• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sheridon and Delenn

I'm not as clued up as the rest of you guys with regards to episode names , numbers, etc but the scene that touched me the most was one of the battles with the shadows and they are winning the battle but are sustaining heavy losses. They win in the end and Delenn and Sheridan just stand on the bridge in each others arms.
JMS is the king of the bitter-sweet continuum!

That's a good one. I believe it is from season 3's "Shadow Dancing." /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif That one gets to me too.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RW7427:
<font color=yellow>That's a good one. I believe it is from season 3's "Shadow Dancing." /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif That one gets to me too.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Amongst many /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I know this is off topic but everytime I see the title of this thread I picture a prehistoric beast. "The Sheridon died out in one million B.C. but thanks to these tar pits we have an almost perfect specimen."

I think most instances like in Shadow Dancing where music takes over in a battle and things like dialogue are left out were effective in the series.

Especially when you watch the credits sequence. The music plays while ships are getting destroyed. Action sequences taking place without the benefit of huge sound effects. Simply the theme music.
Excellent!

Valen's prophecies were from what he actually knew. He did know about Delenn's "change" and that she had allied herself with Sheridan. He could see that they cared about each other from scenes in War Without End. However at that point he left and went back in time so anything else had to be guesswork.

We are never actually told what Delenn knew from the prophecies but she obviously took it as her responsibility to try and make them come true. I don't think either Sheridan or Delenn expected to fall in love with each other. I think it just happened.

Actually sinclair did know about Delenns change. Remember he was Ranger one before he went back in time. I think he may have suspected that the were genuinely fond of each other.

who cares about this ?????

sheridan is a character so is delenn

god i feel so sorry for bruce and mira to put up with people like you ?????????????????

If noone cares about all this, why the hell are you posting in this thread?

You're diminishing one of Babylon 5's true strenghts: It gave the characters a life of their own.
And if you really feel sorry for Mira and Bruce that they have to put up with fans who see Babylon 5 and its characters as more than just a TV show I can advise you one thing: RESEARCH. Read their interviews, Read articles they wrote, read transcripts from convention. Both of them feel deeply for the characters they portrayed. Both of them share the opinion that the characters where given a life of their own. They wouldn't be annoyed by people who feel the way superbob does. They'd feel honored.

Beserker my man, take what Dr Gonzo says to heaart. Don't feed the trolls. Don't worry I think you know that there are enough of us on this board that agree with you about the true meaning behind B5. Understanding this helps give a new perspective on life. Understanding the concept behind sci-fi, fantasy, fiction is what helps one understand reality! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Back