• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Walmart - b5 dvds

they had them at walmart for 3 months. i bought season 1 and 2 then the next you know POOF no b5 dvd's anymore.

They didn't even do a good run with it! i checked several walmarts locally and in other cities too. DISCONTINUED

it was a good deal cus it was only $20 per season.

they had them at walmart for 3 months. i bought season 1 and 2 then the next you know POOF no b5 dvd's anymore.

They didn't even do a good run with it! i checked several walmarts locally and in other cities too. DISCONTINUED

it was a good deal cus it was only $20 per season.

I'm surprised they had 'em as long as 3 months. Wal-Marts in my area haven't had B5 DVDs since a month or two of when they were first released.

Would it not of been better to get the lot of Amazon?

I got the box set with all the seasons,all the films and pilots,crusade and TLT for abot $100 :thumbsup:

I got the box set with all the seasons,all the films and pilots,crusade and TLT for abot $100 :thumbsup:

And if you got all of that without any loose/scratched discs, you were damned lucky. Given the usual mail order policy of exchanging set for set, I'd much rather buy the individual sets from a local brick and mortar store.

And if you got all of that without any loose/scratched discs, you were damned lucky. Given the usual mail order policy of exchanging set for set, I'd much rather buy the individual sets from a local brick and mortar store.

Watched 90%% so far without a problem :thumbsup:

Then play the lottery, because with that kind of luck, you ought to win BIG. In the latest set I bought (orig. packaging), 8 out of 40 discs (20%) were loose/scratched.

Then play the lottery, because with that kind of luck, you ought to win BIG. In the latest set I bought (orig. packaging), 8 out of 40 discs (20%) were loose/scratched.

Gambling is one of the few sins I don't have :LOL:

I don't know if this is a differance between US and European editions but they seemed well packaged to me :confused:

I don't know if this is a differance between US and European editions but they seemed well packaged to me :confused:

The original US packaging of the B5 Season sets and the movie set was pretty bad (hubs and the hard, brittle, not-very-plastic material). The newly repackaged US B5 Season sets and the movie set are probably better, but I can't say for sure because I've never seen them in person, opened. The only time I ever saw the newly repackaged sets was in a Best Buy store, once, and I wasn't about to pay $50 for a set just to see the insides of the new packaging. ;)

Here are pictures of the old US sets, including how my B5 Season 3 as arrived in the mail from Amazon (which I returned for a refund and then bought locally.), and the replacement packaging (dark grey, from Sleeve City) that I use for my B5 sets.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd61/KoshN/

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd61/KoshN/Babylon 5/

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd61/KoshN/B5-Crusade/
The Crusade hubs are secure (sometimes so secure that it's hard to get the DVDs off of the hubs.)

Not sure I understand your logic here. You do realize that DVDs sold in "Brick and Mortar" stores get SHIPPED to this stores from another location? Possibly from 2-3 locations? How is that different than it being shipped to your doorstep?

Then you have warehouse people tossing them around potentially, sales floor people stocking them on the floor, etc.

I don't think your risk for damaged merchandise is any lower buying it in a store. And any REPUTABLE online retailer, such as Amazon, will have a great return policy if there are issues. Stores on the other hand, tend to be tougher and tougher as they lose out to online retailers.

Amazon hasn't let me down yet.

Not sure I understand your logic here. You do realize that DVDs sold in "Brick and Mortar" stores get SHIPPED to this stores from another location? Possibly from 2-3 locations? How is that different than it being shipped to your doorstep?

At a brick & mortar (meaning a local, walk-into store), I can inspect the set before leaving the store or at worst case the parking lot, and get any loose/scratched discs replaced disc-for-disc, on the spot. I don't have to return the whole damned set for a replacement set, which when it arrives a week later (if it's a Babylon 5 set in the old packaging) will very likely have loose/scratched discs as well. Repeat that frustration cycle until you are a clock tower sniper. :brickwall:

Then you have warehouse people tossing them around potentially, sales floor people stocking them on the floor, etc.

I don't think your risk for damaged merchandise is any lower buying it in a store. And any REPUTABLE online retailer, such as Amazon, will have a great return policy if there are issues. Stores on the other hand, tend to be tougher and tougher as they lose out to online retailers.

Amazon hasn't let me down yet.

With my Babylon 5 Season 3 set, Amazon absolutely WOULD NOT exchange disc-for-disc. I only needed 2 discs. They would only exchange set-for-set, so I returned it for a full refund, and then went to a local Wal-Mart to buy my Season 3 set. After telling the Wal-Mart about the loose/scratched discs problem, I told them I wanted to inspect the set before I left the store. They insisted that I take it to Customer Service to have them open the set. When Customer Service opened the set, a loose/scratched disc fell out of the set, rolled off the counter and across the floor. I pointed and said "See?" Then, we opened another set and between the two sets we made one GOOD set. See the value of buying locally? An even better option is to buy online and have it delivered to the local store for pickup. I did that for a friend, using Best Buy (Babylon 5 sets were on Sale for $19.99 each, online.) and 8 out of the 40 discs were loose/scratched or scratched. I had the discs replaced on the spot, disc-for-disc.

Last edited:
I bought mine through Columbia House (in 2006 I think it was) and my only issue has been 1 or 2 of the sets have the glue drying up a bit. Wish WB would offer a exchange program like Universal is doing for the Blu-Rays for Battlestar Galactica.

:thumbsup:To anyone in glasgow area, a stall in the barras has the full box set for £40 still sealed
i got my set from there and no problems with any of the disks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back