B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old October 3rd 14, 08:55   #101
torkste
Ranger

Re: B5 Feature Film to be scriptedTRUE! There will be a feature film going into produ

Have you seen the movie Guardians of the Galaxy?
Was it the human character's or the green alien female, the talking raccon and the plantman that made this a hit?
Avatar likewise. Would that movie have been better by removing the blue aliens and replacing them with human characters.
So, yes, a movie with Minbari, who is not that different from the Trek, "any human with wrinkles on their nose or forehead is an alien" variant that the public is already familiar with, and lots of cool spaceships would do very well as a movie.
torkste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th 14, 19:50   #102
hypatia
First One

Re: B5 Feature Film to be scriptedTRUE! There will be a feature film going into produ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Seriously?!? "Eye candy and ballbuster" is the only use you can see for females and that's only for the sake of being 'modern'? How utterly tasteless and backward of you.

Jan
Thank you, Jan. You put that so much better than I was about to put it.
Old November 9th 14, 22:59   #103
HeinleinFan
Ambassador

I haven't been around for a while, but I'm glad I checked in this evening. A new B5 film is great news, especially with the level of film making technology available today.

I'd be perfectly OK with new characters and a re-imagined story, but while sitting in that darkened theater I'd be remembering all those amazing people who are no longer with us. Elated and sad at the same time.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Has it really been 20 years?

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"
- Oddball, *Kelly's Heroes*
HeinleinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 14, 19:41   #104
cheer
Lurker

I just want some cracking good writing. Give me that and I'll excuse most anything else.
cheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th 14, 11:37   #105
vorlonlovechild
Commander

We have the #Freebabylon5 movement chugging along nicely - raising the profile of the show (which is great), we have some bright spark releasing the 'Into the Fire' game demo for download (again possibly raising the profile of the show), and we have JMS stating openly he's going to write a movie - a reboot of the series.......

How brilliant is that?
Old December 17th 14, 07:47   #106
Sannra
Lurker

I'd love to see a new B5 movie but I'm not sure if i'd like to see a reboot. Of course i understand the reasons for it: Some of the main cast died and the rest is older now. But that's the fate of time. I'd really love to see the original cast involved (especially Bruce Boxleitner, Mira Furlan and the actor who played Londo) but not in other roles. I can't imagine an other actor to play Delenn for example. Mira Furlan is Delenn. The characters of the series are attached to the faces we already know, so a change is something i really wouldn't like to see and i hope that they'll solve the problem in a good way for us all. The best would be imo to let the original cast play the roles they had in the series and group new characters around them.
Sannra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd 14, 14:18   #107
hypatia
First One

Didn't JMS consider making Delenn a male who turned female after the transition involving the big caterpillar-like pod?

It would be interesting to see who was cast to play that part, if he stuck with that idea.
Old December 22nd 14, 14:57   #108
Jan
Psi Cop

The idea was for the character of Delenn to be male but played by a female, Mira Furlan. The theory was that females move differently from males which would cause a dissonance with the viewer. Between the electronic correction to the voice not working well and Mira being more than a little unhappy about finding out her character was supposed to be male, that part was dropped.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th 14, 11:18   #109
Sannra
Lurker

i'm glad they dropped it. It would have been crazy in a way. I've nothing against experiments but when you see her later changed in this love theme you would always think: "she's male, she's male." So i prefer her being female right from the beginning.

are there already any movie news?
Sannra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th 14, 12:32   #110
Jan
Psi Cop

Nothing other than we already know: JMS plans to write it in 2015 and produce it in 2016. He'll invite WB to participate but plans to make it with or without them.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote