B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 14th 04, 13:22   #31
Demon
Dead Account

Re: DVD Extras

Quote:

No, but he was an EP on Grail, which is part of Babylon 5, which is one of his babies.
So he should have known better?
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th 04, 18:46   #32
grumbler
Ambassador

Quote:
So he should have known better?
No, he should have known Bester.
grumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th 04, 06:51   #33
StarForBram
First One

Agreed. Believers was by far the worst episode. I wanted to throw the parents out of an air lock.
StarForBram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th 04, 10:29   #34
crofootski
First One

As Joe D. said:

Quote:
See? There is no such thing as a "disposable" B5 episode. Five years, 110 shows, 6 TV movies, a 13 episode spin-off and not a "Spock's Brain" or "Plato's Stepchildren" in the bunch.

Don't forget about "The Way to Eden" in that list. That episode makes me absolutely ill! Yuck!!
crofootski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th 04, 02:47   #35
Jade Jaguar
First One

I like Grail, TKO, Believers, except for the "gloppit egg" and Grey 17, except for the Zarg. I will admit that they are not the strongest EPs by any means. Infection is the bottom of my list. I kind of have to grit my teeth to watch Illusion of Truth. I'm not saying it's a bad EP, just that I don't enjoy it. I would enjoy watching the Zarg choke to death on gloppit eggs...

Way To Eden IS pretty awful, with those LA space hippies . I think that the ST:OS EP I liked least was one where a woman, wife of a chief, wearing what looked like a mideval pointed hat with a tassel, is expecting a baby. Kirk and McCoy are protecting her in a cave. Double ugh. Can't remember the name of that EP. I actually kind of like Spock's Brain. My very favorite Ep is I, Mudd.
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th 04, 11:20   #36
Kraig
First One

Quote:
I think that the ST:OS EP I liked least was one where a woman, wife of a chief, wearing what looked like a mideval pointed hat with a tassel, is expecting a baby. Kirk and McCoy are protecting her in a cave. Double ugh. Can't remember the name of that EP.
[geek mode]You are probably thinking of Julie Newmar in the episode "Friday's Child." IIRC, Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner both suffer from constant tinnitus (ringing of the ears) because an explosive device went off unexpectedly during the filming of that episode.[/geek mode]
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th 04, 00:40   #37
Jade Jaguar
First One

I just looked it up, and I believe you're right. Even Julie Newmar couldn't save it. It was written by D. C. Fontana, and directed by Joseph Pevney, so it is suprising it was so bad.
Old March 30th 04, 13:40   #38
grumbler
Ambassador

Quote:
It was written by D. C. Fontana, and directed by Joseph Pevney, so it is suprising it was so bad.
I presume that was supposed to say "written by D. C. Fontana... so it is not suprising it was so bad"?
grumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th 04, 23:49   #39
Jade Jaguar
First One

Actually, I thought most people agreed that she was one of their best writers. I haven't looked up what other eps she wrote to see if I agree...