• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Season 2 Premiere tonight at 9pm

Are we still posting spoiler alerts?

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Just in case...what struck me was how long the tunnels and the hatch had been there. If you look, most of the equipment seems to date from the 70's. The record player, the computer, the tape backup, etc. If Jack met the guy in the hatch before, how did he get there? And I was wondering as well, why would QUARENTINE be written on the inside? The entire hatch seemed to be made to only open from the inside. So far I'm intrigued and sucked in already. But I figured they wouldnt show anything to do with the raft right away.

Are we still posting spoiler alerts?

I would suggest anything regarding Lost S2 should have spoiler warnings where appropriate, since most of us outside the US are nowhere near seeing that yet - in the UK we have just had Ep9, where Rousseau appears for the first time.

I am a bit of a spoiler junkie myself, but unlike B5, the US is so far ahead that I am likely to have forgotten everything I have read here by the time these eps actually get to us ...

:D

What I'm worried about is that they will just show the raft next week and thus won't show anything of what happens on the island after this :D

I believe next week, will pick up the raft folks, and be in the same time frame for them, that we just saw for the island folks in episode 1, and then episode 3 will reveal more hatch stuff, not sure if it will be more raftees as well or if we're going to rotate episodes until everyone is reunited.

Season 1 Finale spoiler

Can't leave poor Sawyer out there in the ocean with a bullet
in his shoulder forever, you know.

Roussau's genetic mirror theory

While that explaination was interesting to read I couldn't help but think that was all put together by some Lost fan somewhere as a way to make a theory to fit some of the facts of the show. First off this French Mathematician's last name was Roussau --- same as the French woman Danielle. All the numbers of the show fitting into things was a bit too perfect.

Now while I'm saying the theory itself may not exist in the real world as you stated, that is not to say that the writers of the show don't intend to have that be part of the theory of Lost. They can make up some scientific explainations for whatever they want, and this might just be one of them.

Personally though, I think that was just a fan having some fun.

One thing I hadn't noticed the first time was that the leader of the "Others" was veteran bad guy Don Straud, who had two guest appearances on Babylon 5 (as the Brakiri trainer in "TKO" and Boggs, the scarred nightwatch mercenary in "Ceremonies of Light and Dark".

Also, sorry about the 8:00 correction. My mistake. But I did it out of love. :D

I was just about to ask about that. It seems to be the same logo that is on all the supplies, and I believe on Desmond's jacket as well.

I was glad to see Jin wasn't dead. It really bummed me out when he was nowhere to be found.

So, a prgram was executed using the numbers on an early Mac (It was Mac, right? Early PC OS still have the drive designations?) and it set a counter to 108 (the numbers added together) minutes(?) and Jack was ready to execute again and Locke told advised him against it.

It was neat last week to see the meeting with Jack and Desmond, and then rewind a bit last night to fill in the Locke and Kate details. These first three episodes are talked about altogether in the same hushed tones from official sources, so I'm guessing next week (apparently Michelle Rodrigues is finally introduced in story time, not just in flashback) will be a similar style.

All this stuff about luck and numbers... reminded me of a silly parallel: the game Locke demonstrated to a kid in the toy shop (first season episode). Mouse Trap, or what was the game called?

Winner is... who builds the longest working chain of causality? I sense a parallel with the numbers and luck stuff.

But I can't place it exactly.

So far I'm enjoying the new season. I kind of like the fact that the last two episodes pretty much take place at the exact same time as one another. Seems they still have no problem leaving us hanging, and that could make for another long season. I watched the entire first season again on DVD just prior to the beginning of this season and it's amazing how all the little things come together and I caught more things watching episodes back to back.

The previews show us, tonight is the night we've been waiting for, as far as meeting a new character, who we got a glimpse of in the finale.

It's my understanding that for all intents and purposes the first 3 episodes are a two parter (Eps 1 and 2 provide different perspectives on Part 1, and Ep 3 is part 2 of the Hatch reveal). They've been keeping an extremely tight lid on spoilers for the first 3.

What is 108 hours countdown for?
"Are you Him?" is probably Hurley, but, why is Desmond waiting for "him".
Oh, a show insider, who plants clues/questions on the official ABC board, said Season 2 is not the first time we've seen the logo, but, it's the most obvious. So, somewhere in season 1, they apparently slipped in the logo. One person suggested it was on the polar Bear's tongue in Special. Other guesses have been Danielle's jacket, Mr Paik's computer screen, and The farmer's pantry in Kate's first episode.

Spoilers for episode 3
I think last night's episode just confused me even more. Why was Ana -Lucia working with the 'Others'? What was the point of throwing her into the pit with Michael, Sawyer and Jin? Was it just to find out who they were and why they were there? You'd think that having survived a plane crash she'd be grateful to see other survivors.

As for Desmond and the hatch that's still a little confusing too. I'm assuming that when he asked if Jack was 'him', he may have meant the replacement for Kelvin as the video stated that it was a two person job. And just where the hell does he think he's going, just wandering off into the jungle like that?

All in all it was a pretty cool episode, but as usual it left more questions than answers.

I don't think those were Danielle's "Others" that Ana Lucia was with, I think it was her section's survivors, (or perhaps different "other people") and they didn't get lucky enough to hold together as well as the middle section's survivors. Because their 44 days on the island has been so rough, they were even more untrusting than Jack's group. But honetly, look at the Jack reacted with Desmond. Was it much better? True Desmond had a gun to Locke's head, and Kate locked up, but, still...

The worst thing is that we may not even know what's really going on until this season's finale, if then. They're great at leaving us hanging.

I doubt they have "The sickness", although they not be especially healthy, especially if there's no Dr with them.

Season 1 was 44 Days, Season 2, episodes 1-3 comprise about a 6 hour period (according to pre-airing spoilers) immediately following Season 1 finale, so, at best they have been there for 45 days. Danielle said the sickness took about 2 months, so, it's likely the incubation period is not passed yet.

Episode 3 didn't do anything particular for me. The whole "enter the numbers into the computer because someone has always been doing it" thing I thought was pretty gay.

I'm more looking forward to next week because they flashed one of the most interesting preview clips that Ive seen since watching the show:

Jin saying "Things are changing" ---- in English! Gotta know whats up with that!

Back