• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Official Announcement for S2

Za_Ha_Dum

Regular
Hi everybody:

Today, January 6th I got official message from WHV informing the following:

Street date for Season Two: April, 29th, 2003

Special Features:
Introduction by producer/creator J. Michael Straczynski and various cast members
2 episode commentaries by producer/creator J. Michael Straczynski
Episode commentary by cast members Bruce Boxleitner, Claudia Christian and Jerry Doyle
Building Babylon: Blueprint of an Episode featurette
Shadows and Dreams: Honors of Babylon featurette
The Universe of Babylon 5 data/tech/personnel files
Babylon 5 Timeline
Original episode promos

Box Set Color: Blue
Box Art: Sheridan in the foreground and Garibaldi, Delenn, Talia and Ivanova in the background. Narn batle ship in the foreground.

I believe everybody is happy, right? I am.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just hope no real war starts, otherwise we might have delays....

Take care all.....

CADU
Za_Ha_Dum

Brilliant! Time to start saving money again! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I always wish there were more extras. But I think they are being very reasonable with what they are offering.

It'll almost be summer break before season 2 is out, though.
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Ah, well, better late and well made, eh? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On sale April 29th, I May buy Season 2. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Expect the standard 1 months delay so it will probably appear at the end of May.

I read that as at LEAST 3 commentaries.

2 by JMS
1 by the other actors mentioned (all together in 1 commentary)

OR it could mean that each actor did their own as well, but I think it means what I listed above.

Either way, Im happy already. Im loving S1. The Dolby 5.1 sounds GREAT! The scenes in "By Any Means Necessary" where the workers are striking sounds amazing with surround speakers. Its like you are there and its erupting all around you. I can wait for more if it in Season 2.

damn, only 2 commentaries?

As someone else noted, the post lists three commentaries - which is one more than the first season had. (Two by JMS, one "gang commentary" by Claudia Christian, Bruce Boxleitner and Jerry Doyle - I forget which episode this is going to be on, but Claudia and Bruce have both mentioned it in recent interviews and/or con appearances.)

Regards,

Joe

I seem to remember the "gang" commentary was going to be on "The Long, Twilight Struggle".

Anyway, April seems too far away /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cover art picture:
http://store.warnervideo.com/whv.product.asp?upc=085392424221&fmt=dv&mscssid=MUUG0BXEEHX48KC4LNQP2S0BHVTJ27C2
085392424221.jpg

I liked first season picture better, but it's quite ok. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ewww. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Oh well. I suppose it could have been worse... and after all, how much time would I spend looking at the box itself anyway?

I definitely have to start saving money for S2. I prefered the S1 box too, G'Kar looks way cooler. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re: "I definitely have to start saving money for S2. I prefered the S1 box too, G'Kar looks way cooler."

Perhaps, but maybe having Bruce on the cover will entice new people. Those that are fans of Bruce, at any rate. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i think this one is cooler, i like blue /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif btw that´s a Centauri Cruiser, not narn i think heh.

one thing bothers me though, The Comming of Shadows instead of The Comming of The Shadows. but other than that it looks perfect.

Im not sure if i can wait for May though, I hope it comes out sooner in r2 than r1 like signs and portents /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Not Kribu, though. Considereing the fact that Kribu hates Sheridan and Delenn, I'd say it's a minor miracle that she even finished watching the series. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ah, the awesome power of G'kar. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

one thing bothers me though, The Comming of Shadows instead of The Comming of The Shadows. but other than that it looks perfect.
The Coming of Shadows is the correct version though (both season and episode name), so nothing wrong there, as far as I can see. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The blue is nice.. but the artwork itself is ... blah. And not just because it has Sheridan as the most prominent face, but because the face looks... off. Not a very good likeness, IMHO, too much like a fairly lousy drawing. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Back