• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Global Frequency pilot...

The pilot from the unmade show has been leaked on Torrent, and is proving popular. For those not in know, its based on a kick-ass comic by Uk comics mega-god Warren Ellis (read we3 now!!!) about a, well, just check it out.

Wired have the news here.

Linksy..

Other than my love of Warren Ellis, did I not recall JMS being involved in said show at some point??

Edit by me...

Yep, he was due to Exec produce..

http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17249&query=global%20frequency
Since it's no longer an issue, because the show was not picked up, the series
I'd mentioned that had come to me to talk about coming aboard as an EP was
Warren Ellis' Global Frequency. I'd met with the people involved, been
approved by the network, went by to meet Warren during filming in Vancouver,
who seemed like a very nice sort, and was waiting for the next round of serious
conversations...but the show has not been picked up by WB. I know they're
shopping it elsewhere, so we'll see, but for now, at least, that's that. (I
have to say, by the way, that the pilot script is probably the smartest script
I've ever read. It could really be one hell of a series.)

The show writer is a funny guy. :)
Kung fu Monkey (his blog)
I'd also like to remind you that illegal file-sharing is a bad, bad thing, and I in no way encourage it. All references to downloading sites will be immediately deleted from the this website. You, despite your enthusiasm, should be ashamed of yourselves. Ashamed.

The comic writer said
warrenellis.com
The TV pilot that’s all over the net right now, on that filthy bit torrent thing which is illegal and nasty and I certainly don’t use it to watch The Daily Show or anything.
heh. :)

This bittorrent fuss has brought up a new round of talks with Hollywood so it's gone to plan so far. Muahahahahaaa... :)

Battlestar Galactica being leaked on torrent from the UK (where it was shown first, hmmm) lead to its success.

Smell the hypocrasy....

In the case of BSG, the shows creators when on-line asking Americans not to download it before it was aired. This created even more buzz. .

In the same way that movie and show creators have used AICN, newsgroups and forums to build up hype, bitorrent gave have great gains for the industry, even though they decry it as the devils own download medium.

Back