• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Indy IV official!!!

I wonder if Sean Connery will return. He was the highlight of the last one, imho. And I hope it's not some twat of a 16-year old OC it-girl that is cast opposite him. I'd rather see him with one of the first two gals (from the original or Doom.)

As for content, who knows. There are a lot of interesting artifacts still out there. Something from Atlantis? Something from Egypt or Asia? Mayan? They have a lot of options. I DO know that Ford would NOT sign off on any of the scripts he had seen over the last decade or so because he wanted "just the right one." So, that's comforting!

I remember about 15 years ago, there was a PC game by Lucas Arts called "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis." It was one of those quest/puzzle/adventure type games. My brother and I both loved the game, it was a lot of fun, great story and mystery, and for a computer game --- especially back then --- really captured the spirit of Indiana Jones.

I remember my brother and I talking a year or two about when rumors about Indy IV were perking up again, that they should have just taken that old computer game, Fate of Atlantis and based the new movie on that.

Would have been very cool and epic, something worthy of the time its been since the last Indy movie...

I've got the X Box version of Emperor's tomb... it stands up quite well considering its age. I've given up on it near the end though. Can't get the hang of those rotating pillars and floating bridge section synchronicity.

I like some of the goons in it. Whilst in austria you sneak up on one of them and you can hear him practicing intimidating lines. "Show me your papers"

Hollywood insiders tell me that the plot of Indy IV will revolve around the Quest for the Soothing Ibuprofen, in which Indy must traverse a series of obstacles, such as The Nurse That Enforces Curfew, the Children The Don't Even Bother To Pick Up A Phone Is That Too Hard To Do?, Those Darn Punks That Keep Skating on the Grass What Are They On Dope?, and The Stairs in order to soothe that pain in his joints he gets when it's humid outside. Sylvester Stallone is said to be in talks to appear as Indy's ally, Rocky Balboa.

I remember about 15 years ago, there was a PC game by Lucas Arts called "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis." It was one of those quest/puzzle/adventure type games. My brother and I both loved the game, it was a lot of fun, great story and mystery, and for a computer game --- especially back then --- really captured the spirit of Indiana Jones.

I remember my brother and I talking a year or two about when rumors about Indy IV were perking up again, that they should have just taken that old computer game, Fate of Atlantis and based the new movie on that.

Would have been very cool and epic, something worthy of the time its been since the last Indy movie...

That was, indeed, an awesome game. Pity it's about a decade too late to turn it into a movie - having Nazis in Indy IV would no longer be convincing.

GKE, don't forget the part where he has to keep those Nazi kids off his lawn.

Chilli: I found that I still had the CD-Rom version of the game stored away and I installed it yesterday. Its been 15 years since I played it so its like its new. It really is a cool game. Yea, a little late to have it made into a movie, but back then it really would have been well done.

I replayed it only last year, after having last played it 10+ years ago - so I had very few memories of the riddles and quite enjoyed it. I miss old-school LucasArts adventures. Might make me sound like an old fart, but no amount of awesome 3D graphics can make an adventure game as this game, or the Monkey Island games.

That was, indeed, an awesome game. Pity it's about a decade too late to turn it into a movie - having Nazis in Indy IV would no longer be convincing.

When the rumour mill originally started grinding (some time ago), it was suggested that it would be set in the Cold War, that Indy's dad would be in it and that there would be room for humour over Indy having to deal with goons and booby traps as an older person.

I read this week that Ford threatened to walk off the set because the insurance company wasn't gonna allow him to use a real bullwhip. I'm betting they backed down. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back