• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Caprica

Alluveal

Regular
Well, my husband and I bought the DVD and watched it tonight. Honestly? I think they have another good show here. We both really enjoyed it. I liked the look, the feel. Esai Morales as Joseph Adama was an excellent choice.

The acting all around was good, though at some points felt a tiny bit stiff (I think it's just a crew/cast getting to know one another, etc.)

We get to see the birth of the first centurion. All of the "one God" stuff is explained as well (and where the cylons got this idea.)

I'm excited for the series to begin. It's not Galactica. It doesn't feel anything like Galactica in a sense, but that's not a bad thing.

Thumbs up from me. I'll be watching when the series begins.

Well, my husband and I bought the DVD and watched it tonight. Honestly? I think they have another good show here. We both really enjoyed it. I liked the look, the feel. Esai Morales as Joseph Adama was an excellent choice.

The acting all around was good, though at some points felt a tiny bit stiff (I think it's just a crew/cast getting to know one another, etc.)

We get to see the birth of the first centurion. All of the "one God" stuff is explained as well (and where the cylons got this idea.)

I'm excited for the series to begin. It's not Galactica. It doesn't feel anything like Galactica in a sense, but that's not a bad thing.

Thumbs up from me. I'll be watching when the series begins.

I'm planning on picking it up this weekend. The previews made it seem more like Dallas or Dynasty, than a SciFi show. I know you said birth of the first Centurion, but, does it have a SciFi feel to it, or is the SciFi kinda just window dressing?

I'm planning on picking it up this weekend. The previews made it seem more like Dallas or Dynasty, than a SciFi show. I know you said birth of the first Centurion, but, does it have a SciFi feel to it, or is the SciFi kinda just window dressing?

Hmm, well it doesn't rely on its genre, if that makes sense. They're laying groundwork for something bigger. I wouldn't call it "sci-fi lite" so much as it gives attention to characters and relationships. The only thing that felt "soap-opera-ish" to me was one fight between a mom and daughter toward the beginning.

There is the science fiction element, yes, but it's not in your face throughout. It's a setting and "solution" to one of the problems presented in the pilot.

It really gives you a "HELLO, I'm science fiction" type beginning. I loved the beginning. I thought, "ok, I'm in" within the first 5 minutes. And the DVD is definitely the non-rated one that won't air on sci-fi. :) At least, in the beginning. Lots of nudity and sex.

Last edited:
Hmm, well it doesn't rely on its genre, if that makes sense. They're laying groundwork for something bigger. I wouldn't call it "sci-fi lite" so much as it gives attention to characters and relationships. The only thing that felt "soap-opera-ish" to me was one fight between a mom and daughter toward the beginning.

There is the science fiction element, yes, but it's not in your face throughout. It's a setting and "solution" to one of the problems presented in the pilot.

It really gives you a "HELLO, I'm science fiction" type beginning. I loved the beginning. I thought, "ok, I'm in" within the first 5 minutes. And the DVD is definitely the non-rated one that won't air on sci-fi. :) At least, in the beginning. Lots of nudity and sex.

Thanks. Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to Soapy SciFi, B5 can be soapy at times, and I'm enjoying Harper's Island so far, which is a murder mystery and a bit on the soapy side

Latest posts

Members online

Back