering up his mistakes -- had me in absolute stiches!

Delenn putting the verbal smackdown on those Earthforce ships in "Severed Dreams" is my all time favorite, but here are a few for the true connaisseur:

K'Gar: Careful, Mariel, if I were married to Londo Mollari, I'd be concerned.
Mariel: G'Kar, if you were married to Londo Mollari, we'd all be concerned.

Dagair: Well, breeding will tell.
Timov: A bitch like you would know all about breeding.

Mordon: What do you want, Vir?
Vir: I would like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a spike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favours come at too high a price. I would like to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif*little finger wave*. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Mordon?

Mordon: What do you want, Vir?
Vir: I would like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a spike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favours come at too high a price. I would like to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this *little finger wave*. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Mordon?

You know, Celle has a point. This is one of my most favorite quotes in all of B5. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's a moment when you realize that Vir is starting to stand up a bit. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

And one thing I like the most about B5 is how characters are made to evolve . For better, for worse, surprisingly sometimes... but they evolved.

... and the best part is that 3 seasons later Vir got his wish. Thus demonstrating another great thing about B5: a healthy respect for the viewers and their attention span.

True. You simply wouldn't get the joke if you hadn't seen that earlier scene. They did a flashback to it, IIRC, but still. The fun was seeing such an old line finally played out till its end.

Well, unless you count encounters with the dead, it was played out till its end. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Two of my most favorite quotes remain being two that had already been posted prior, and they were by:

Mike G, quoting Crusade -

<font color="#A51F35">Lochley</font color>: "You know what you are?"
<font color="#A51F35">Gideon</font color>: "Ruggedly handsome."
<font color="#A51F35">Lochley</font color>: "A control freak."
<font color="#A51F35">Gideon</font color>: "Can't I be both?"

and

Koshfan, quoting Babylon 5 -

<font color="#A51F35">Garibaldi</font color>: What kind of chief of security would I be if I let people like me know things I'm not supposed to know?"
"I never get involved in my own life. Too complicated."

...but the whole quote goes like this rather:

<font color="#A51F35">VIP Endawi</font color>: "This is quite irregular Mr. Garibaldi, I was assured that Cpt. Sheridan or Cmdr. Ivanova would be available."
<font color="#A51F35">Garibaldi</font color>: "They got called away on urgent business."
<font color="#A51F35">VIP Endawi</font color>: "What kind of business?"
<font color="#A51F35">Garibaldi</font color>: "I'm not authorised for that kind of information."
<font color="#A51F35">VIP Endawi</font color>: "But you're the head of security!"
<font color="#A51F35">Garibaldi</font color>: "And what kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know. I know what I know because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, they don't tell me and I don't let anyone else tell me either, now look... so you'll ask unofficially and I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of security will not report you for doing so."
<font color="#A51F35">VIP Endawi</font color>: "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"
<font color="#A51F35">Garibaldi</font color>: "I try not to get involved with my own life, too much trouble!"

...and another quote from 'Matters of Honor':

<font color="#A51F35">Delenn</font color>: "Listen to me Captain, you don't know what you're dealing with. The weapons on this ship aren't strong enough to hurt a shadow vessel of that size. We must find help."
<font color="#A51F35">Sheridan</font color>: "With all do respect Ambassador, I've heard that before!"

Here's a few more ones:

...two good ones from 'War Without End, Part I':

<font color="#A51F35">Markas</font color>: "Captain. If I were you, I would quit while I was ahead. Back on Minbar, there was a saying among the other rangers. Only way to get a straight answer from Ranger One was to look every reply in a mirror while hanging upside-down from the ceiling."
<font color="#A51F35">Sheridan</font color>: "Did it work?"
<font color="#A51F35">Markas</font color>: "Oddly enough, yes! Or, after a while you passed out and had a vision. Either one, the result was pretty much the same."

and

<font color="#A51F35">Sheridan</font color>: "Delenn, the question of who stole Babylon 4 is the biggest mystery of the last decade. Now you are telling me that it was... me? It's me, it's going to be me? You can't be serious!"
<font color="#A51F35">Delenn</font color>: "John, with Babylon 4 we will be able to save my people and yours. It is history, it's already been done. All we have to do now is make sure that we do it then."

...and no-one has mentioned poor old Zathras, so from 'War Without End, PartII':

<font color="#A51F35">Zathras</font color>: "Carry this, Zathras. Fix this, Zathras. Poor Zathras, no-one listen... to Zathras, but no-one..."

and this must be one of thé most important moments

<font color="#A51F35">Sinclair/Valen</font color>: "I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."

"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."

You know, you outdid all of us with that quote alone. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I actually teared up just reading it. It really is the best little "surprise" I've ever seen in ANY series, bar none. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

That was my sig for a while there when I first got this avatar. That's a great scene and one of my favorites of the entire series. A fitting farewell to my favorite character. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Your avatar serves as a constant memorial to that magnificent plot twist, too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now THAT'S class! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I think the whole of '<font color="#A51F35">War Without End</font color>' as a story came to us all as an unexpected shock, we weren't prepared for <font color="#A51F35">JMS</font color> dropping a bombshell on us in the middle of a season like he did! It was one of those moments where one would go, "<insert_jawdrop>Ooooookay... sure, that works... COOL, but ahmmm... can you run that by me a couple of more times...</insert_jawdrop>

Surprise was the element of success! We all knew that somewhere a long the line we were to encounter the conclusion to the story premise that was created in season 1's '<font color="#A51F35">Babylon Squared</font color>', esspecially with <font color="#A51F35">JMS</font color> being BIG on continuity and all like he is! But we all expected the conclusion to be much sooner than later, and the further away we moved from season 1 and in particular '<font color="#A51F35">Babylon Squared</font color>', the more our minds became at ease and then... <font color="#A51F35">BOOM</font color>! Not only did we receive a conclusion to this long awaited storyline, but our eyes were opened to one of the main <font color="#A51F35">B5</font color> foundation story archs... and that, was a great moment!

I always had a soft spot for <font color="#A51F35">Sinclair</font color> within me... and after having seen him in the light of irony in having been one of the most important characters within the <font color="#A51F35">B5</font color> universe even though the actor's role was so small... somehow made <font color="#A51F35">Sinclair</font color> complete!

Ah, yes, poor Zathras. No one ever remembers poor Zathras. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, yes, Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry.

No one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes.

Another favorite, from another favorite character:

My life is almost over. My world, all I hoped for, gone. You two are my last chance, for this place, for my people, for my own redemption. There is a ship, hidden behind the palace, my guard will take you there. In exchange for your lives, all I ask is that you and your allies help to free my people. I can do nothing more for them.

Of course Londo is wrong. For his people, and for his own redemption, there is one more thing that he can do, indeed must do if Sheridan and Delenn are to escape and save the Centauri: Face his greatest fear, his death at the hands of a Narn, by asking his old friend G'Kar to put an end to it all.

Regards,

Joe

Back