• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 changes

I go to thinking about B5 with all the things that I may or may not like and if you were given the chance.When the show was on the air and were given the voice to change anything within the show and how it may have been written would you ? As for myelf no I would not because before I found this board and read all of the various opinions I had never really thought about it to me it still is in the end a great story.Well told by JMS .

There would have been more G'Kar. Much more G'Kar. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If it was up to Kribu, G'Kar would be the only character of b5. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I should have known Kribu would say that /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would really have liked to see how JMS originally ended the story. From what I've picked up Sheridan would've stayed the whole run and be connected with both the Minbari and Vorlon plots and one of the last episodes would have revealed The Great Machine, and not War Without End in Season 2, so early on in the arc. That would have been good to see.

Oh, and the Season 5 thing. I wish it could have gone the way JMS intended it, instead of squashing up all the S5 episodes onto the end of S4 and resolving the Earth plot by the end of that season.

Having said that, I cannot find fault B5 the way it is. Off the cuff a little, yes, but I am impressed how it was changed to fit the circumstances that presented themselves.

Boy, I am really becoming a B5 nerd. Thanks guys.

Basically the only thing I'd fix would be a few minor transitional details, like giving the viewers a little more warning of Sinclair's departure. Maybe eliminate the "Talia getting stronger powers" because JMS just put that in there to cover for Lyta's absence. And finally, yes, I'd stretch out S4, bump some stuff into S5, cut back but not abandon Byron's part (I'd definitely lose the singing, though) and put "Intersections in Real Time" back where it belonged, as the last episode of S4.

Other than that, leave it as is. One thing I would definitely not do is remove Sheridan. He's crucial to the show's success, IMO. Sinclair was not as compelling a character.

I should have known Kribu would say that

Hmm. You are getting rather predictable, old friend. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

When you say "more of" just what does that mean, anyway? /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Uh... I can't specify. I'd have to go to the NC-17 forum for that. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oh, and while we're making changes... to fit in more G'Kar, I'd leave out Sheridan, Delenn, Byron and all the Earth and Minbari storylines. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And on a more serious note, NO ZARG!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

No Minbari stroyline?
You're mad! The Narns got enough screen time. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pesky. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Now that's a word I'd never think to use in regards to the Minbari. Pesky.

Oh, look at those pesky Minbari wiping out the human race. What a pesky thing to be doing...

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Being a hopeless romantic, I would have liked to have seen Ivanova boffing Marcus... Hmmm, you understand that when I say 'see' that's not quite... Oh hell, let it stand /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IF JMS had known the series would be renewed for Season 5 in time to finish Season 4 the way he wanted to, it is possible Ivanova would not have left. However, given what did happen, I think JMS did very well bringing in Lochley.

Also,I would have reduced the Byron segment by half and given more time to Sheridan and Delenn.

Also,I would have reduced the Byron segment by half and given more time to Sheridan and Delenn.

I would have given more time to Sheridan and Delenn too, however, not as the married couple but as the two strong leaders of the Alliance. As much as I enjoyed the romance between John & Delenn, I didn't like Delenn as much as the little wifey which she became in parts of Season 5.

On a lot of levels I much prefer Delenn when she's in "kick-ass" mode.

Back