• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is this the end?

I was just checking SciFi's schedulebot, and I found NO MORE B5 through February; it has been replaced by MORE X-Files re-runs. Is this the end? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

damn them, damn them all to hell. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hey, be glad you've had so many reruns in the first place... people in other countries must be happy to even see something once. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So even if it takes a break - a few months, half a year, maybe even a year - is that really the end? Or just the kind of break it needs to get more viewers again when it returns?

well, it ain't so bad, but i was just getting a friend into the series /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

it doesn't phase me any really, i have nearly every episode of season 2-4, and several of season 5, if i ever feel like going on another B5 binge.

yeah <sigh> B5 was only run once over here in NZ <sigh>
But i'm buying all the dvd's, so it doesn't matter - yay lol

I have a feeling we won't see it on the air much once all 5 seasons come out on DVD. B5 doesn't get many new viewers, sadly, and once the devout fans who watch all the reruns have every episode on DVD, I doubt it will get much exposure on network tv.

Frankly,

I dont care THAT much that Sci-Fi isnt showing it right now. For the last year I havent been able to watch it anyway because of that 4pm CST timeslot. The remastered DVDs are better than anything you would see on TV anyway.

Now that the DVD's are coming out it is possible that WB is anxious to keep it off the air for a while too. DVD's are quite expensive for some people and if they can see the same thing on TV they aren't going to put money out to buy it.

Yeah, I don't think it's a big loss for those of us who've been watching since it was still in production. I have the whole series on tape already and watch it at my own pace. It was usually on while I was at work anyway, so I'd miss a lot of eps each time through. Plus it's better if you give yourself a little time to forget before rewatching it.

But it's not so good for those who haven't seen it all yet.
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kribu, you are right, we must be happy. For example people just saw ONLY 2 SEASONS of B5 and some B5 movies in my country. No more! And because TV Channel which aired B5 went bankrupt, I don't think that fans will see more. Those nice episodes such as War Without End, Z'ha'dum,Into the Fire,... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It's a sad story! If B5 is dead in US or UK, than in my country is dead and already burried. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back