• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Garibaldi *has* been acting kinda strange since he got back, hasn't he? Hmmm...

I'm not gonna tell you, you'd hate me!

Jan

You are just like Bester, crazyhorse? LOL

I have watched "Epiphanies"...wow! What a fascinating episode! It brings out my friend, Bester, in a very different light, especially where Lyta is concerned. She is more powerful than he surmised, isn't she?

Also, what is going on with the weird message to Garibaldi and all that stuff...resigning, etc.?

You will get an answer to Garibaldi and that whole plot arc before S4 ends, I will say no more

If Bester had man boobs he could be my twin :LOL:

Lyta shocked Bester right enough,he was supposed to be more powerful than her and found out she far oustripped him.

Yeah Garibaldi has his moody moments,they all do on this show.

A few good twists and turns yet in this series.

I forgot to mention the ending of "Epiphanies." What a creepy, evil creature that is growing on the regent's neck! I imagine I'll find out what and why that is at some point.

Watched "Illusion of Truth" last night. How frightening is that? Talk about the power of the Fourth Estate! I found it a particularly disturbing story about what the media can do to truth. I imagine they do that, too.

Then, there's Garibaldi's betrayal...all part of the brainwashing, I'm sure. How terrible!

I forgot to mention the ending of "Epiphanies." What a creepy, evil creature that is growing on the regent's neck! I imagine I'll find out what and why that is at some point.

Indeed you will, but don't forget that you've seen one before: War Without End in season 3, when Sheridan visits his future briefly after becoming 'unstuck in time' on B4. A certain Centauri Emperor who's taken Sheridan and Delenn captive explains his out of character behaviour by pointing out that 'we all have our keepers' as he gestures to one on his shoulder, and explains that if he drinks just enough, he can put it to sleep and be himself again, for a little while.

Also, what is going on with the weird message to Garibaldi and all that stuff...resigning, etc.?
I don't think you want to know about that. Wait and see. :D

Indeed you will, but don't forget that you've seen one before: War Without End in season 3, when Sheridan visits his future briefly after becoming 'unstuck in time' on B4. A certain Centauri Emperor who's taken Sheridan and Delenn captive explains his out of character behaviour by pointing out that 'we all have our keepers' as he gestures to one on his shoulder, and explains that if he drinks just enough, he can put it to sleep and be himself again, for a little while.

Yes...I remember! That's why it seemed familiar. Oh, brother! Yikes!!!

Just saw "Atonement." What an enjoyable episode. I loved the history of the impure Minbaris. Valen's daughter...great!!!

I particularly loved the wonderful tribute to Gilbert and Sullivan at the end. Fabulous!!!

I almost forgot to mention how much I also enjoyed the first part of this story...about Zack. He has become an absolutely wonderful character and Jeff Conaway plays him beautifully. If I have any complaint at all about this episode, it's that one gets so wrapped up in what is happening with Delenn that it is easy to miss the great initial segment about Zack.

I just got the series on DVD recently and have been watching it from beginning to end. I'm ready to start season 2 tonight.

But unlike ilikemike, I have seen the series more times than I can count, so I don't have any fun newbie comments to add. :LOL:

Just saw 'Racing Mars.' Although I'm really ticked at Garibaldi, I feel that he's under an influence and has no idea what he's doing. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I laughed so hard in the Mars part...imagine...Franklin and Marcus as a 'young married couple.' Some real good lines there. Also, 'custody of the children' and the Honeymoon Suite. That was hysterical. :p

What can I say about 'Woo-hoo?' ROTFLOL :LOL: :LOL:

Why does JMS have this "thing" about parasites on people? Yucky!!!!

Writers are always told, "Write about what you know." JMS writes for television, which means he deals with studios, production companies, agents, lawyers, managers and networks. In short, he knows a thing or two about parasites , so it is only natural that he writes about them. :)

Joe

Writers are always told, "Write about what you know." JMS writes for television, which means he deals with studios, production companies, agents, lawyers, managers and networks. In short, he knows a thing or two about parasites , so it is only natural that he writes about them. :)

Joe

I can clearly see the frustrated inspiration for the line:

"You know that . . . you know that you are smaller than I thought you were?
You are smaller. There are more of you. There are more of you!"

Joe

That's wonderful, Joe!!!! He would do that, too, wouldn't he?

I have let this slide, haven't I? Time to get back to viewing now that Christmastime is past. I'll bet you all thought you lost me.

I still can't get the last couple episodes I saw out of my mind. I can still hear Marcus singing "Pirates of Penzance" ad nauseum. It's one of my favorites.

You know, I´m big Mulder-fan, but when you compare his panic-face in the XF-movie and the face that Bruce makes as Sheridan in Delenns quarter (when he sees the other Minbari for the ritual) and in the woo-hoo-lift-scene with Lennier, I think BB is the absolute winner !!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back