• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

just saw it... my thoughts

jnk5y

Regular
Spoilers Below...........Well maybe not but precautions none the less

Well actually haven't seen the last 20 minutes of it but i have a good idea of it. I like the cast a lot. The captain and the first officer are great together. There is a lot of room for letting them grow as people in a series.

i have a few questions. Sorry if they have already been discussed but i haven't been reading this area of the messageboard.
If the hand are so old why can't they slice open a ship like butter like the shadows can? Why did the valen not fire any weapons? and why do the rangers have new uniforms? I liked the robes they had on B5.
Anyway for what it's worth i liked the movie. I think it looked really sharp. Crossing my fingers for a series.

------------------

[This message has been edited by jnk5y (edited February 10, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jnk5y:

i have a few questions. Sorry if they have already been discussed but i haven't been reading this area of the messageboard.
If the hand are so old why can't they slice open a ship like butter like the shadows can? Why did the valen not fire any weapons? and why do the rangers have new uniforms? I liked the robes they had on B5.
Anyway for what it's worth i liked the movie. I think it looked really sharp. Crossing my fingers for a series.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Those were not Hand ships proper, as stated in the movie, they were only Toys for races who joined the hand. They're not even close to what the Hand's ships are capable of, according to the movie and JMS.
2. JMS said that since the Valen was attacked so suddenly, they'd basically gotten their weapons shot out in the first volly. What can I say, crappy ship.
3. I donnno....both look ok to me. They probably have more movement in the new ones though.

------------------
It's like I've always said, you can get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 than you can with just a kind word.

Latest posts

Members online

Back