• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HEROES / VILIANS (Spoilers Welcome)

Demonn

Regular
It's about that time everyone... I hope Peter gets into some decent action this Season. & lets hope he doesn't lose another girlfriend in the future. I hate when that happens. :p

I hope Nikki is alive...

& I hope that Nathan lives... if he doesn't..... Peter better catch the guy who shot him. & it better not be Noah.

Spoiler for :
I heard Nathan lives from numerous sources.

I cannot wait. I'm not sure I'll jive on the whole "Claire going the dark path" story, though. Sounds weak to me.

I never fell in love with this show but I did manage through the first two seasons. The whole thing is quite silly but the fast pace and the female eye-candy makes it a pleasant enough distraction. The trailors for the new season look incredibly corny. Supposedly they are adding even more magical people to the show, as if the couple dozen we have aren't enough. I expect this to get pretty bad, but in a funny/entertaining way.

Will record it and the Monday night football game at the same time and jump back and forth. I wonder who will fail harder, the writers of Heroes or the NY Jets?

Well, the season premier left me with a very post-Lost feeling of not knowing what the hell is going on. I wonder if there is any actual plot, or is everything written to be nothing but a progression of "Ooo" moments.

I only caught the first one. I had it recording and didn't realize it was two episodes tonight.

First thoughts. It's disjointed.

What happened to Michah's cousin there (with Nikki?)

They're glossing over stuff too quickly. What is Mama Petrelli's power again? Dreams?

Nathan = Lazarus is kind of weird to me. I like the old, cheating, swarthy Nathan.

Sylar felt blah, though he was the best part of the first episode. Loved the line about eating the brains: "Claire, that's disgusting."

They didn't address enough with loose ends that need to be tied up.

Hiro still hasn't taken things seriously? This again?

Level 5 looks cool.

Will see if Episode 2 is on the official/main website tomorrow.

There is too much happening that's thrown at us for an "O, Henry!" moment, without any real sense of risk, potential loss or emotion. Hiro going into the future to see Ando killing him with powers. It felt vapid and empty.

Nice seeing Sheridan has been reincarnated into a dirty old governor who has some kind of slick agenda.

Last edited:
First thoughts. It's disjointed.

I agree; the episodes felt really scattershot.

What happened to Michah's cousin there (with Nikki?)

No idea; they didn't show anything. I haven't gone looking for information about this coming season, but is she even coming back this season?

They're glossing over stuff too quickly....

Agreed.

...What is Mama Petrelli's power again? Dreams?

This week, she says it's dreams. Last season in a scene with Matt, she acted as it was telepathy. So, who knows.

Sylar felt blah, though he was the best part of the first episode. Loved the line about eating the brains: "Claire, that's disgusting."

If I remember correctly, in the commentary for the first episode of season one on the DVDs, they said that originally they were going to have Sylar gain his powers through eating brains, but they changed it out of eventually deciding that that was too gross.

They didn't address enough with loose ends that need to be tied up.

Agreed.

Nice seeing Sheridan has been reincarnated into a dirty old governor who has some kind of slick agenda.

I can't remember enough of last season; what happened to Nathan regarding the election that Linderman used Micah to win for him? If the writers wanted Nathan to be a Senator, why didn't they just keep him on that plotline from that season one election? Now in order to get him there they have some other Senator having died really unimportantly offscreen sometime another so that Governor Sheridan can appoint Nathan to the position of Senator. It just sort of seems like the writers last season slammed on the breaks of the Nathan-as-Senator plot and now they're slamming on the gas to try to get Nathan back on that plotline.

These two episodes really felt ungrounded to me. There are too many things that they need to deal with from last season. And too much repetition of powers. Last season I was honestly annoyed that that guy Hiro met in the past had the same powers as Claire. Last season, it seemed Mama Petrelli's power was telepathy, now it's dreams, which was what Matt's father's power was or his was nightmares or something equally nebulous. Niki had super strength, now if they've truly killed her off, it seems they're giving super strength to Mohinder, who I'm tired off by the way. And they killed off the guy who painted the future, but wanting more future painting, now they've brought in some dude in Africa who paints the future.

So one of the villains has blue fire. And they've brought back Claire's mother who has regular colored fire. If the two of them end up fighting each other, I'm calling foul! Having two characters wielding fire, one red and one blue, has already happened on Avatar The Last Airbender, which is a really awesome show -- far better than Heroes.

And so present time Peter is somehow inside the body of one of the villains. So far, these villains have a miscellaneousness to them that's uninspiring. Honestly, the only characters that I left these two episodes being interested in was Elle (the lightning girl played by Veronica Mars's Kristen Bell) and the speed girl.

And ugh to Mama Petrelli saying that she is Sylar's mother. Does everyone have to be related on this freaking show!

Last edited:
Oh, and I know I'm probably spoiled by Andreas Katsulas having recited an excerpt of it in Babylon 5, but Mohinder's recitation of "The Second Coming" was just so pathetically weak.

I can't disagree with anything you said, Vacant. Oh, and didn't Mama Petrelli tell "Future Peter" (if that's even him,) that she can see the future and it's changed? So, now she has precognition, too?

Unless she's what Peter is (able to absorb other powers,) then I don't know. Doesn't make sense as she was scared to frack by Matt's father's ability and begged him not to use it.

And her telling Peter, "where do you think you got your powers?" ugh. I dunno anymore.

Last edited:
...Oh, and didn't Mama Petrelli tell "Future Peter" (if that's even him,) that she can see the future and it's changed? So, now she has precognition, too?

Well, the dreams she says her powers are are precognitive dreams. They even showed us her having one.

And her telling Peter, "where do you think you got your powers?" ugh. I dunno anymore.

Well, that comment was in reference to dreaming because of how back at the very beginning of the show in the first episodes of the first season Peter kept dreaming that he could fly. I had personally thought that the dreaming was the power of that black man Peter was taking care of as a nurse in the first few episodes, but I guess not. Now that black man seems completely inconsequential; I thought he was going to be more important that he has turned out to be. I also thought the same about Micah's grandmother played my Nichelle Nichols. Has anyone read anything about whether Niki, Micah, his cousin, or Nichelle are coming back this season?

I'm sure Niki's gonna be back- not only do they have to resolve the cliffhanger from last season, but there's also "Tracy," who is Niki- sorta.

Since I don't take this show seriously, I enjoyed the premiere. Yeah, they just threw a bunch of stuff at us- ok, cool. I'm sure enough of it will come together in time.

I liked the classic horror movie sequence between Claire and Sylar. Old-school.

Some new people, and spotted two familiar actors:

- The actress that plays the "speedster" was in Friday Night Lights, as the nerdy arty alternative love interest of the QB's nerdy friend when he was rebounding from his stormy relationship with the killer-hot blonde.

- This one is awesome: Marlo from The Wire! In the last couple of seasons, Marlo was the leader of the drug gang, and the most vicious, cold-hearted, murderous character in the series. He was bone-chilling.
And now on Heroes, the actor is one of the villains from Level 5 who apparently can turn people's fears against them and uses it for his super strength or something. So though this might typecast the actor as a villlain, but I can't wait to see him terrorizing people. He is cast perfectly.

Yea so I just saw the first two hour premier, and think it pretty much sucked and its going to be a bad season.

* WAY to many "plot" directions and sub-stories. I think I counted at least 7. Lets see if I can list them all:

1) Hiro's quest for the formula
2) Noah's quest for the escaped prisoners
3) Parkman's "Out of Africa" story
4) Peter "Searching for himself"
5) Mohinder taking the "4400 50/50 shot" (Anyone who watched that show knows exactly what I'm talking about here...show isn't even cold and they already borrowed from it)
6) Nathan's next campaign / Governor's plot
7) Whatever the hell Ma' Petrelli is up to with Sylar and her group of sorta-baddies

Did I miss any? I mean there were so many threads being started I really lost track.

Claire's "am I human" thing seems really sudden, unexplained, and kinda tough to buy.
I didn't buy Mohinder taking that shot either. I did buy him nailing Maya though, I'd hit that too.
The Hiro story seems to be more of the same. Hiro and Ando talking about Destiny and being the light hearted fun. It worked before, it will work again and everyone will love it right? Nope. I'm bored.
Parkman's little safari seems sorta pointless...like, why deal with it?

Dont worry though, I'm sure it will all come together magically and make perfect sense. All loose ends will be tied up just like all prior seasons, right? :)

Also, I totally knew Linderman was in Petrelli's head and not real. I dont really care if he is just imaging him, if someone is making him see him, whatever. Don't care.

Although I did have this weird, trippy moment, where I thought I was watching "Veronica Mars" again. When Elle went down to "Level 5" for the first time. The dude who was saying "I am Peter" co-starred with Kristen Bell for all three seasons of Veronica Mars, so seeing them in the same scene was kinda funny/weird.

Anyway, I see myself letting this show go this year. We will see. If Im bored Ill watch it. Who knows if I will keep up with it though.

Although I did have this weird, trippy moment, where I thought I was watching "Veronica Mars" again. When Elle went down to "Level 5" for the first time. The dude who was saying "I am Peter" co-starred with Kristen Bell for all three seasons of Veronica Mars, so seeing them in the same scene was kinda funny/weird.

Yeah, it was nice seeing the dude who played Weevil/Eli on VM. With him and Kristen Bell on the show, maybe there should just be a bringing back of Veronica Mars. :D

Claire's "am I human" thing seems really sudden, unexplained, and kinda tough to buy.

That's actually one of the few things that does make sense to me. She was sorta "raped" by Sylar, which would seriously mess her up. Claire needs some sort of change to shake her up and make her interesting, and this could be it.

Gotta admit I dig Mrs Petrelli.

That's actually one of the few things that does make sense to me. She was sorta "raped" by Sylar, which would seriously mess her up. Claire needs some sort of change to shake her up and make her interesting, and this could be it.
Sorry I should have explained better. Her being messed up after Sylar's visit makes sense. What doesn't make sense is her all of a sudden "I cant feel any pain" thing. One could assume Sylar did that to her...but it seemed like he was just taking what power she already had. The part that was sudden and tough to be was that all of a sudden now her powers were different somehow.

(which sorta reminds me of Nikki/Jessica/Tracy/Icewoman. WTF is up with that)

Oh and also, the whole "I AM YOUR MOTHER" from Mrs Petrelli was VERY cliche and lame. Come on..............

(which sorta reminds me of Nikki/Jessica/Tracy/Icewoman. WTF is up with that)

That was one of the more interesting things of the episode I found. In that it may have explained Nikki's power more effectively than any other time in the past.

My impression: Nikki has multiple personality disorder, with a new personality manifesting itself to save her when needed, and with it, a power.

So the Ice Queen, well, how else to save yourself from Fire? :) And of course, personality wise, politics ... perfect personality that goes along with ice...

In general though, I agree overall impressions, to many threads, way to many threads. Some of them are interesting, other ones, not so interesting. I have the feeling it is going to be similar to reading 10 pages of 10 separate books per week and being entertained by it ... grrrr ...

Oh and also, the whole "I AM YOUR MOTHER" from Mrs Petrelli was VERY cliche and lame. Come on.........

At the risk of sounding overly pedantic, she didn't actually explicitly say that. I remember it as something like:

Sylar: "You're not my mother!"
Mrs P: "Or am I?"
or maybe "Oh, I'm not?" or something like that. Anyway, there's wiggle room...

But more importantly, look how related half the characters on the show are already! What's one more gonna hurt? :)

But of course it's lame and cliche! See, I already think this show is retarded, so this kind of crap makes it even more amusing for me.

Ok, I finally saw the second episode. I liked it much better than the first.

Things that continue to bother me:

What happened with Nikki, Micah and Micah's cousin?
Whatever happened to Claude (invisible dude.)
I don't think Mama Petrelli is Sylar's real mom. I think it's really just a metaphorical thing. Sylar can give her what she needs--a "son" to mold and shape. She gave him what he may need: a "mother figure," after he offed his own.

I have to say I'm wicked excited about one thing: the possibility of a show-down between Sylar and the level 5 dudes. I'd love to see him whip ass.

That was one of the more interesting things of the episode I found. In that it may have explained Nikki's power more effectively than any other time in the past.

My impression: Nikki has multiple personality disorder, with a new personality manifesting itself to save her when needed, and with it, a power.

So the Ice Queen, well, how else to save yourself from Fire? :) And of course, personality wise, politics ... perfect personality that goes along with ice...

Part of the problem I see in that is how would Niki have saved herself from the fire, been subsumed by the new Tracy personality, and ingratiated herself with Governor Sheridan so significantly that he seems to have her as a chief of staff in the little tiny few days that seem to have passed between the end of last season and the beginning of this -- the time differential between Niki in the burning building, Nathan being shot, and Nathan recovering in the hospital wasn't that long a time period, was it?

Besides -- accepting the premise that it really is nothing but multiple personality disorder for one single person -- the Niki and Jessica personalities had the same power: super strength. And wasn't there a third personality under which she killed Micah's father in Vegas? That one had super strength too, didn't it?

I honestly don't want it to be a simple case of multiple personality disorder, especially considering that jms already did that in Rising Stars. Season one left it seeming like there was something more to Jessica, Niki's deceased sister, than has been revealed. I really don't want Jessica to have been just mundane with Niki having taken on some warped construct of a personality and named it after her sister.

I honestly don't want it to be a simple case of multiple personality disorder, especially considering that jms already did that in Rising Stars.

What does Rising Stars have to do with anything? Similar plot lines are used all the time because there are only so many stories you can tell- this comes up anytime someone tries that lame "B5 ripped Tolkien / Star Trek" nonsense.

I have no idea how much time passed between seasons- either I missed it or they didn't say. But I think just be looking how Hiro is settled into his new role as big-shot business man, it must be at least a couple of months.

Tracy isn't Gov Sheridan's "chief of staff," but just an "advisor." Nitpicky, perhaps, but an advisor is a vague term that anyone can be called, wereas Chief of Staff is a big-shot title one works his/her way up to.

Btw, Gov Sheridan... that makes me so happy.

Some new people, and spotted two familiar actors:

- The actress that plays the "speedster" was in Friday Night Lights, as the nerdy arty alternative love interest of the QB's nerdy friend when he was rebounding from his stormy relationship with the killer-hot blonde.

- This one is awesome: Marlo from The Wire! In the last couple of seasons, Marlo was the leader of the drug gang, and the most vicious, cold-hearted, murderous character in the series. He was bone-chilling.
And now on Heroes, the actor is one of the villains from Level 5 who apparently can turn people's fears against them and uses it for his super strength or something. So though this might typecast the actor as a villlain, but I can't wait to see him terrorizing people. He is cast perfectly.

i spotted both of those, and the guy who plays marlo being in the cast is beyond awesomeness.

now considering this show has become so silly that it is now verging on genius, might i suggest another addition from the cast of the wire, omar with superpowers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back