• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Big B5 update from jms!!!

And if worse comes to worst, maybe they can talk Bruce Willis into taking the part for a fraction of his usual fee, just as a goof. :)

:LOL: Maybe he could play Garibaldi's long lost brother!

Maybe he could play Garibaldi's long lost brother! :LOL:

Well, it would have a certain irony. Jerry Doyle's very first job in television was an appearance as "David Addison Wannabe" in "Cool Hand Dave - Part 2", episode 406 of Willis's series Moonlighting. And he's often been called the "poor man's Bruce Willis". :)

Regards,

Joe

Jerry Doyle has expressed so much interest in working with the old gang that I think the prospect of working with the other actors would be probably be enough to bring him back. Once that first step was taken, I think relations would improve. Besides, didn't the latest flap arise because Jerry was trying to rally support for a new thing?

The goal is to get more B5 out there. I think that's unifying enough.

Personally, I think the two absolutely must-haves for a Telepath War movie are Pat Tallman and Walter Koenig. The only thing that could keep Walter from coming back would be a stake through his heart. The rest of the gang will follow, differences or no.

I agree that the recent net potshots are no big deal. Jerry Doyle and jms had pretty much the same bit of bickering last time (and I feel jms is justified in his assessment of it) and yet everyone, including Claudia and Andrea Thompson returned for commentaries and/or interviews and said wonderful glowing things about the show, the actors, the crew, and jms. Jerry showed his respect for jms' talent when he referred to him as "a.k.a GOD" in one of the commentaries.

These people will come if they are called, and if the pay is right, and some will come even if the pay is wrong. :LOL:

Necessary characters for a Telepath War movie:

*Bester
*Lyta
*Lennier
*Garibaldi
*Captain Lochley (you know this thing's gotta spill over onto Babylon 5 or else it's not a real B5 movie)
*Sheridan & Delenn (of course the ISA is going to be involved or else, once again, it's not a real B5 movie)
*Franklin (b/c of his knowledge of the underground railroad)
*Number One (head of covert intellegence for the ISA)
*Mathiston (for his part in freeing the telepath prisoner at Psi Corps HQ)
*President Luchenko (sp?)

Other possibilities...
*Talia (it'd be nice to show her again working for the Psi Corps - but the Corps probably off'd her after they found out what she knew)
*Ivanova (her dislike for the corps is well-known)
*G'Kar (just for the heck of it)

Any other necessities I'm forgetting???

*Talia (it'd be nice to show her again working for the Psi Corps - but the Corps probably off'd her after they found out what she knew)

I suppose there could be some shots of organs in jars, but I think that'd be the extent of Talia.

I'm not sure Talia's dead.

Bester's smart enough not to let any information out. He didn't slip when he said Talia had been disected, he was hoping for a reaction from one of the people present.

But I can't see jms bringing her back. If he did Talia and Susan would have to meet. Susan has enough issues, bringing Talia back would be overkill I think.

By the by, I've really been enjoying reading this post for the last couple days. Very informative.

much love
-SG

>>Necessary characters for a Telepath War movie:

<snip>

Other possibilities...
*G'Kar (just for the heck of it)<<

I have to add here that I think G'Kar would be _much more_ than "just for the heck of it," and not just because of my well-documented...er...admiration for Andreas's portrayal. G'Kar and Lyta were hopping around the galaxy, with Lyta's mission to find a homeworld for the telepaths. Do we have _any_ information whatsoever about the start of the Telepath War? I can't recall everything I've read in the books, comics, short stories, etc., but I don't think so. If not, I can imagine that something happened late in their travels, in fact something happened to _interrupt_ their travels, that caused her to return to Earth (or Earth space) and that precipitated the start of the conflict. I'm sure she had to be instrumental in starting it.

So yeah, for setup, you'd definitely need G'Kar there. Lots and lots of G'Kar, with all kinds of lovely, dramatic scenes and incredibly moving speeches. :)

Aisling

G'Kar and Lyta were hopping around the galaxy, with Lyta's mission to find a homeworld for the telepaths. Do we have _any_ information whatsoever about the start of the Telepath War?

We know from JMS that the Telepath War starts in 2264 and ends in 2265. We know from the series that G'Kar and Lyta departed known space in late 2262 and expected to return in 2264. (Lyta tells Garibaldi that he has two years to put her Teep Army together.) So we don't know the circumstances of the start of the war, but we know it started when Lyta planned for it to start, and that she expected to return to take command of an army of Teeps funded and armed by Garibaldi. Presumably she planned to start her war against Psi Corps as soon as she got back.

So I don't think anything interrupts their journey, they come back right on schedule. Nor do I remember that purpose of that journey being "finding a telepath homeworld." As I recall G'Kar wanted to make himself scarce and go off exploring to let the religious fervor surrounding him die down. He invited Lyta to tag along with him. Since Lyta's alternative was going back to Earth in handcuffs, she accepted. G'Kar might have said something about their keeping their eyes open for a suitable planet while they were out there, but it was primarily his journey and Lyta was coming along as his guest, for company and so that he could try to chill her out. It was not "Lyta's quest for a Teep Homeworld Guest Starring G'Kar".

So yeah, for setup, you'd definitely need G'Kar there.

Unless the story starts months after they've returned, maybe with the war already in progress. :devil:

Mind you I'd like to see G'Kar, too, and I hope JMS finds all sorts of ways to work him in and gives him lots of lovely speeches. But if he does it is going to be for reasons that make sense within the story he's telling, not because G'Kar and Lyta hung out for a couple of years before the story begins.

Bester's smart enough not to let any information out. He didn't slip when he said Talia had been disected, he was hoping for a reaction from one of the people present.

I agree. OTOH if we were to see Talia in a Teep War film or mini it would probably be only on the Psi Corps side and she'd probably never meet any of our heroes. (Unless JMS decides to contradict what is presented in the Teep Trilogy. There Garibaldi muses about Talia and the fact that even with all his wealth and influence, and even after the destruction of Psi Corps, he was never able to find out what happened to her after she left B5.)

But I can't see jms bringing her back. If he did Talia and Susan would have to meet.

Why would they have to meet? Because fans want it and expect it? JMS has not gotten where he is by doing what fans want and expect. If there is a good reason in the story for using Talia, and Andrea is willing, he'll use Talia. But he won't have her meet up with Ivanova unless there is a good reason for that. (And if there is a good story reason, he'll do it - regardless of how many "issues" Susan has. :))

Regards,

Joe

I was thinking that a good role for the Talia character (since she now seems to be a totally corrupted sociopath thanks to the new Psi Corps personality) would be to develop new and devestating weapons and strategies for the telepaths to use against the mundanes. Since she wouldn't have the hindrance of her conscience getting in the way, she'd be the perfect designer for Psi-Corps doomsday weapons.

OR...

Lyta is the equivalent of a telepathic H-bomb thanks to her Vorlon alterations. Presumably, Talia is also of much greater strength because of her "gift" from Ironheart. What if the two of them squared off in a monstrously powerful teep deathmatch. In the end, Psi-Corps HQ is destroyed, not by a combustion explosion, but by an explosion of psi energy from these two tearing each other apart. Now THAT's entertainment!

Fear not, true believers! Whatever the plotline, I know JMS is working on a great story for whatever medium he chooses.

Lyta is the equivalent of a telepathic H-bomb thanks to her Vorlon alterations. Presumably, Talia is also of much greater strength because of her "gift" from Ironheart. What if the two of them squared off in a monstrously powerful teep deathmatch. In the end, Psi-Corps HQ is destroyed, not by a combustion explosion, but by an explosion of psi energy from these two tearing each other apart. Now THAT's entertainment!

What? Like the Matrix? :rolleyes:

(unless, of course, you were kidding :D )

-SG

I wholeheartedly agree!
And this does not contradict that Garibaldi never found out what happened to Talia. There wouldn't be enough left to scrape up and do a DNA test on...
And do we know what happened to Lyta after the Telepath War? Maybe they annihilated each other??

Necessary characters for a Telepath War movie:

*Bester
Yes
Yes!
I don't agree. Why?
*Garibaldi
Yes, but maybe not. Couldn't Mrs Garibaldi take over if necessary (for casting reasons)?
*Captain Lochley (you know this thing's gotta spill over onto Babylon 5 or else it's not a real B5 movie)
I agree
*Sheridan & Delenn (of course the ISA is going to be involved or else, once again, it's not a real B5 movie)
I agree, but only because such a large "event" such as the Telepath War would have to involve the ISA
*Franklin (b/c of his knowledge of the underground railroad)
Not necessarily
*Number One (head of covert intellegence for the ISA)
YES!! More #1!
*Mathiston (for his part in freeing the telepath prisoner at Psi Corps HQ)
Don't agree
*President Luchenko (sp?)
Well, she could be exchanged for someone else if she wasn't reelected.

Other possibilities...
'Twould be nice...
No!
*G'Kar (just for the heck of it)
It would be fun, but not necessary for the story.

If we do get to see the Telepath War ,I hope it will be without Talia Winters. I never liked the caracter, and I was very pleased when she left and Lyta returned to the story.

I am happy with the thought of Talia being dissected by the Psi Corps.

posted by admiraldave:
I suppose there could be some shots of organs in jars, but I think that'd be the extent of Talia.

There's an image I would like to see in the movie, if possible. :D

Hey Guys (and girls),

I believe we are going too far in this discussion. As I understand we should avoid possible stories in order to not destroy the project is going on.

Apparently majority agree that might be the Telepath War, however if we keep on giving opinions and guess about it...it may cause problems to JMS.......

Let us respect his wish, and control our enthusiasm.

Take care,

Cadu
ZAHADUM

*Garibaldi
Yes, but maybe not. Couldn't Mrs Garibaldi take over if necessary (for casting reasons)?

I don't think so. Garibaldi went to lengths not to let Lise in on his plan with Lyta. He could have told her in "Objects in Motion" but did not. I think that's the way it stayed - with Lise in the dark on this little project.

Have just read through all the posts on this thread. I have to agree that speculation on the Possibilities of a Telepath War movie have gone far enough.

At this rate we'll have the script written and all the actors cast with nothing left but the CGI.

This is great news from JMS so let's cool it and wait until next month when he drops the other shoe. ;)

So I don't think anything interrupts their journey, they come back right on schedule. Nor do I remember that purpose of that journey being "finding a telepath homeworld." As I recall G'Kar wanted to make himself scarce and go off exploring to let the religious fervor surrounding him die down. He invited Lyta to tag along with him. Since Lyta's alternative was going back to Earth in handcuffs, she accepted. G'Kar might have said something about their keeping their eyes open for a suitable planet while they were out there, but it was primarily his journey and Lyta was coming along as his guest, for company and so that he could try to chill her out. It was not "Lyta's quest for a Teep Homeworld Guest Starring G'Kar".
Lyta's quest for a Telepath Homeworld is her hidden agenda when selecting destinations in the magazine story "Genius Loci". (Issue #599 of Amazing Stories.) :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back