• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SILENCE OF MIND Trailer and Screening!!!

At the risk of seeming self-aggrandizing, I wanted to share with all of you my web-trailer for my new feature, SILENCE OF MIND. Just go to www.SPPictures.com and scroll down to see the link. (It's also on the SILENCE OF MIND page.) It's in Quicktime.

Though I know none of you will be able to make it, SILENCE will have its first ever Advanced Screening for the public on April 27, 2005, at the Malco Studio on the Square in Memphis, TN! Showtimes: 8:45pm and 10:20pm, Tickets: $6. The film is screening in a wonderful theatre with a brand new digital projector that I get to break in!

I'm very excited and nervous (as filmmakers are on opening screenings), and cannot wait to get this film into the festivals. I'm very proud of it.

I hope to have the SILENCE OF MIND Special Edition 2-disk set DVD available within the year which will contain:

-SILENCE OF MIND (with commentary by Editor/Producer/Director, Anthony Flessas and Co-producer/Writer/Actor, Tyler Farrell)

-JUMPER (the sequel short, new festival version)

-JUMPER: The Extended Edition (with the 5 special ending scenes that conclude Tommy's story -- only available on DVD)

-Behind Tommy's Story (the behind-the-scenes featurette on the making of JUMPER and SILENCE OF MIND)

-Outtakes

-Trailers

-THE RUNAWAY (a special Director's Cut of Anthony Flessas' first acclaimed short film)

I still have loads to do to get the DVD ready and mass-produced, but I believe it's all worth it!

Anyway, everyone check out the SILENCE trailer and let me know what you think! I should also mention that this is a high-speed connection trailer. I hope to have one for slower connections up soon.

CE

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about how it went last night. I want to be on the pre-order list for the kit and kaboodle. Better yet....get the damned thing in one of the SF film festivals and get your ass out here. :D

Ok folks, here's the poop! This is what Willie over at JMSNews had to say (he lives here and was able to make it to the screening):

Sorry for the delay in reporting back. Anyway, like I told Tony last night it was a great movie. I went to the 8:45 showing and I arrived a half-hour early. When I found a parking space, the line for tickets was quick. I was only the third person in line. After a while, I met Tony. I'm still glad to meet a fellow B5 fan in person, although I'd known a couple B5 fans before I became one. After a quick chat with Tony, I went and sat down. I didn't want to hog the conversation since it was his night after all, and I didn't know anyone else there.

I'm not going to give away any spoilers for the movie, nor am I going to describe any scenes from it. I will say that it made me laugh, almost say "wtf" a couple times, and I did wipe away a couple tears in some places. After the credits finished, we applauded Tony, though I felt a standing O would have been better. A raffle for a movie poster took place and I was 2 numbers off from getting one. Tony stood near the steps going down from the seats and we all told Tony it was a great movie. I would have liked to stayed for the second screening, but with only 2 bucks in my pocket I would have felt bad for not buying another ticket.

For those on here who couldn't make it (which I think is everyone who doesn't live in Memphis ), when it's released on DVD, I highly recommend it as an addition to your movie collection.

And here's what I have to say about the night and about the film.

First of all, it was wonderful to meet Willie! He's a great guy and I'm so grateful that he came out to show his support to my film and a fellow B5er! I only wish we had had more time to chat.

I was a bundle of nerves that night and having friends like Willie around made the night feel more warm and gave me a sense of support that I can never say thank you enough for.

Yes, the night went well. The first screening had the largest audience (not nearly as many showed for the second, but then it was a late screening, so I was fine with it). The audience seemed to love the film, which was all I cared about. You can't touch them if they don't like what you're doing. I got responses like, "wow" and "it blew me away" and "it was amazing."

This film has scenes and moments that could turn an audience off quickly, which was a large part of my concern, from violence to gay sex. However, it was partly due to those very aspects that I was able to apparently achieve what I wanted to achieve, which was to use those elements and others to actually draw the audience in to a story that they could be made uncomfortable by...that being one of remembered child abuse and dark imagery. The audience, from the reviews I've heard by those I trust to tell me the truth and from those who watched audience reactions during the film, was drawn in and moved to laugh, to cry and even to jump a few times.

Ultimately, I guess I did my job as director. I'm very proud of this film and it does my heart good to have such praise for my work, especially when it was such a labor of love and a hard road to walk throughout.

Soon, hopefully, I will have the score available to purchase, which I feel is one of the best scores I've heard, much less for a little indie film. As for the DVD, that will be a little while, since I still have several features to finish getting ready for it, including the Extended Edition cut of the sequel film JUMPER (which was shot first actually). Expect the DVD in about a year, maybe less. I might offer a bare bones version before that, which would be done by me and not a professional pressing (which the full set will be). It appears I already have a lot of people requesting them, so I might begin to offer them.

The full DVD will have many features though.

SILENCE OF MIND
JUMPER: The Extended Edition (that finally shows the end of the Tommy story)
Featurette
Commentary by myself and Actor/Writer/Co-Producer Tyler Farrell
Outtakes (yes there were a some great ones)
and my first short THE RUNAWAY
I am also hoping to offer a CD of the official soundtrack with it, composed by Stuart Spoard, performed by Pinionist.

If I've begun work on my next film, it may also have a teaser for that.

All in all, the night went well. I can now procede into the festival circuit and in trying to get this film in front of "the right people" with confidence.

I'll be sure to let everyone know where it will be showing in festivals as the info becomes available in case any of you might live where it's showing and would like to go and see it and support it.

I just want to thank you all for your incredible support! I love you all!!!

CE

(aka Anthony Flessas)

Congrats on a sucessful night. It's great to hear about a friend getting good news.

Wish you sucess on moving forward with the movie. :) :) :) :D

Wow, that is awesome! You have a big reason to be proud. Most people sit and think about what they'd like to do with their lives, ponder that novel or the movie they long to create. You have done it. :) You need to sit back and just think about that scenario.

*applauds Tony*

So...it's happened. I bet you didn't think it would ever get here. ;) It sounds like it went magnificently well. So, besides all the stuff around the soundtrack and DVDs, what else do you have to do regarding film festivals and the like....

Thanks for introducing your film -- I wish your venture success.
Should I only find opportunity and time... I will try finding out more about it.

*applauds Tony*

So...it's happened. I bet you didn't think it would ever get here. ;) It sounds like it went magnificently well. So, besides all the stuff around the soundtrack and DVDs, what else do you have to do regarding film festivals and the like....

Thanks all for the wonderful words of love and encouragement. You all have no idea how your thoughts and words have kept me going and fighting over the last year and few months. I'm so glad I joined this community, it has been a source of friendship and enlightenment! OX to all!!!

As for what's next, Markas, I still have a couple of issues to fix in the film before beginning to submit it to festivals worldwide! Unlike JUMPER, my previous film, which was a 20 minute short -- ask Markas about it -- he owns a copy ;), SILENCE has a completely original and incredible score by Australian composer Stuart Spoard, so I own every piece of the film without worrying about rights issues.

BTW, Markas, Stuart is going to work on the extended edition of JUMPER to replace the SenseField song and score the ending scenes that conclude the Tommy saga. Once I get the final masters done for SILENCE and get it started on the festival circuit, I start re-editing JUMPER for the extended edition that ads the final 5 scenes which take place 7 months after JUMPER (which takes place 5 months after the events in SILENCE OF MIND).

Then I start on the final DVD extras, etc. In short, I still have massive festival marketing and loads of DVD work still to be done before the Tommyverse (as I call it) is finally put to bed.

Then, I'll start to think of what's next.

I do plan to seek out some festivals in SF, so if I get in, I'll be coming out to support it...so I hope you're ready for a visit from the wildest and craziest queen you've had the pleasure to have to deal with!!! :D

Anway, that's the latest. As soon as I have a barebones DVD ready, I'll let every one know!

CE

Sounds like now that it's done...you'll be busier than ever. ;)

Wildest and craziest, eh? You've got quite a task ahead of you. :D

Back