• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Perhaps a movie influenced by B5 World

Za_Ha_Dum

Regular
Well....

I just watched a movie trailer, namely: "SkyCaptain and the World of Tomorrow". Has a lot of CGI. Besides, a kind of metal eagle, which is the enemy, has a sound of a Shadow ship. Check at: www.skycaptain.com and tell me if you agree.

Regards,

Cadu
Zahadum

I am not certain this movie was influenced by anything B5. Actually the sound of the Shadow Ships reminded me more of the Wring Wraiths in Lord of the Rings...so if anything B5 was influenced in part by that (for that particular piece).

However this movie "Sky Captain" looked VERY Familiar to me and I am not sure why. Part of it reminds me of that cartoon by Disney "Tail Spin" with all the weird flying aircraft. The XBox game "Crimson Skies" also has many qualities that this movie seems to have.

But there is something about it that I just can't place. The movie does remind me of something but I dont know what.

The film is a direct homage to the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons that played in movie theatres from 1941 to 1943. The movie is shot so surrealistically, it almost looks like a cartoon. And since CGI is animation, I suppose it is.

1572523034.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Actually the sound of the Shadow Ships reminded me more of the Wring Wraiths in Lord of the Rings...so if anything B5 was influenced in part by that (for that particular piece).
Don't you mean the screams in Sky Captain were influenced by the Ring Wraiths in the Lord of the Rings?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back