• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WB announcement due on ...

As I wrote a couple of hours ago on JMSnews, SciFi Weekly posted an article named WB Close To Jack Pickup, where it says: The WB makes its official schedule announcement on May 18 in New York.

Does anyone know at what time??

Sometimes, IamSheridan

Yup. Their feature film division is by no means beholden to the same timetable as their TV division.

It'll get released when it's time.

Yup. Their feature film division is by no means beholden to the same timetable as their TV division.

It'll get released when it's time.

Assuming that it's not a 2.35x1 series. :LOL:

But JMS said that "when it rains it pours", or what words he used. There may be a series/miniseries also. Let's hope so...

/IamS

"B5 in spades". I know we've all cracked that difficult code he used and know there's a feature film in the works. But the subtler hint may well point to a new series, as well. I know I'll be watching for the WBTV schedule release.

And since no one has pointed it out yet, JMS also mentioned the "Ides of May" as a significant date. The 18th is pretty close to the Ides (which, contrary to popular belief, are not always on the 15th).

Man! It's hard to type with your fingers crossed!

"B5 in spades". I know we've all cracked that difficult code he used and know there's a feature film in the works. But the subtler hint may well point to a new series, as well. I know I'll be watching for the WBTV schedule release.

And since no one has pointed it out yet, JMS also mentioned the "Ides of May" as a significant date. The 18th is pretty close to the Ides (which, contrary to popular belief, are not always on the 15th).

Man! It's hard to type with your fingers crossed!

JMS actually said, " starting about the Ides of May, look to..." so, you're right we shouldn't expect to hear exactly on the 15th, but we should wait until at least the 15th before we start looking for it

I don't think there CAN be a series for next season (which is what all the announcements are about) - there just isn't time. I am pretty sure, though, that at least some of the talk JMS has referred to has been about the possibility of another series if the feature does well. It makes sense for "down the road."

However, I don't believe that it is coincidental that B5 and Crusade are being shown nowhere worldwide right now. It may be that the WB has something in the works regarding the already-finished products.

The 18th is pretty close to the Ides (which, contrary to popular belief, are not always on the 15th.

...except in March, May, July and October, when it is. For all the other months, it's the 13th.

The 18th is pretty close to the Ides (which, contrary to popular belief, are not always on the 15th.

...except in March, May, July and October, when it is. For all the other months, it's the 13th.
So expect the announcement this week.

Has WB films arranged a press conference at Cannes or New York?

Huh? Doesn't "Ides" mean middle of the month? So January, for instance has 31 days, so the 16th would be the middle of the month? Under this theory, even Feb (When not a leap year) would be the 14th? Not being argumentative, just really confused as to what exactly the "Ides of a month" is then?

Huh? Doesn't "Ides" mean middle of the month? So January, for instance has 31 days, so the 16th would be the middle of the month? Under this theory, even Feb (When not a leap year) would be the 14th? Not being argumentative, just really confused as to what exactly the "Ides of a month" is then?

I looked it up, and posted what my dictionary had. ;)

Enough of this! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't care if the Ides are the 13th, 15th, 18th or 75th of the month!

The announcement is coming soon. That is all I care about!

(It had better come soon, as I am going completely loopy :p)

Loopy is right. I can't wait to find out what's going on.

There's probably a feature film, and maybe a "series if film does well" tacked on to the back of that... and, of course, all the media merchandising that you'd expect.

That's spades. :)

Huh? Doesn't "Ides" mean middle of the month?

Not really. The ides, the nones and the kalends (whence our word "calendar") are the days the Romans used to divide their 28-day lunar months before Julius Caesar imported the solar calendar from Egypt. The Romans didn't think about time the way we do. They identified years by who held the office of consul ("In the year Gaius Julius Caesar and Bibulus were consuls") They didn't "number" their days, and their "week" was 10 days long. If you wanted to make an appointment with someone you didn't agree to meet on the 12th of a month, but rather "three days before the ides" or "eight days after the nones". Because lunar calendars quickly fall out of synch with the solar year, whole extra weeks and months were sometimes inserted into a year by the overseers of the Roman state religion (who had authority over the calendar) to bring the months and the seasons back into line - when the Pontifex Maximus (the chief priest) was a stickler for such things, anyway. When he wasn't the whole issue was ignored for years until enough of an error was built up that major action was needed to fix things.

Because of these differences it is really hard to relate dates like "the Ides of March" (or of May) to our calendar - two major reforms and several revolutions in astronomy removed from the world of the Late Republic and early Empire when time was still measure that way.

In any event, JMS never said "on the ides". :)

Regards,

Joe

Of course people, that all depends on if "phase 2" gets worked out according to the timetable he had when he made that post. If the negotiating phase takes longer than planned...we will have to wait longer than the ides of may to hear the news...

Of course people, that all depends on if "phase 2" gets worked out according to the timetable he had when he made that post. If the negotiating phase takes longer than planned...we will have to wait longer than the ides of may to hear the news...
Arggh, why do you have to be right?
Yeah, caution here. i honestly think we will get an announcement when we get an announcement, it could be the 15th, it could be the 18th, it could be September. Things rarely go according to plan, especially in Hollywood and especially with regards to B5.
None of this will stop me checking JMS news three times a day, natch.

Very true. He should have said "Expect it, when you see it." :LOL:

Very true. He should have said "Expect it, when you see it." :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back