• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Anyone still watching Lost?

Sinclair

Just curious as to see if anyone is still watching Lost. I know some people have gotten frustrated and quit watching it, but I have always been left wanting more. As the series winds down to the last episodes I would like to see some discussion on how everyone thinks it's going and how it will end.

*******POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR FINAL SEASON EPISODES MAY FOLLOW*******

I am curious as to how the 'alternate' reality (the one where the plane never crashed) is going to play out and how it may coincide with the current reality. I am loving the whole smoke monster Locke storyline. Now he has Sawyer following him and who knows who else he will get. I like how he referred to Alpert as 'not used to seeing him without the chains', which I assume implies Alpert's arrival via the Black Rock.

One thing that still confuses me from last season that I hope will get explained is why some of the people on the Ajira flight (Sun, Ben, and Lapidus) did not go back in time with Hurley, Jack, Sayid, and Kate. I can understand why Ben and Lapidus may not have gone back since they hadn't been on the original Oceanic flight, but then why wasn't Sun sent back to the past?

Just curious as to see if anyone is still watching Lost. I know some people have gotten frustrated and quit watching it, but I have always been left wanting more.

I am definitely still watching. I've been enjoying it. I got frustrated way back in season 3, but it picked up in season 4.

I am curious as to how the 'alternate' reality (the one where the plane never crashed) is going to play out and how it may coincide with the current reality.

My guess is we will see two endings. Right now, I can't wrap my brain around the possibility that one timeline will just fade away, overwrite the other, or merge with the other. The 2nd timeline will probably be the one with the relatively happy endings. The original timeline is getting a bit ominous. I think it's going to end with a lot of conflict and probably some characters dying.

One thing that still confuses me from last season that I hope will get explained is why some of the people on the Ajira flight (Sun, Ben, and Lapidus) did not go back in time with Hurley, Jack, Sayid, and Kate. I can understand why Ben and Lapidus may not have gone back since they hadn't been on the original Oceanic flight, but then why wasn't Sun sent back to the past?

I read somewhere that Damon & Carlton claim that the reason Sun never time traveled will become obvious but may not be explicitly explained.

I've written a few blog entries about Lost:

Absolutely watching it. Love the season so far!

Still watching it and still loving it.

I am intrigued by the alternate timelines.

*** SPOILER WARNING ****

Was annoyed by Jack smashing those mirrors. I wanted to see what Hurley would have seen! I wonder if any of the group are actually gonna replace Jacob or will it be the new person coming to the island (the name at 108 degrees is evdiently Wallace, I didn't see this but someone else told me).

One theory on the endings is that the happy ending IS the ending but hasn't actually happened yet. In other words, these scenes are not really flashing "sideways", but are in fact flashing forward again. The battle on the island is not done yet, and when it is, they will find themselves landing in LAX.

I also like how the battle is turning out to be between two opposing forces of light and dark - both of whom are manipulating the survivors to their own purposes and neither of whom may be quite as good or as evil as they seem.
Something familiar 'bout 'dat.

My theory is that one of the two dimensions is wrong and cannot survive and the LOSTies will have to somehow change it to whatever is broken in the primary universe is fixed so that the tangent universe will cease to exist. (a'la Donnie Darko)

These characters have had connections before they ever made it to the Island, and it might just be that the connections that they had and the subsequent gathering of these characters is more important than where that gathering took place. They were meant to be together and their lives were affected by their getting together, but perhaps that can happen in LA just as it did on the Island.

A couple more things on this, where is Christian’s body (i.e. is it the Artifact using Donnie Darko terminology) and what was up with Desmond on Oceanic 815? Part of me wonders if he was actually there, or is he Dr. Jack’s subconscious somehow connecting with the past/future he no longer has on the Island (i.e. is Desmond the Manipulated Dead--using Donnie Darko terminology--is Desmond “Frank the Rabbit”)? Not sure, but at the moment I’m leaning towards the LA dimension being the correct one, and the Island being the one that has to go. Could totally be off on that, of course.

Still watching, still loving it. But I gave up trying to "figure it out" a long time ago. It seems pretty obvious that the writers are bullshitting their way through a lot of it, so I'm just along for the ride but it's worthless to assume there's any rhyme or reason to any of this nonsense.

My theory is that one of the two dimensions is wrong and cannot survive and the LOSTies will have to somehow change it to whatever is broken in the primary universe is fixed so that the tangent universe will cease to exist. (a'la Donnie Darko)

These characters have had connections before they ever made it to the Island, and it might just be that the connections that they had and the subsequent gathering of these characters is more important than where that gathering took place. They were meant to be together and their lives were affected by their getting together, but perhaps that can happen in LA just as it did on the Island.

A couple more things on this, where is Christian’s body (i.e. is it the Artifact using Donnie Darko terminology) and what was up with Desmond on Oceanic 815? Part of me wonders if he was actually there, or is he Dr. Jack’s subconscious somehow connecting with the past/future he no longer has on the Island (i.e. is Desmond the Manipulated Dead--using Donnie Darko terminology--is Desmond “Frank the Rabbit”)? Not sure, but at the moment I’m leaning towards the LA dimension being the correct one, and the Island being the one that has to go. Could totally be off on that, of course.

Maybe the Losties will be shown both timelines and have to choose. While that would certainly cause some great arguments/fist fights, it would be hard to pull off satisfactorally

Still watching, still loving it. But I gave up trying to "figure it out" a long time ago. It seems pretty obvious that the writers are bullshitting their way through a lot of it, so I'm just along for the ride but it's worthless to assume there's any rhyme or reason to any of this nonsense.

I like pretending I'm cleverer than I am and trying to work everything out :)

Still watching and mostly loving it. As always, sometimes Lost is too confusing for its own good and at the start of a new season I always have trouble remembering what the heck is going on, even with the recaps.

I have a feeling the two timelines will cross paths somehow...

I sorta share GKar's sentiments that the writers are b.s.ing their way through, though I don't think that's entirely the case. I think they've been moving towards something all along, but didn't' have it clearly figured out so there has been some rabbits-out-the-hat stuff going on...

While I'm not enjoying it as much as GKE, I still like watching it. I also agree with the other part of his statement that its clear they are just BSing their way to the end.

Also, notice how almost every episode this season someone says "I want some answers" and then something happens or someone decides to leave, resulting in no answers being given?

I see what you're saying, Recoil. While I don't agree that they are just bs'ing their way through everything I do think they have 'some' sort of idea as to what they are doing and what they have as an endgame plan. I agree that they are just filling in some things with ideas as they go. Wrong or right as I may be, I still love watching the show!

Ok the last episode was awesome.

- battles: Sayid vs Mitsurughi from Soul Calibar
- Smoke Monster totally f'ing UP the temple
- Sayid vs mercenary that killed Ben's daughter, now appearing as Christopher Walken from King of New York
- freezer Jin!
- Ben doing the backing-away-slowly bit when stumbling across Sayid-as-The Punisher

I also like how the battle is turning out to be between two opposing forces of light and dark - both of whom are manipulating the survivors to their own purposes and neither of whom may be quite as good or as evil as they seem.
Something familiar 'bout 'dat.

Very familiar indeed, with Jacob being shown to be just as ruthless when recruiting Dogen as the MiB has been with the candidates so far. Indeed, given the control Jacob/Ben have previously shown over Anthony Cooper and the ambiguous nature of Jacob's touching Sayid we can even start to wonder if Jacob actually caused the various life crises that he shows up to offer advice in the wake of ....

I guess we can only hope that this isn't going to be too thuddingly literal a Jacob/Vorlon (or Shepard/Sheridan) reprise at this point (who's David's mom? Rousseau?). Then again, I don't think there's much doubt that Lindelof is not just an acknowledged friend of JMS's but an actual B5er as well! Consider the pseudonymous casting call that they put out for "Stu Radzinsky" (;)) last season.

"Marty Jankowsky-40s to 50s, Caucasian, very smart and controlling. Marty has his own way of doing things and god help you if you cross him and/or try to alter his very precise process. A deep and free thinker he uses his fierce intellect as a weapon."

Now, "Radzinsky" might merely have been a coincidence, and "Stu Radzinsky" just the sort of knockabout fun that writers often indulge in. But using "Jankowsky" as the alias for a guy who causes a disastrous "incident" thorough overconfidence and paranoia and later remorsefully blows his brains out? Only a true B5 nut could have thought of that one ..... :cool:

Last edited:
I'd laugh if the show ends making no sense at all and the whole show is presented as having been a giant Dharma Initiative experiment to see how long people would watch something that didn't make sense.

Ok the last episode was awesome.

- battles: Sayid vs Mitsurughi from Soul Calibar
- Smoke Monster totally f'ing UP the temple
- Sayid vs mercenary that killed Ben's daughter, now appearing as Christopher Walken from King of New York
- freezer Jin!
- Ben doing the backing-away-slowly bit when stumbling across Sayid-as-The Punisher

I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying Ben desperately doing what Ben does best--taking care of himself! That scene was awesome.

Glad they offed some of the weirdos in the temple. The vibe from some of those peeps was a bit Byron'ish and his band of telepaths.

Sayid. Oh man, he just breaks my heart. I have to believe he's just going along with this or something. Though, I'd be honked-off too if someone tried to get me killed twice.

That said, the dude he killed died in that fountain, right? Does that mean he can come back? Maybe smokey will take over his body.

Hmmmm, so much fun!

Yeah, I'm still watching it and still love the show. No complaints. I don't really understand people who complain about it being "Frustrating." It's less frustrating now than it was during the first two seasons, much more briskly paced, far fewer "Walking in the woods" episodes, and of course people actually willingly exchange information on the show now.

I like pretending I'm cleverer than I am and trying to work everything out :)

Me too but I have no hope of seeing this in the UK yet as we don't have Sky, and although a work colleague is taping it... she is on maternity leave and our VHS is kaput!:rolleyes::(

I blame Murdoch the antichrist!:p

I'd laugh if the show ends making no sense at all and the whole show is presented as having been a giant Dharma Initiative experiment to see how long people would watch something that didn't make sense.

I would love that- non-sarcastically. The absurdity is a key part of the fun for me. If this show ends all stupidly, I'll laugh and enjoy the internet-yelling. It wouldn't be like the Big Two of shows that ended stupidly for me (X-Files, Sopranos).

Of course with my luck they'll actually try to make it make some sort of sense and end respectably.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back