• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Simpsons Movie

GKarsEye

Regular
If anyone is hesitant about seeing The Simpsons Movie because show has lost the brilliance it had in its glory days, don't worry: the movie is freakin' hilarious, from beginning to end. It's a must-see for any Simpsons fan, even those of us who stopped watching a long time ago.

OK I'll have to go see it. You hit the nail on the head. I stopped watching the Simpsons years ago...after Season 7 or so, because it started becoming its own joke IMO. I had no interest in the movie because of this. Maybe I'll check it out. I still think it came about 10 years too late though.

I have been contemplating if I want to go and see it or not. I grew bored of the show a long, long time ago, but if it really beats the crap out of recent episodes .. it's about time that I go and see a movie in the cinema that doesn't actually suck.

Its like an extra long episode from back when the show was really really funny, before the chief writer dude whose name I cannot spell started doing Futurarma. Its easily as good as the Who Shot Mr Burns and X-Files episodes.

That and Transformers have made my summer movie experience complete.

OK I'll have to go see it. You hit the nail on the head. I stopped watching the Simpsons years ago...after Season 7 or so, because it started becoming its own joke IMO. I had no interest in the movie because of this. Maybe I'll check it out. I still think it came about 10 years too late though.

I hear ya. That last genius episode of the Simpsons I remember is the Lollapalooza spoof with The Smashing Pumpkings ("Homer Simpson, smiling politely"), Peter Frampton ("I got that pig at a Pink Floyd yard sale!"), Sonic Youth, and Cypress Hill.

I was impressed at how the movie manages to give every character a shining moment or two. Moe, Itchy and Scratchy, Otto, the Wiggums, Comic Book Guy, et al- all very very funny stuff.

Also, lots of making fun of the government, and also religion and Fox.

I liked the movie. It went pretty much as I expected it too. They left out Snowball the cat? What was up with that. Supposedly Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz (both characters were retired after Phil Hartman was killed) were in the background somewhere, but I never found them. Like GKE said, most of the characters had their moments.

Kind of a spoiler below:
I can't believe they showed Bart's cock and balls! I totally wasn't expecting that.

Saw this the other day. The first movie I've seen in the movie theatre in .. years .. that didn't suck. HA! The spell is broken!

Back