• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost Season Finale (SPOILERS)

I like it Joe, it mostly tracks with my thinking.

It may go a little further with some kind of genetic manipulation/Cloning as well. The actor who plays Sawyer (Josh Holloway) made comments in interviews between Season 1 that "twins" had a big something to do with all this, and of course there is the Book "Bad Twin" (Although the Powers that be claim nothing substantial for the plot is revealed in the book). Watching the last scene of the finale with Penny's Henchman, the guy making the phone looks like Matthew Fox (Jack) even though he is credited as having his own name. I saw a screen cap, on another site, and thought it must've been doctored. But, I watched the episode again over the weekend, and freeze framed. I gotta say, if that's not Matt Fox playing that character, they found one hell of a dead ringer. It looks just like him. There was talk about Kate's toes quite a bit in Season 1 (People said she had no toes in Whatever The Case May Be, LOL, as well as the scene with her letting the sand was over her toes. Maybe one or both of the twins connected with whatever exactly is going on have only 4 toes?) Who knows, maybe that's what Good means? I've never been convinced that "Good" means having pure and innocent or good of heart, I've always felt "good" just means "suits their purpose", like "The Marines are looking for a Few Good Men". I also still can't let go of the numbers, and still feel like invoking the numbers has some kind of ability to manipulate the laws of probability.

Minor question though about Michael leading them to somewhere completely different than the Others' camp .. if so, how did Sayid know about the rock with the hole in it?

I'm probably just forgetting something. Or it's a plot hole :D

Other than the mathematical formula what does Pi represent? I don't recall tails though, just an open square.

Michael described the Rock formation.

In that case, didn't he lead them to the other's camp, not somewhere else? IIRC, that was right at their camp..

He told them he was taking them to the place Sayid found, but, he didn't actually lead Jack, et al to the place he said he was leading them to.

Joe,

I like your theory and it fits a lot of the facts. Maybe the island was an "Atlantis-like" civilization at some point. One question about your theory. Where does the polar bear fit into that sucker?

Where does the polar bear fit into that sucker?

One of the experimental animals. There was a notation somewhere in the Dharma materials about how the animals were adapting to the island. Also if the Portuguese guys were in Tierra del Fuego, they're right around the corner from Antarctica. ;) Finally there's the whole Bermuda Triangle/Atlantis "wormhole" theory that gets kicked around in the sort of circles that takes that stuff seriously. That could help explain how the ship got from Africa to somewhere in the Pacific, and maybe how a polar bear ended up on the island. It would be funny if next year started with Locke and Eko wandering around in the snow. :)

Regards,

Joe

Watching the last scene of the finale with Penny's Henchman, the guy making the phone looks like Matthew Fox (Jack) even though he is credited as having his own name. I saw a screen cap, on another site, and thought it must've been doctored. But, I watched the episode again over the weekend, and freeze framed. I gotta say, if that's not Matt Fox playing that character, they found one hell of a dead ringer. It looks just like him.

I went back and watched it again. I can definitely see the resemblance when he's looking down, but straight on you can tell it's a very different actor.

I think the resemblence is uncanny, even seeing the actor without the scruff on his face (The nose may be slightly different, but...and I'm not one who goes in for the "The husband of the pregnant woman Christian killed is Ethan" sort of thing. The guy does have his own IMDB page and his own credits, but, I gotta say I don't buy the Producers are amazed people thought it was Matt Fox, they hired this guy deliberately, to, at the very least throw us off.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0502653/

The Polar Bear was shown in the Dharma Orientation Video for Swan station when they named off the six areas of study, so I think that pretty well confirms the Polar Bear(s) are there for experimentation (Now wether that means they brought them or they occurred some other way, no telling.

Joe, are you saying the Earth is riddled with wormholes? If that's not what you're saying I'm confused what your point is about Antartica/Bermuda and Nigeria/CrapHole island.

I have another point that I find interesting about this entire second season...and about one of the last couple scenes of the finale. Something that always bothered me.

As it turned out, pressing the button seemed to be important, right? They didn't press it, and all kinds of weird shit happened. So here is where I'm fuzzy.

1) If the button was so important, then why did "The Others" seem to pay no attention to it at all, and just leave it up to the Dharma lackies? Seems like they never checked on them. Just kind of assumed all was well. If the button was that critical, then why didn't they have a team of their own there to make damn sure the numbers were entered?

2) After the "anomaly" happened when Desmond turned the key, and the sky went white, and everyone started covering their ears...a couple minutes after that it seemed business as usual for "Henry" and the rest of "The Others." If something like that happened, like the destruction of the hatch possibly, and all that energy released, you would think they would have at least shown some concern, adn they didn'.

Thoughts?

Well, The "others" seem to believe Jack's side of the island is off limits (That's why they couldn't go get "Henry" themselves) and they believe they are the Good Guys. I get the impression the Dharmites are the bad guys. Therefore, the "Others" aren't reporting to Dharma.

Perhaps the "Others" don't get along as well with Smokey as Eko did?

Locke was right that pushing the button is a sentence, he just was wrong to be so adamant about stopping Eko from pushing it.

Also, what did happen, other than stuff being tossed around? Was there any major consequences that were long lasting of not pushing the button? I think turning off the fail safe is far more consequential than simply missing a button pushing and then getting it pushed. Maybe they don't know the white light and sound are a consequence of turning the key

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back