• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Green! Purple!

I blame JMS for this one. ;)

And this one

I will be keeping an eye on this thread, because it is only marginally related to B5. If it goes beyond goofing on the fact of the bracelets and wanders into political disucssion or too-explicit sexual references I will close and/or move it. We have fora for those kinds of discussions.

BTW, you might want to be careful about wearing any such bracelet if you're going into the hospital anytime soon. Several U.S. hospital chains use color-coded wristbands to flag special classifcations of patients. Three hospitals in the Tampa Bay area started covering or removing yellow Lance Armstrong "Live Strong" wrist-band from patients they were admitting because they happen to use yellow to indicate which patients have signed "Do Not Resuscitate" orders. :)

Regards,

Joe

I see you're agreeing with me on Green! Good, I have JDM on my side. Unless purple gets GKE and Markas, we're sure to win!

I started a thread where the war can take place: Babbleon: Green! Purple!

If somebody wants to talk politics (Off-topic) or the sex connection (NC-17) they can start their own threads and link to them here.

BTW: Red vs. Blue

You've done it. You've induced a death wobble of cognitive dissonance in my mind. Green and purple are my two favorite colors, and I can't choose between them! :mad: :mad: :mad: ;) :p

According to the sex bracelet link, black means intercourse. So can I be on the black team? I sure loves me some intercourse. Mmm-hmm.

By the way, did you notice some of those "alternate meanings" on a few of those colors? Sure makes for a confusing system.

By the way, did you notice some of those "alternate meanings" on a few of those colors? Sure makes for a confusing system.

Apparently the alternate meaning is a regional thing, since this color stuff started more or less independently in different places. So the system would be fairly consistent and clear in any given locality (green would always mean the same thing in the New York metro area, for instance, but might always mean something else in San Francisco.) Kinda like "pop" vs. "soda" or "hero, submarine, wedge, hoagie" for a roughly blimp-shaped sandwich.

Regards,

Joe

You've done it. You've induced a death wobble of cognitive dissonance in my mind. Green and purple are my two favorite colors, and I can't choose between them! :mad: :mad: :mad: ;) :p

Purple's better. ;)

Dude, I think your hair crest is leaning too. What in the galaxy have you been doing?

Wait, don't answer that.... :eek:

Well, if premium memberships would come back, I'd go back to my usual avatar. :) But, since the home site isn't coming back, maybe we all should just get to have our own custom avies...?

If they did, I'd gladly help to make them by request...

Well, if premium memberships would come back, I'd go back to my usual avatar. :)

So, I guess you changed from your usual premium avatar, the site went away, and now you can't change back? Why did you change from your premium avatar?

Yes, I figured as much.

This is all too complicated for a traditional guy like me.
I hope I'm not the only guy who just gets a little drunk and pursues his desired sexual goals by inuendo, humor, and persistence.

So, I guess you changed from your usual premium avatar, the site went away, and now you can't change back? Why did you change from your premium avatar?
No, when I gave up the moderator job, it reverted to "standard member." I just never made a big deal about it because I felt I'd gotten my $15 worth (or whatever it was), and if premium membership got activated again, I'd pay for it again. It's no biggie.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back