• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost - 2 Hour Pre-Finale (Spoilers)

Recoil

Regular
This was damn good.

We finally get some answers, more questions yes, but some solid answers.

I think that while they have kept that jungle beast a secret and you never see it, you now have the jist of what it is. Seeing that 1600s ship inland was very cool --- and creepy. I think its a sign of just how long weird things have been happening on that island.

One minor disappointment --- Neither Danielle nor Hurley noticed the numbers on the hatch.

But the highlights were all the character moments IMO.

My favorite: Jack / Sawyer scene. Perfect scene, well acted, and well executed. It was a great moment for both characters.

I also liked seeing Sawyer get involved and really pitch in.

Jin/Sun moment was very nice also.

A lot of good things came from this, can't wait for the finale and to see where this is starting to lead...

The numbers are meant to be dealt with in the final 10 minutes of next week's episode, so, that'll proably be part of the cliffhanger for Hurley to notice the numbers.

Sun and Jin was heart breaking.

Regarding Sawyer and Jack, when they said someone was dying (which turned out to be Boone) I had envisioned it would be Sawyer, and the talk he and Jack had last night would be sawyer's death scene (guess I was off on that guess in both regards)

Mira Furlan was listed in the opening credits, rather than guest starrring, will she be a season 2 regular (crosses fingers). Michelle Rodriguez also is listed in the opening credits now. Michelle's character Ana Lucia said she was in row 42, so is that in the tail section of the plane? Jack and Rose were sitting in row 28, I believe. So, if someone from the tail section is a regular next season, does that mean we will find the tail section passengers alive? Rose is certain her husband who was in the tail section bathroom, is still alive.

Next week, the second hour of the episode will be commercial free.

I really liked this episode. I think my favorite scene was the Jack/Sawyer one. It goes to show that Sawyer does have a heart.

I really hated how Danielle was being so cryptic. It's like she's a Vorlon. Why won't she elaborate on 'them' and 'the security system'.

I've been wondering where Rose has been. She hasn't shown up in a while.

That's awesome that the second hour next week will be commercial free. I have a feeling it will be one of the best episodes of the season.

does that mean we will find the tail section passengers alive?

I kind of wondered about that. Having Michelle Rodriguez in just that little scene seemed weird. We may come across her again...and Rose's husband.

It was the first time Sawyer didn't annoy me actually. He was very tiresome, but it's nice to see him do something different.

Michelle Rodriguez was in it?! How did I miss that? I can't even remember who she was, can someone elaborate please?

People at one of the Lost sites have been talking about Danielle (Mira Furlan). I told them that they should check out Babylon 5 on DVD, since she is in it. :D

Maybe B5 will get some new fans.

Tammy

I thought Jack didn't quite pull off the emotional reaction in his scene with Sawyer. Close, but his abilities were holding him back. Daniel Dae Kim, on the other hand, batted it out of the park. Excellent, and long overdue at that.

When Boone got on the radio and said they were the survivors of Flight 915, the response on the radio was WE'RE the survivors of Flight 915. So expect folks from the back of the plane next season.

The Black Rock. Very clever. Never for a moment did I expect anything that didn't in some way resemble a black rock.

When Boone got on the radio and said they were the survivors of Flight 915, the response on the radio was WE'RE the survivors of Flight 915. So expect folks from the back of the plane next season.
Are you sure thats what he said? I didn't really hear what the person on the other end said...

The reply to Boone is hotly contested, the Powers that be may even have changed it to make it so contested. The original airing in Dues Ex Machina seemed to say it one way, and the Recap special seemed to say it the other way. A few people even believe it was Boone who replied to Boone's hail through some sorta time warp or dimensional thing-a-ma-jig.

People are pointing at Closed Captioning as proof for their side, but, Closed Captioning is only as accurate as what they are told, so also not an exact science.

I do expect to see back of the plane survivors, personally, and have since before Boone got the reply. Michelle Rodrigues' character Ana Lucia actually stated she was in the back of the plane (I thought at first she only mentioned her row, but watching the episode again she does indeed say she is sitting in the back of the plane)

Are you sure thats what he said? I didn't really hear what the person on the other end said...

I didn't hear a word of it when I saw the episode, but that's what the official site says. They've posted audio files of it on the Internet somewhere.

Well this is apparently a clarification from Damon Lindeloff in TV Guide (I haven't seen the actual TV guide, someone else posted this, so I can't vouch for it's accuracy)

The words of Lindelof...

"...I'd like to set the record straight: The promos were wrong. The words that Boone heard are definitely, "We're the survivors of Flight 815." That's also what Boone said, so it's up to the extrapolation as to whether or not his own words were being bounced back to him. Or is that transmission coming from somebody else claiming to be a survivor of Flight 815?"

Finally saw it too.

Neat story... and so many interesting details. The Black Rock? So was it... the real name of the old ship... or a name attributed via resemblance?

The "security system"? It really sounds... like an authentic, real... fairly massive droid. It also seems either poorly capable of noticing people (which would mean it isn't an extremely hi-tech system)... or simply not interested in people.

And finally... if there *is* a droid walking about on the island... how did it get there? What agenda does it have? Does it relate to the hatch? To the "others"? Does it have a purpose of its own? Does it relate to the various wrecks and crashes... or it too a casualty of some greater accident?

Curious story... I notably like this story.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back