• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Captain Sheridan's Finest Hour

Re: Captain Sheridan\'s Finest Hour

Just so there's some dissent...she's too skinny and too blonde.

:D

This thread certainly went in a direction I didn't expect. I'm glad that Sheridan didn't succumb to temptation, because I believe it would be both morally and ethically wrong. An intimate or sexual relationship with the political officer, even though technically an adviser, would probably be contrary to military regulations that prohibit improper relationships in government service, on the same basis that it would have been illegal for Sheridan to have an affair with Ivanova.

Giving into the temptation would also have cheapened his comments to his sister about his continued grief for his wife and his rhetoric to Delenn about having to fight off love for Anna in order to fall in love with Delenn. If Sheridan could so easily be led astray, he would not be a husband that Delenn could trust and would be in a position to be blackmailed later, possibly compromising his integrity as leader of the Interstellar Alliance. Immoral and unethical behavior can have long-lasting consequences. I realize a lot of people seem able to separate the issue of morality from an office holder's official duties (witness the toleration of President Clinton), but that still doesn't make it right. While Sheridan had his faults, I'm glad that JMS made him a man of character.

QMCO5

definitely. Given JMS' attraction to killing main characters, comming genocide, backstabbing friends, etc etc, I'm a little surprised he didn't take up her offer.

However, if he did, it would have immensely complicated the story and I would have real problems believing a Delenn/Sheridan relationship. "Delenn Deserves Better" would definitely come to mind.

The thought of how Sheridan didn't sucumb to easy sexual situations in Babylon 5 contrasts so greatly to me with how Dylan Hunt does in Andromeda. He started out being a man who lost his world, including his fiance, and has become the frat-boy kind of guy who has sex with anything decent looking that comes across his path.

To me, the quality of Babylon 5 is so easily apparent compared to how much utter crap is on television these days.

Just my two cents.

No way in hell I wouldn't have tapped that.I would have reasoned shagging her as doing my duty to the Amry of Light. :D

Holy resurrected thread Batman!

heh. just registered here a day ago. i'm bored so im going through all of the past topics... :D

:cool:

There are differing opinions on this subject, Skyace, but I'd like to say:

:cool:

There is nothing wrong, in my humble opinion, about bringing old topics to the surface.

hee hee, gives some of us late comers a chance of actually answering them. ;)

:D

Are we sure he did not nail her in the interests of goodness?

Pretty sure. Didn't she tell Zack she was impressed by the numerous ways Sheridan came up with to say "no"?

Pretty sure. Didn't she tell Zack she was impressed by the numerous ways Sheridan came up with to say "no"?
She was the pretty face of a trap. Having sex with her would have destroyed Sheridan's career.

One of the duties of a manager is to judge fairly the behaviour and policy suggestions of his people. Mistresses and wives do not accept fairness, they demand special privileges in return for sex.

Departments can frequently survive a man having sex with his secretary (she leaves with him) but are badly damaged by him having sex with his deputy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back