• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official BSG S3 Spoiler Thread

Sorry recoil, was not clear enough. Check the wikki article I linked to.

By the 'end', I meant the end of the original theatrical movie release, that was made up of edited chuncks of the first four or so TV episodes. That movie had the ending where Baltar dies.

In the tv series episodes, he survives the inital story arc, get promoted with his own base-star and gains the silly robot which hangs around.

As for Galactica 1980. (shudder).

Galactica 1980....I would like to forget that ever existed. We should merge a thread about 1980 with the one about Star Wars the Holiday Edition.

I remember they had motorcycles that could fly and could be cloaked or turned invisible. What I never understood though was why Earth was behind them technologically. You would think they would be ahead since they were suppose to be lost colonies that left Caprica many centons ago.

Oh yeah, there was also the crappy episode where they go back to WWII or something like that...vipers vs. airplanes..

Yes, Friday must come soon so we can get this thread back on topic and off...well...Im not even going to mention it again.

What I never understood though was why Earth was behind them technologically. You would think they would be ahead since they were suppose to be lost colonies that left Caprica many centons ago.

Though I have no love for Galactic 80 you have to remember the original series intro which gives a perfectly good explanation as to why Earth is behind in tech, namely the line:

"tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the egyptians, the aztecs, the tolteks or the mayans"

If that is the case, it's clear that when Earth was colonised, it's new occupants gradually lost the ability to reproduce their technology... or had a "Great Burn" type incident which erased knowledgeof that technology.

I didn't like the idea of Galactica reaching a modern Earth... the original series seemed to be pointing towards an advanced First One state Earth being the salvation of colonial mankind. Galactica 80 was a direct betrayal of that concept.

In my opinion there are onlt two ways you can go and make it a good ending: light - Galactica reaches a future Earth that helps them make a last stand against the cylons or creates a lasting peace... or dark - the Galactica reaches an ancient Earth and has to take on the cylons alone or lead them away in order to protect the planet... the survivors or some emissaries remaining behind to help develop the Earth's civilisations.

Also, did anyone notice this season, in the opening credits, where they say there are 41,000 survivors, where last season it was the 50,000 number? The population of humanity took a 20% drop between season 2 and season 3. That is significant.

Wasn't it quite a bit less than 50k after six's nuke blew up Cloud 9?

Anders thought he was signing up to see justice done, i liked how Kara told him to leave because she was scared she would hurt him if he stayed. I wonder if she took his name? Plus he will be back later in the season.

That whole scene with Anders was just dumb to watch. When they were talking with Jammer before they spaced him Chief was the one questioning whether or not he should be spaced, and Anders was basically saying "c'mon man, let's just do this already". Then, right after Jammer is spaced Anders says "this isn't what I signed up for" as if he had been forced into it by the others, but HE was the one pushing it. That line would've made a lot more sense for the chief to say, as he was actually coerced and prodded into it whereas Anders was the one doing the pushing and then acting like someone else had pushed him. It was like the wrong actor read the line.

I took it more as Anders was completely comfortable with that one because the evidence was so strong, but, the one he objected to he didn't feel comfortable with.

The theme of the show was that revenge is not so sweet.

- Anders learns that early. He figured he would be pleased to eliminate collaborators, but once he actually had to do it, he felt himself doing things that, to put it a bit melodramatically, cost him his soul.
He wasn't really against the whole thing on principle per say: he never tried to stop it, he just quit it, for himself.

- The guy that lost his son realised that the pain was just as bad... even worse, perhaps... after killing the guy.
(This is why the pro-death-penaly argument of, "Wouldn't you want the brutal murderer of a loved one of yours to be killed?" Well, yes, yes I certainly would... so?)

- Anders tried to convey this to Starbuck and failed.

Aaaaaand I'm officially caught up. *pant pant*

It's a little late in the evening to post all my thoughts, however, so I'll leave you with that.

Do tell. You lost me there. Also, I don't remember a ton of DS9 Season 7, except the finale, so thats probably why.

The founders (changlings) all of a sudden got some disease that threatened to kill them all, which the federation was able to use to leverage victory. IIRC, the federation had to wrestel with the moral decisions of using it annihilate their enemy or not.

This all-of-a-sudden disease, as well as the previews, make it look like it might be something similar. Of course it may be a red herring, which I'm hoping for, because Ron Moore worked on DS9 (though I don't know if he left before season 7 for his brief stint on Voyager).

I'm mostly worried that it'll infect "our" Sharon, i.e. the newly-named "Athena." (Personally I think "Chromedome" would have been a better callsign, but I'm just really glad that Galactica's crew is accepting her.)

In a way it's not completely out of nowhere. We had the nebula at the Ragnar Anchorage back in the miniseries, which had a bad effect on the Cylons, so we've already seen that the toasters can suffer from their surrounding environments.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back