• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Indy IV starts shooting....

Well I don't consider it a sequel, because it "re told" parts of the Batman story that the first group of movies covered...it just did it in more depth and did it better --- how a young Bruce Wayne became Batman. In the original Batman movie this was shown in small detail. Batman Begins spent more time focusing on it, and basically tried to "restart" the franchise in the movies, if you will.

IMHO it can't in any way be called a prequel, because they have broken of significantly from the film continuity... Gordon's rank when he comes to know of Batman, the Joker not being the killer of Brruce's parents... being two that spring to mind.

I heard Superman returns did something similar in that it told about Clark Kent's younger years...but I havent seen it so I dont know. I just heard it was full of suck.

There is only really one flashback sequence and it isn't a majorly long scene. It has Clark running through the cornfields and bounding high into the sky. He tries to jump from a water tower over to the barn and falls through the roof. As he is about to hit the floor, he ends up hovering above the ground... and is aware he can fly.

And thats it.

It doesn't really rewrite anything already established. Sure, Superman first takes flight upon leaving the Fortress of Solitude after spending a long time talking to Jor El's hologram.

It doesn't do anymore than imply that it is the first time he flies. So IMHO there isn't really any contradiction.

I liked the film BTW.

I have a question.

When it came to speculation about more B5 in movies and using the original cast for that, people spoke over and over and over again about how "old" the actors would look.

How come no one has so much as mentioned that aspect with the Indy movies?

Do you hold Babylon 5 actors to a higher "aging" standard? :)

Superman Returns was overly whimsical and a lavish sequel / follow-on to Supes 1+2.
but it was still rather good, at least for me, and I usually Make Mine Marvel (TM). Lex Luthor stole the show.

Batman Begins is the start of a whole new continuity, hence the name. This has been stated over and over by its producers. Its a common trick in comics and elsewhere, so not much a suprise / issue for me.

Back to MY topic, how cool is Indy Jones IV gonna be...

aw heck, Lucas wrote the script!!1

How come no one has so much as mentioned that aspect with the Indy movies?

First off, its movie (singular) not movies. There is just the one being filmed. Second, the reason no one is saying or complaining about how much older Harrison Ford looks, is because the movie is set some 20+ years after the last movie...so Indiana Jones would have aged about that much as well. So continuity wise, its a perfect fit. They wrote the story to accommodate the actor's age.

Make sense? :)

Yeah, I remember that as well, that Temple of Doom predated Lost Ark. Crusade came after. I was hoping they'd bring Karen Allen back. She was the best Indy femme-hero from all three films.

Lacks a certain punch, doesn't it? A few too many syllables. They either need to drop "Kingdom" or "Crystal."

I'm beginning to suspect this is another Temple of Doom.

I agree 100%

He might argue of course that Raiders of the Lost Ark had as many... but that was before Indy was a franchise, and there was no "Indiana Jones and" in front of it.

I wish he'd stop with the verbal diaorrhea.

Nice. Can't wait.

I still wish it would have been about something really cool like Atlantis. The Crystal Skull thing has been done a few times before, but not in very interesting ways. Some Indy books dealt with him searching for the Crystal Skull, and hell, even Stargate SG1 had an episode or two dealing with them (with of course their own extra-terrestrial spin on the legend).

And, just to recap:

Good Indy Movies
1) Searching for Ark of The Covanent
2) Searching for the Holy Grail

Below Average Indy Movie
3) Searching for the "Sankara Stones"

Keep the quests to things of biblical proportions people! :)

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to it and hope its going to be a good show. The trailer had some great scenes and looks like it could be another classic Indy movie.

I love the way they've edited the crack of the whip to the beat of the music when he swings over the the warehouse.

Back