• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 novels and graphic novels

Arguments on newsgroups makes good Internet drama, but bad business practice.

Mongoose's argument is quite compelling, given their restricted market. 10% is a much more reasonable amount. In order to keep the flame of B5 alive, I hope an agreement can be reached.

Given Joes' recent experiences with UK business over the B5 movie, I can kind of imagine why he is a bit shaky about it though.

Edit:

It occurs to me that he could write the introduction, maybe give them a couple of story ideas but get someone else to do all the proofing and checking, I can think of two or three folk on this site along with the nouse to do that... Cuts down on his workload?

Arguments on newsgroups makes good Internet drama, but bad business practice.

According to a message Mr. Sprange posted on the Mongoose forum, they're talking again. IMO, his rebuttal was done well-in public because what JMS said was public and now taken to private conversation between professionals.

With luck, it'll make for a better product. Then all we USians will have to do is figure out how to get copies over on this side of the pond. ;)

Jan

Then all we USians will have to do is figure out how to get copies over on this side of the pond. ;)

Maybe us in the UK will have to buy extra copies and have you slug it out on Ebay. :D

Or we might just have a private sale.

I know this isn't much but Matt Sprague just posted this over at Mongoose forums .Take it as you will.

We'll make a big announcement of this later. However, as a sneak peek to the forthcoming novel range, I have just spent the afternoon discussing plot lines with one of the novelists - a certain Miss Claudia Christian. We have a cracking story from her planned and I, for one, can't wait to see it in print!

That sounds pretty nice to me. Although, on the other hand, how much liability Miss Christian has in these things? I mean, what does she actually knows about these things?

And RW, happy birthday!

And how good a writer is she ... has she actually written anything like this before?

On the basis of her music (and as a songwriter myself) I have to say I didn't think much of her songwriting.

That sounds pretty nice to me. Although, on the other hand, how much liability Miss Christian has in these things? I mean, what does she actually knows about these things?

And RW, happy birthday!

Liability? :confused:

Qualifications? We don't need no stinking qualifications! :rolleyes: Now, I'm reminded of the Londo quote about Vir becomming Emperor. ....Even a small Earth cat can write B5 novels. Sheesh!

Canon, well I guess we don't need that either. Grrrr! :mad: (not at you GeoKuutio, but rather at the whole non-canon, non-JMS outlined situation). It's almost as if Warner Brothers will let anybody do B5 except JMS. Anybody with licensing money, come on down! as in we (meaning WB) don't care about product, only about money.

Happy Birthday RW.

Hm, I hope that this doesn't mean JMS couldn't be brought into the fold, and they think that Claudia Christian is a viable substitute. I have no idea of Claudia's writing skills, so not knocking her, but, for more B5, I would like it to be Canon. If JMS can't be brought into the fold, because a deal couldn't be struck, I would prefer to see one of the authors who have already given us good B5 books, I think.

Thanks to the both of you for the birthday wishes. :)

I don't care if it's not JMS doing the writing. If it's B5, I'll probably love it. :LOL:

I'd say if was a safe bet since it was announced in the B5 Novels & Graphic Novels by Mongoose thread on the Mongoose site.

Or do you know of other novels they produce?

Jan

The comment was made by Matt Sprague in the Babylon 5 forum in the babylon 5 novels thread line which was going on to be 7 pages in length.If it was not about Babylon 5 it would not be there.I sound like a broken record but really and even if I am proven wrong and it turns out to be something other than a B5 novel I will be surprised.

And how good a writer is she ... has she actually written anything like this before?

On the basis of her music (and as a songwriter myself) I have to say I didn't think much of her songwriting.

I disagree. Some of her music is not bad! The song "Taboo" is a good one.

Back