• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New crusade viewers ?

I watched a bit of it here or there, I was actually surprised at how bland it was. I remember enjoying it somewhat. There were only a few good episodes

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
The "bad smell" in Visitors from Down the Street.

"The TRUTH is never in anyone's best interests." in Visitors from Down the Street.

"The TRUTH is out of fashion." Visitors from Down the Street.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't "Visitors from Down the Street" made before all the TNT interference?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> They were described as slow, not too smart and attracted to Bright Shiny Objects.
Oh, and they like to have Sex with Starships.

And which part of this doesn't sound like TNT, and what they wanted to do with Crusade?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me?? None of it. It's just too much of a stretch.

This Cigar is just a cigar.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Springob:
Wasn't "Visitors from Down the Street" made before all the TNT interference?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are correct ... the production number for this episode is #104 and I recall JMS saying that there was little to no interference from TNT for the first 5 episodes.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
It's because there is NO possible correct order to air the existing 13 episodes, because of how badly TNT screwed with the whole project. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you KoshN ... it was mostly a retorical question but I was curious what other people's take was on the matter.
smile.gif

It is just too bad that TNT did what they did because if I was JMS ... I wouldn't go near that series again with a 10-foot pole. It seems like it would be too much work to fix it. However, JMS may have something all worked out for a way around the fiasco.
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. --G'Kar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
JMS started out as a FAN. He still is. He gets to make fun of himself and his friends.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That episode was however written by Fiona Avery.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:

That wasn't a TNT "payback".

That was a little nod at the FANS. The creatures which they encountered were "The Fen".
Fen is the accepted plural of FAN.
tongue.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I know about that. It could have more than one meaning, you know.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
They were described as slow, not too smart and attracted to Bright Shiney Objects.
Oh, and they like to have Sex with Starships.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And which part of this doesn't sound like TNT, and what they wanted to do with Crusade?
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

To me?? None of it. It's just too much of a stretch.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's no stretch at all:

"They were described as slow, not too smart..." Yeah, that's TNT, and the viewers they seemed to want to attract. Not now, of course, because we all know that "TNT knows Drama."
tongue.gif

"...and attracted to Bright Shiny Objects."
Ooh, yeah, that's TNT. They wanted more sex and violence in the show, i.e. Wrestling meets Texas Whorehouse in Space.

"Oh, and they like to have Sex with Starships."

Well, "The Well of Forever" was done after the interference had already started. To me, the alien jelleyfish creatures screwing with the Excalibur is a pretty good metaphor for TNT screwing with Crusade.

Watching "Visitors from Down the Street" after knowing about the interference that took place, it's hard to believe that some of the lines may not have come out of JMS's frustration dealing with TNT, either from the last year of B5, the movies, or maybe he could sense the notes coming.

IIRC, the major interference took place after #105, so the following episodes were shot (who knows if post-production was done) before the major interference started:

101 The Needs of Earth
102 The Memory of War
103 Racing the Night
104 Visitors from Down the Street
105 Each Night I Dream of Home

106 The Well of Forever (with the pesky aliens molesting the Excalibur) looks like it was done right after the interference really started.

113 Appearances and Other Deceits (with Gideon's personal journal entry (see below) was shot last, and by that time, everybody was probably completely fed-up.

Gideon, "Personal journal, Captain Matthew Gideon, continue. It's now days, since our visitors arrived on behalf of political affairs office. There is apparently some concern with how our work here is being perceived back home. They've been assigned to help us. Before their tour is finished, I may have to kill them. Assuming, Lt. Matheson doesn't beat me to it."

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
I agree with you KoshN ... it was mostly a retorical question but I was curious what other people's take was on the matter.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just that when I hear inconsistancies in Crusade mentioned, I like to make sure the blame gets placed right where it belongs, with TNT (specifically "certain people" at TNT-Atlanta), and not with the show's writer(s). Most people, when they hear of inconsistancies/errors in a show, they immediately look at the writers and say "Those idiots. Why didn't they see this?"

It is just too bad that TNT did what they did because if I was JMS ... I wouldn't go near that series again with a 10-foot pole.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, luckily, you're not JMS.
smile.gif
I could see him never going near TNT ever again, but if I were JMS, I'd want to make it right. It would bug the living daylights out of me having Crusade be out there in it's current form. I'd have to fix it. I'd be physically incapable of leaving Crusade in it's current state.

It seems like it would be too much work to fix it. However, JMS may have something all worked out for a way around the fiasco.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's just need a few new Season 1 episodes (Value Judgements, To the Ends of the Earth, and End of the Line), some editing/looping of the current episodes (Each Night I Dream of Home, Visitors from Down the Street, etc.), and potentially scrapping War Zone (or more extensively re-editing War Zone, and filming some new scenes to replace the deleted ones).

Then they could start Season 2. I hope Sci-Fi wakes up and gets JMS do this. Instead, they're waiting 'till January to even air To Live and Die in Starlight.
frown.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel. http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited October 15, 2001).]

106 The Well of Forever (with the pesky aliens molesting the Excalibur) looks like it was done right after the interference really started.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The script was finished before the interference started, however TNT would have had time to ask for rewrites if they wanted to. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>113 Appearances and Other Deceits (with Gideon's personal journal entry (see below) was shot last, and by that time, everybody was probably completely fed-up.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Jms has said that with this one he could see the writing on the wall, and just started ignoring TNT.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.

if I were JMS, I'd want to make it right. It would bug the living daylights out of me having Crusade be out there in it's current form. I'd have to fix it. I'd be physically incapable of leaving Crusade in it's current state.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Considering jms is an extraordinarily vengeful man, I fully expect him to push all that he can for Crusade's ressurection if Rangers does well, if only to spite TNT and those who said TNT were right to act as they did.

------------------

Back