• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

City of Heros videogame question?

Do you mean Rising Stars? I don;t think he has been invovled in this, although the idea bears a distinct similarity to Alan Moore's Top Ten series.

I've played COH for over a year (and now City of Villains), and to the best of my knowledge, I've never heard of his name being involved with either...

I've played COH for over a year (and now City of Villains), and to the best of my knowledge, I've never heard of his name being involved with either...

I got CoH when it first came out, and I did play CoH for over a year (I was a member of THE-ZERG SuperGroup btw). But the game isn't driven by questing like WoW is, it's driven by leveling.

So by the time I got close to level 50 (the level bridging range) I was sick of the whole "kick the crap" out of the badies missions, or "grab the glowie" missions. It got *VERY* repetitive. Then when the Devs nerfed Hami and then the I5 BIG nerf, I had, had it!

I made a post at CoHs forums a long time ago about what *should* be done with the game (which had a 5 star rating by the CoH posters no less!). That it should be driven by a "Hero's Quest", sadly the post is long sence gone or I would post a link to it. :(

But if Jack Emmert gets JMS to sign on, I may just bring "Ranger Cole" (my main toon) out the closet to fight in the streets of Paragon City once again...

[EDITED]
BTW, "Ranger Cole" is a SR/MarArts Scrapper I played on the Triumph server. My global handle was/is the same Just FYI

[EDITED YET AGAIN]
BTW, has CoV added some *MUCH* needed depth to the game?

No, same mechanics, different face. I'm already getting tired of it, and I'm only lvl 24. The mission themes are different -- rob this bank, kidnap that person, etc., -- but the way it's played is pretty much identical. The classes themselves are much different than the hero classes, though. there is no uber-healing class, and there is no tank class. Instead those talents are kind of spread out among all villains. It makes things more interesting, but it can be tough getting a good group together, too.

That's what I was afraid of. I don't think the Dev's know what they want to do with the game.

It's suppose to be a Comic Book MMO. But in comics (well writen comics) Super Powers are not what the comics' are about, the Powers are just tools the hero uses to do his/her job.

Case in point, Spider-Man's powers aren't what make us come back time and again to Marvel Comics, the person behind the mask, Peter Parker does. Frankly, Jack Emmert (The Statesman) I think has lost sight of this.

They REALLY need to take a leason from the good people over at Blizzard Entertainment. Because WoW... well it's like Zelda but MMO! :eek: :D :cool: :) :devil:
Which is what a WarCraft based MMO should be.

Got rather tired of CoH after a short period. The content was the same, only higher in level and more numbers thrown at you in instanced-zones.

WoW, for the sheer sake that it IS quest-drive, was the winner for me, hands down.

That said, City of Heroes was damn fun to create new characters. I must have had 30 characters created, none that went beyond level 10. WoW, on the other hand.... "hi, here's your choice of 4 faces, some hair color... style.. ok! go play!"

Had SWG lived up to its potential, it would have been & would still be the King of all MMOs. Unfortunately, it never did, and their recent "enhancements" (AKA a total change of every aspect of the game) has sealed its doom. A true shame. It was my frist MMO, and the attraction of its player community was unmatched. But even that's changed now.

Here's a screenshot of my friends and I one day in WoW when we changed our guild tabard colors to godawful pink and yellow. :) Normally they're black & white. I'm the gnome -- his name is Squidge and he's a lvl 60 warlock on Medivh server.

squidge7oe.jpg

I'm probably going back to WoW very soon, since CoV is getting kinda old. They've added some new stuff in the 6 months I've been gone, and the new expansion is due out sometime in 2006 (likely summer), so WoW should have a good year.

I loathed SWG. "Hi, how about you all play for a year and follow every character path WE decide for you, and only then will you become a jedi."

I still think EQ was the grandaddy of all MMORPG's. For all its flaws, it broke some serious ground. Too bad EQ2 is a disappointment.

Still waiting for Vanguard. :)

I loathed SWG. "Hi, how about you all play for a year and follow every character path WE decide for you, and only then will you become a jedi."

I still think EQ was the grandaddy of all MMORPG's. For all its flaws, it broke some serious ground. Too bad EQ2 is a disappointment.

Still waiting for Vanguard. :)

Someone forgot the Ultima Online.

I still think EQ was the grandaddy of all MMORPG's.
Oh, how the young talk. Remember ye not the MUDs? Some of them qualified easy. Text based, and theoretically dull as hell. Yet they sucked up a good deal of my time in high school for a while.

Also, I feel old! Im 21, stop making me feel old!

Back