• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What`s your favourite B5-episode ?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by A_Ranger:
<font color=yellow>I'm pretty sure we've already had this thread (several times). So you should check through old threads before bringing up a topic that has already been covered. I know there are probably plenty of newbies who haven't participated in that discussion, but you can always bring back the old thread instead of starting a new one.

Sorry if I sound like I'm attacking you or anything. I'm not. Just suggesting that you look back at old threads before starting a "new" one.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Who put you in charge? Some of us actually work over 40 hours a week, and come here to relax. If Antony said "no old thread topics should be started anew" I'd adhere to that. Well, either that or I’d leave and never come back here.

Both "Newbi Tolerance" and "Tolerance for the Employed" must be considered, too. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif
I have noticed a strange impatience from time to time with anyone who isn’t as seasoned in B5 and this board. As an educator, I can tell you that the same questions come up over and over again for a very good reason. If you don’t like the repeated threads, then don’t read them. That’s the simplest and fairest solution, IMO.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hypatia:
<font color=yellow>Who put you in charge? Some of us actually work over 40 hours a week, and come here to relax. If Antony said "no old thread topics should be started anew" I'd adhere to that. Well, either that or I’d leave and never come back here.

Both "Newbi Tolerance" and "Tolerance for the Employed" must be considered, too. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif
I have noticed a strange impatience from time to time with anyone who isn’t as seasoned in B5 and this board. As an educator, I can tell you that the same questions come up over and over again for a very good reason. If you don’t like the repeated threads, then don’t read them. That’s the simplest and fairest solution, IMO.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I stated I wasn't attacking and that I was suggesting. Simple as that. I was suggesting that newbies make an effort to become familiar with the board before jumping in. Any good educator would tell their students to do their research.

I do. I also teach them tolerance for others. I was reading just a minute ago a thread on A.I. in another forum. I've seen threads on A.I. since it came out. I still don't object to a new one. If no one wants to talk about it, the thread will fade away very quickly. I love problems that solve themselves!

It seems to work for me. In the case of Rangers, I can see why strict guidelines were needed.

Speaking of which, congrats to the moderators for doing such a good job with that. And the spoilers warnings and such. I was amazed at how smoothly that all went. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hypatia:
<font color=yellow> I love problems that solve themselves!
/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
But you're really only talking about short term solutions....and now this is digressing... back to the topic at hand...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr><font color=yellow>If you had to pick just one B5-episode as your absolute favourite , which one would it be?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote> It's impossible to pick just one /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif, so I'll do it season-by-season.

1: Chrysalis
2: Coming of Shadows
3: Z'Ha'Dum
4: Into The Fire
5: Sleeping in Light

Severed Dreams, Z'Ha'Dum, Now For A Word and In The Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

If I am allowed a two-parter I would pick War Without End. It is a little movie which tells the whole story in two episodes. It's got both the Captains, exciting story line, Zathras, ...... Of course you still have to be a B5 fan to understand it, but for a favourite, that's mine.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jomar:
If I am allowed a two-parter I would pick War Without End. <hr></blockquote>
I might ask to pick an arc-releated episode and a stand-alone episode.

My favorite arc episode is also definitely War Without End.

My favorite stand-alone episode would definitely be Waiting for Gethsemane. I still feel that might be the best episode of any series I've ever seen. It had brilliant writing, acting, everything. I also like that there was no clear "thems the good guys, thems the bad guys" in it, as much as we might want to sympathize with one character. I think everyone could see where there really was a fundamental problem here.

I am finding it interesting to see everyone's choices here. I think if you posed this question to enough B5 fans, eventually each episode would come up at least once! It really was a fantastic series.

I hope someday we can see more from the B5 Universe.

*thinks* i hate to sound like i'm picking, really, but i thought that was "Passing Through Gethsemane"
if i'm wrong: sorry about that.

Favorite episode....'Comes the Inquisitor'

Yes, that's the correct title. I was just guessing. It has been awhile since I've seen it.

A lot of people will agree with you about the "Inquisitor" episode too. I've seen many people post about this episode and it is very popular.

Arrggggg too many to choose just one but here are some of my favortites in no particular order- Severed Dreams, Voices of Authority, Zha'Ha'Dum, Fall of Centauri Prime, War without End and Sleeping in Light..

For some reason, I never really count Sleeping in Light when I think of my favorite ep of B5. I guess it's just a bit too sad for me to call my favorite. I would say it is one of the most emotional.

I just wish someone would make a new series that could be sold to a network with the same depth, intricate plotlines, and emotional intensity as B5. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

I don't count Sleeping in Light simply because it's the season finale. It's not a regular episode (it doesn't even have a title sequence). Naturally, it's one of my favorites, but since it isn't a regular episode, I don't think it should count

Come to think of it Deconstruction of stars was truly excellent, I always wonder what happens in the future and JMS takes us into a possible b5 related future, furthermore I loved the scene with the academics, where they dessected and broke sheridan down. Delenn comes out from isolation and syas her piece.
Humans are so arrogant when it comes to discussing the subject after it's taken place. They weren't in the shadow war they didn't see friends and companions die. They weren't part of a genocide that will take the species several hundreds years to recover, if they ever do. Furthermore JMS is probably a realist with an optomist hiding somewhere in that psyche. It isn't all roses in the future, it's damn hard yet we manage to survive. It's a good episode reflecting on life in general!
Deconstruction of stars

Babylon Squared and The War Without End, have to be my favorites, along with Severed Dreams.

Rommie

Back