• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Batman and Robin return to the batcave

jnk5y

Regular
Wow I thought it would be stupid, well it was but it was stupid fun. I thought it kept in the spirit of the original show how they didn't take themselves seriously. It was also very informative. Who knew Burt Ward was well endowed?

All in all a fitting tribute to the caped crusaders old chum.

I only saw part of it (9:00PM-10:00PM), due to so much other stuff being on Sunday nights, e.g.:

The Pentagon Papers,
Dragnet,
Boomtown, and
The Dead Zone.

..but what I saw of Back to the Batcave, I liked.

My watching/recording for the night looked like a football play.
shocked.gif

The Pentagon Papers, 8:00PM-10:00PM, FX62
Becker, 8:30PM-9:00PM, CBS
Dragnet, 10:00PM-11:00PM, ABC
Boomtown, 10:00PM-11:00PM, NBC
Stargate SG-1, 11:00PM-12:00 Midnight, UPN
The Dead Zone, 12:00 Midnight-1:00AM, USA

I caught bits and pieces of it last night and was like, "What the hell is this??" I laughed at what I saw but I couldn't convince my wife to let me watch it.

SHOW TITLE: "Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt"
CATEGORY: Comedy
SYNOPSIS: Adam West and Burt Ward uncover a plot to steal the original Batmobile from a benefit.
DATE / TIME: March 9: 9:00PM -11PM
RATING: NR
NOTES: English
STARRING: Adam West. Burt Ward, Frank Gorshin, Lee Meriwether, Julie Newmar.

It was campy, but it wasn't bad camp (like Black Scorpion).

Oh god, a -two- hour movie with Adam and Burt as the dynamic duo once again? Now, I loved Batman when I was younger (it was campy and silly -- POW! YOWZA! BIFF!) but not sure I could take that much of them now.
laugh.gif

Thank goodness for the TiVo from saving me from the adverts for that program. Either that, or its because I haven't watched Sunday's programming yet that I don't have a clue about this movie.

It wasn't bad though.
smile.gif
They kind of made fun of themselves, showed it from the actor's perspectives, and got into some of the behind the scenes stuff that went on at the time. I found it a lot easier to take than any of the current reality shows.

Hmm, but that isn't really saying much now is it?
tongue.gif

Hey, who knows ... maybe the TiVo recorded it for me (although it does sound like it would have conflicted with something I watch on Sundays).

Back