• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Never heard of this series

crazyhorse

Anarchist
Being abroad and stuff but having read through a lot of this I think I want too.Think I might download a few and see how they are.Still reading through the posts here and finding my way about.You lot do know your stuff,pity half the links don't work :LOL:
Another unfinished one though :mad:

Jeremiah is very much worth seeing. The first season is a little uneven because (IMO) the Sam Egan episodes are okay but somewhat obvious. The second season is shorter but JMS wrote all but two of them. The first season is out on DVD but not the second.

As for it being unfinished, yes...but. Knowing he wouldn't be returning, JMS pulled off an amazingly satisfying final episode. There still would have been things for a new show runner to play with but the main thrust to that season is both a cliffhanger and a conclusion.

Check it out.

Jan

I would also recommend giving it a go. I agree 100% with what Jan says so I won't repeat it. Season 1 takes a while to build up but stick with it until "Firewall" - it's the first pivotal moment of the series and, in true JMS style, it is excelent.

Season 2 is MUCH better than S1 and you will not be dissapointed by the way it end's :)

I've not been able to find anything on this to watch :(
I've heard of this show on this site for a long time. However, I don't mean to sound ignorant but I have never scene this advertised on any cable channel, is this sci-fi or drama? I would love to rent season one if it is out on dvd for rent at Hollywood video?

It's more sci-fi than drama. It's set in the not-too-distant future where a plague wipes out everyone that has gone through puberty or was going through puberty. The childeren are forced to grow up in a world without adults and as a result, have to relearn technologies and secrets of living that would have ordinarily been passed down from generation to generation. The kids are now "adults" and have been thrown back about 100 to 150 years in technology i.e. cars, electricity. All the comforts we take for granted.
I would say that it is a cross between Stephen king's "The Stand" and "Mad Max" or maybe I am just showing my age here :D

Definitely worth watching but it is only available in zone 1 DVD.

Definitely worth watching but it is only available in zone 1 DVD.

What's a zone 1 DVd? :confused:

Oh yeah and I have a whole slue of questions about abbreviations, now I know that LOTR= Legend of the Rangers, TLT= Babylon 5 'Lost Tails',
and I think VitD= Video tech Digital. :rolleyes: But what the heck is:
NTSC effects, TOS, TLaDiS, TMOS..... Hmmmmm. I know that one is a abandon attempt at a B-5 movie but I forgot the name. A little help here would be hot. ;) (If this is already posted in a most common questions, sorry for my laziness in not checking first). :eek: Don't be mad, :mad: get glad :D.

What's a zone 1 DVd? :confused:

For "Zone 1" read "Region 1", i.e. available for use in USA and Canada. Standard DVD players are encoded to read discs produced in a particular regions, so 1 is as stated, 2 is the UK, Europe and a few other places, 4 is Australia, New Zealand and so on. Basically an attempt to protect the distributors.

Oh yeah and I have a whole slue of questions about abbreviations, now I know that LOTR= Legend of the Rangers, TLT= Babylon 5 'Lost Tails',
and I think VitD= Video tech Digital. :rolleyes: But what the heck is:
NTSC effects

NTSC is the standard format for television in the USA, as opposed to PAL, which is the UK equivalent (for example). Differing numbers of rows of 'pixels' and frame rate are the two main differences I believe.

The Original Series

To Live and Die in Starlight - the episode title of the Legend of the Rangers pilot.

TMOS I know that one is a abandon attempt at a B-5 movie but I forgot the name.

The Memory of Shadows.

Sorry, but I gotta pick a nit.

[grammar police]

for the one said:
TLT= Babylon 5 'Lost Tails'

It's "The Lost Tales".

A tail is something a dog wags. A tale is a story that's told.

[/police]

crazyhorse said:
That should be;

Are you saying I should have used a semicolon? Yes, it would have been grammatically advanced for me to have used one; however, I don't see it as a grammatical necessity, as its use in this instance would be one of stylistic choice and not of grammatical correctness.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I gotta pick a nit.

[grammar police]

It's "The Lost Tales".

Yip, I noticed that to but I was rushing :eek: not to mention I have already had to edit over half my posts because I am such a aweful speller. I'll attempt to proof read better in the future.... so there. :p Hee hee. What's a pick a nit is that simular to a nit pick or a picnic? TOMAYTOES or TOMAATOES (the pronunciation in this case not the spelling)? Hee hee...

Last edited:
Back