• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

How different would B5 had been...

Sinclair

How different would B5 have been had the cast from The Gathering been the cast throughout the course of the run?

Imagine the love stories revolving around Dr. Kyle instead of Franklin. :LOL: Takashima probably wouldn't have been all that different from Ivanova, just shooting Garibaldi in the back, if I remember correctly from how it was supposed to be.

G'Kar's look would be a bit different, as would Delenn's, until she became a Human/Minbari hybrid. I don't think too many viewers would be able to fall in love with her.

We would have Lyta the entire time, with no Talia, and their stories would probably be almost one and the same.

And then we have Guerra, played by none other than Ed Wasser. Just think if that had been a recurring character. Could you imagine anyone else playing Morden?

Just some food for thought.

We would have Lyta the entire time, with no Talia, and their stories would probably be almost one and the same.
If Lyta had stayed there would not have been Ironheart.
Lyta would have connected to Kosh through her dreams.
Lyta is unlikely to have acquired Takashima second personality; it probably would have gone to Ivanova or Garibaldi.
Psi Corps would have chased Lyta for her illegal scan of Kosh.

Lyta is unlikely to have acquired Takashima second personality; it probably would have gone to Ivanova or Garibaldi.

Well, if going under the speculative ponderings of Sinclair's post, if all the characters from "The Gathering" were kept over into the series, Takashima would have still been around to have the implanted personality herself and it wouldn't have been there to be transfered to another character as it played out in show.

Would the illegality of it really be why the PsiCorps would be after her though? I would figure they'd be more obsessed with trying to gain some knowledge about the Vorlons from her time in Kosh's mind.

Would the illegality of it really be why the PsiCorps would be after her though? I would figure they'd be more obsessed with trying to gain some knowledge about the Vorlons from her time in Kosh's mind.
Possibly but the Psi Cops would have told Garibaldi that the reason was the illegal scan.

That wouldn't have happened because the original plan for Takashima's character would have taken her out of the picture way before the fifth season and Byron's arrival on the station.

I believe the plan was for Takashima's second to take over her role and the character in that role would have been Ivanova. The part eventually become Lt. David Corwin.

I believe the plan was for Takashima's second to take over her role and the character in that role would have been Ivanova. The part eventually become Lt. David Corwin.

I've often wondered if the red-headed dome tech lady from season one would have filled in as the Corwin type role if she hadn't left. She was in all but two episodes in season one, whereas Corwin only appeared in three season one episodes. I'm surprised they never actually gave her a name.

If Lyta had stayed there would not have been Ironheart.
Lyta would have connected to Kosh through her dreams.

Was Ironheart a curve ball, because JMS had to find a way to make Talia into a Super-Teep? Or would Ironheart have been there anyway with Lyta?

[Was Ironheart a curve ball, because JMS had to find a way to make Talia into a Super-Teep? Or would Ironheart have been there anyway with Lyta?

Ironheart was a curveball because the station teep needed to become a super-teep, and replaying Lyta's contact with a Vorlon from the pilot would have looked silly.

I've often wondered if the red-headed dome tech lady from season one would have filled in as the Corwin type role if she hadn't left. She was in all but two episodes in season one, whereas Corwin only appeared in three season one episodes. I'm surprised they never actually gave her a name.

I think I read/heard somewhere that the actress, Marianne Robertson, left the show on her own for reasons I can not recall to save my soul right now. :confused:

Yeah, I remember reading a post from JMS somewhere about her. Apparantly she left to spend more time with her husband. They may have been moving elsewhere.

What about Ed Wasser - he played Morden in the main series - but essentailly played what would become Lt. Corwin position in "The Gathering"

That's kind of what I hinted at in my initial post. Had Wasser stayed on in the role of Guerra, who would have portrayed Morden. I can't see anyone else but him in that role. Okay, maybe Christopher Walken.

Back