• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Middle of January my a$$

Recoil

Regular
Initially he said middle to late January for an announcement. Then a "few more weeks." Its the freakin middle of MARCH and we haven't heard JACK! Anyone else getting bent?

:)

"The the fullness of time, Mr. Garibaldi."

"Patience is also a weapon when use correctly."

UGH, yeah, I'm getting more and more anxious too. Checking this site and JMSnews about 5 times a day...

-Tim

You want tricks? This one isn't a trick - in fact, it's creepy as all get-out after 9/11. Open a new word document. Type in NYC. Highlight the letters, and change the font to wingdings and see the result. You will really question the concept of coincidence.

You want tricks? This one isn't a trick - in fact, it's creepy as all get-out after 9/11. Open a new word document. Type in NYC. Highlight the letters, and change the font to wingdings and see the result. You will really question the concept of coincidence.

That is seriously screwed up.

Ok, this was definetely THE trick. Kinda creepy actually. So, do you think that this is coincidence or what? Because, well, to me it feels like coincidence.

Back when it was 'the middle of january', I remember feeling kinda excited about a new babylon 5 project. But now.... Ah well, my patience is infinite...but since the universe is curved the infinite sooner or later comes back to itself.
(did I just pull that one off, or messed it up?)

But anyway, I'm not one of the hardcore 'JMS owes it to me to reveal what this new project is' sort of fanboys....
(trust me, these people are out there, there's no end to the number of people who also reckon' Gearge Lucas owes them the original trilogy on DVD)
...but I'm feeling a tad...dissapointed right now.

...but I'm feeling a tad...dissapointed right now.

You've got to understand that there's protocol involved and JMS *mustn't* say anything until the official announcement is made by the people who hold the purse strings.

And from his last post, he's almost as frustrated as we are by the whole situation.

Jan

(trust me, these people are out there, there's no end to the number of people who also reckon' Gearge Lucas owes them the original trilogy on DVD)

Freaking right he owes his fans the original trilogy on DVD instead of the directors cut crap that'll be out instead.

Freaking right he owes his fans the original trilogy on DVD instead of the directors cut crap that'll be out instead.
hehe ...

I would stop short of saying that GL "owes" the fans the original trilogy on DVD but, for me, SW began a downward spiral with the Special Editions that has continued through Eps 1 and 2. I watched all three of the OT filme at least 4 times each at the cinema and have owned them on (now badly worn) VHS for years. I'd better look after it, hadn't I?

I saw the ANH and ESB Special Editions at the cinema and most of the "enhancements" left me completely cold - although the new Death Star explosion was an improvement. Didn't even bother with RotJ as it was always my least favourite of the three and I didn't hold out much hope for the SE given the first two.

The words "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" spring to mind.

Conversely, like Ridley Scott's Director's Cut of Blade Runner, JMS' decision to make a Special Edition of The Gathering gave us a massively improved movie with tighter story, better (much better) music, better pace etc., and overall was a more than worthy addition to the B5 universe.

JMS has quoted an old saying a number of times - "Art is never completed, only abandoned". GL would do well to take that on board.

wow, there's a lot of anger in this thread (and this forum, indeed the whole B5 community seems to be on somthing of a knife edge these days), and who better to direct it at than old GL himself!!! That despoiler of our childhoods with his terrible prequels (etc. etc.)
Its a shame we can't see the original ep4-6 on DVD, but at the end of the day, it is down to GL to do what he wants, after all it is his Intellectual property (careful now, no more legal arguments please :devil:.)
I still think they will surface eventually, this will not by any streatch be the last DVD release we will have of Star Wars.
Are we owed them?? Its not such a bad argument, i've helped to keep the fires burning at Skywalker ranch for many years with all the video games, t-shirts, plastic figures etc that i brought before i decided to give it a rest. Maybe he should give somthing back for the fans. To put it more coldly, if there is a market demand for the product, surely the market should provide. Thats capitalism baby!

And GL is certianly one hell of a capitalist. He's still not such a bad film maker either, despite what some people say these days... ;)

Back