• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Official Announcement for S2

The Coming of Shadows is the correct version though (both season and episode name), so nothing wrong there, as far as I can see.

yeah its almost the same, only "Shadows" instead of "The Shadows". my guess is it didnt fit, but i dont know, Coming of Shadows kinda sounds more abstract, if you say The Shadows you know its a race. anyways its something very minor, i can live with it.

ut the artwork itself is ... blah. And not just because it has Sheridan as the most prominent face, but because the face looks... off. Not a very good likeness, IMHO, too much like a fairly lousy drawing.

yeah, it looks that way- but the picture on the site is small and has low quality. im sure once you see the real size it looks great.

There is only one alien on the front cover, Delen. No G'kar or Londo or Vir or Lenier or Kosh. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

yeah its almost the same, only "Shadows" instead of "The Shadows". my guess is it didnt fit, but i dont know, Coming of Shadows kinda sounds more abstract, if you say The Shadows you know its a race. anyways its something very minor, i can live with it.
What I meant was that "The Coming of Shadows" (without the second "the") is *the correct* version, in that this is how the season and episode name was originally created. Check some JMS messages on www.jmsnews.com to see that this is the way he has always referred to the episode and season. Also the season 2 guide (by Jane Killick) is titled The Coming of Shadows (again, no second "the").

I very much doubt it has to do with fitting an extra "the" on the box. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just that this is how the name has always been.

im sure once you see the real size it looks great.
Nothing that has Sheridan on it can look great. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif But of course, this is just my opinion.

And an additional guess, as to why "Shadows" and not "the Shadows"... perhaps that was exactly the intention, to make it more abstract, more poetic, adding an extra dimension to it - referring not just to the coming of the Shadows (the race) but the arrival of dark and difficult times in general?

And an additional guess, as to why "Shadows" and not "the Shadows"... perhaps that was exactly the intention, to make it more abstract, more poetic, adding an extra dimension to it - referring not just to the coming of the Shadows (the race) but the arrival of dark and difficult times in general?

That is exactly the way I have always understood it. Lets face it the major, butt-kicking story point of S2 was the Narn-Centauri war - with important but strictly peripheral involvement from the Shadows.

Calling it The Coming of The Shadows would have served only to reinforce the wrong interpretation of the B5 story as being about the Shadow War alone, with The Shadows as the stereotypical bad guys.

Besides that name better suits S3 than S2.

First off, I'm incredibly psyched for the S2 set. This is fantastic news. It sounds like we all woke WB up from their millenium long slumber with the S1 sales!

I believe part of the confusion is that the Lurker's Guide listed the season and episode as "The Coming of THE Shadows" for a while, IIRC, when in fact the episode and season are titled The Coming of Shadows.

All the best,

-Tim

Great , great news!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can`t wait!!

PS. I think the DVD-cover is cool! Sheridan and Delenn rock in B5! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As someone else noted, the post lists three commentaries - which is one more than the first season had. (Two by JMS, one "gang commentary" by Claudia Christian, Bruce Boxleitner and Jerry Doyle - I forget which episode this is going to be on, but Claudia and Bruce have both mentioned it in recent interviews and/or con appearances.)

i knew about the third, but i was meaning 2 done by JMS, i was hoping for at least 4

Hmmm the cover looks *ok*...ah well, I'll just be happy when it comes out /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, one small nitpick, and I *hope* this problem won't carry over to the season 2 credits like it did in the original Sci-Fi widescreen broadcasts (IIRC):

(SPOIIOLLLLLLLEERRRRRR) Delenn already has her hair!!!!!(SPOILLLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRR)

And so it begins...
--mcn

The Season 2 cover is OK, and as for Delenn's hair, well, at least hers is one of the smaller pictures.

I'm just glad to see *a* Season 2 cover. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You know, with that hair, Sheridan looks sort of Conan O'Brien-ish. I second, Kribu's "Eww."

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Za_Ha_Dum: </font color>
Today, January 6th I got official message from WHV informing the following:

Street date for Season Two: April, 29th, 2003

Special Features:
Introduction by producer/creator J. Michael Straczynski and various cast members
2 episode commentaries by producer/creator J. Michael Straczynski
Episode commentary by cast members Bruce Boxleitner, Claudia Christian and Jerry Doyle
Building Babylon: Blueprint of an Episode featurette
Shadows and Dreams: Honors of Babylon featurette
The Universe of Babylon 5 data/tech/personnel files
Babylon 5 Timeline
Original episode promos

Box Set Color: Blue
Box Art: Sheridan in the foreground and Garibaldi, Delenn, Talia and Ivanova in the background. Narn batle ship in the foreground.

I have a question. How did you get word? Are you on some sort of Warner Brothers email list?

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Za_Ha_Dum: </font color>
I believe everybody is happy, right? I am.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Of course! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
<font color="orange">As someone else noted, the post lists three commentaries - which is one more than the first season had.</font color>
Someone else? Joe, I am deeply hurt. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And to the above comments about calling it "The Coming of Shadows" and not calling it "The Comming of THE Shadows" as was stated, the correct name is "The Coming of Shadows." IMO if the season and the episode was called The Coming of The Shadows, then it would be more of a spolier, than the way it is today. Coming of Shadows adds mystery as it very vague and could have lots of meanings, instead of sounding like it referrs to a specific race.

So in the end im the only one who prefers "The Coming of THE Shadows"? heh, im used to this. The thing about not beeing very specific is interesting, but Coming of Shadows doesnt feel right to me for some reason /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Another way to look at your little dilemma is how you would refer to the name of a race anyway. If someone asked you what the race that eats dead bodies is called, would you say "They are called The Pak'Ma'Ra" or would you say "They are called Pak'Ma'Ra". Or the race with the standing hair "They are called Centauri." When you add a THE in front of the name, it makes it seem like some sort of cult. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's not about preference. You seemed to think they've made a mistake in naming the set, but that's simply how it's "always been".

JMS named the season (and the episode) "The Coming of Shadows", and it really doesn't matter what any of us would prefer to call it.

Bruce's face does look a bit funky. It almost looks like he has latex cheek enhancement or someting. It looks like he had a botched face lift a'la Jerry Jones.

Re: WB Store

That's because they have a single category for Horror and Science Fiction, not becasue B5 is a combination of the two. Spawn and The House on Haunted Hill are also listed as "Horror/Sci-Fi".

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back