• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Terminator: The S. Connor Chronicles

Its the quiet, meek, oddness about her that seems so similar to River to me. The whole "not understanding what everyone around you is doing and why" part. Not saying they are carbon copies, but I see some similar traits and mannerisms.

Finished the one where John was in Mexico w/his new GF.

Also, nice to see the actress that played Kendra Shaw in Galactica's Razor in the series.

I have a feeling Crom. isn't dead yet, though. He's too badass to kill like that. Methinks someone took him to the red-haired lady who makes her kid pee.

I still dont get why that T-888 Cromartie even has a name. When did they start naming them? Why? The other ones that come after them are nameless. The ONE thing that bothers me about this show is that they felt they needed a "recurring" Terminator and that they gave it a name.

You know what Arnold Swartznegger's characters name was in the original Terminator? THE TERMINATOR. That's it. Learn it.

I still dont get why that T-888 Cromartie even has a name. When did they start naming them? Why? The other ones that come after them are nameless. The ONE thing that bothers me about this show is that they felt they needed a "recurring" Terminator and that they gave it a name.

You know what Arnold Swartznegger's characters name was in the original Terminator? THE TERMINATOR. That's it. Learn it.

Wasn't the name of the actor that he killed Cromartie, hence he took over his name upon taking over his image.

Its an interesting idea. In T2, Arnie's adaptive programming that was designed to make him a better killer gave him personality traits. A Terminator that has surivied undercover for so long would take it further. Is Cromartie not a reference to Crom in Conan though ?

Not sure about the Crom/Conan connection. But, I'm finally caught up, the last episode was great.

Spoiler for :
Cameron befriending the librarian was excellent. It shows she's incapable of loyalty outside of her programmed loyalty to John Connor. Though, they have hinted that she's supposed to be making some emotional/personality breakthroughs. For example, in the last episode, they were talking about the potential of AI, to be able to take memories and thoughts and feelings from a person and transferring them into a machine. Also, Cameron feeling like she has a "bomb inside her" in regard to being damaged at the beginning of the season leads me to believe this will lead her closer to humanity. I like to think so.

Riley annoys the frack out of me. Get rid of her. Razor chick is also annoying me. The actress is great, but they're making her a little too hung hu / cliche badass chick-warrior type. Give her more dimensions like Sarah. Who, I will say, I love. The new Sarah Connor rocks.

And I'm always lovin Summer. More Summer always. John is still a bit annoying and whiny. He's suffering from Luke-Skywalker syndrome and it's dragging on.

Red-haired chick is great. I have a feeling that the child psychologist had two jobs (both of which were prevented.) One, he was supposed to talk to the AI machine, John Henry. Two, he was supposed to bring red-haired lady and the little girl closer--thus bringing more humanity to evil red-head. This would mean bad news down the line. Just my theory. Could be wrong. It's fun to imagine what's going on, though.

I'm starting to think that the T1000 isn't evil at all. She's one of the "good guys", reprogrammed and sent back through time in order to turn the machines against themselves. Just a wacky theory.

Wasn't the name of the actor that he killed Cromartie, hence he took over his name upon taking over his image.

Nope.

The actors name that the T-888 killed was George Laszlo. If you look at the credits for the Pilot epsiode, there is a character, Cromartie, that was played by a Owain Yeoman. Now I can't remember for sure if the first time you saw that Terminator, whether it was an asian guy or not (I think it was) but this at least gives the appearance that this T-888 was given a name even in the Pilot episode, well before it took the appearance of George Laszlo.

I suspect that the main job of the red haired terminator is to ensure that the terminators get invented.

It seems strange that her actions are at odds with the actions of the T888s. In particular, a T888 was sent to kill the psychiatrist, but the T1000 clearly had a very important use for him. The same thing happened to Ellison, even though he has become the T1000's confidant.

I suspect that we, the viewers, are meant to think of her as "evil", but we are being mislead. Her treatment of the little girl and murder of the company man who objected to her are born out of her coldness and inability to relate to humans on a personal level (much like Cameron).

Last edited:
It seems strange that her actions are at odds with the actions of the T888s. In particular, a T888 was sent to kill the psychiatrist, but the T1000 clearly had a very important use for him. The same thing happened to Ellison, even though he has become the T1000's confidant.

I suspect that we, the viewers, are meant to think of her as "evil", but we are being mislead. Her treatment of the little girl and murder of the company man who objected to her are born out of her coldness and inability to relate to humans on a personal level (much like Cameron).

The T888' that was sent to kill the psychiatrist, at the time I thought that unit was there on behalf of the residence, that they knew the psyc helped form the AI ... therefore wanted him to be stopped. Though I think that wasn't the case, just a fun thought I had ;)

Also, another factor to remember, they have already established that the future traveling characters are now out of sync with the actual future. ie. Derek not experiencing the torture that his future GF knew he went through / she experienced. And the comment she made about Cameron influencing the future John.

So, from that, Catherine (red head chick, still awaiting her to start singing ... :) ), may be out of sync with her goal to the future goals.

Though I do like you theory non the less, could introduce a really neat dynamic!

S.

If you think about the legend of John Henry (the mythical figure who the T1000 named the AI after) my theory seems to fit. John Henry was a folk hero who took it upon himself to single-handedly fight technology. If the T1000 uses the AI to fight Skynet then the name is very apt.

Perhaps the T1000 was sent from one version of the future where Mankind has accepted the fact that the creation of the Terminators cannot be avoided. So, they decide to try a new tactic in order to fight them.

Well not sure if anyone on this site is still watching this show. Probably not given how far down I had to go to revive this thread...but this show has been officially canceled, so there won't be a third season.

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed. Season 1 was short due to the writers strike. It was an interesting show, but not the greatest show ever. However I have thought almost the entire second seasons has been fantastic. I've liked watching this show more than most other shows this year --- INCLUDING Dollhouse. I like Joss Whedon and all, but his show hasn't found its stride yet, and T:TSCC sure did.

They have done some really fantastic and impressive things the last few episodes, and we are one or two away from the Season Finale. Its a shame it won't be back, if not a surprise. Ratings were low since it was moved to Friday night. Shocking, I know. The only thing that seems to survive on Fridays are reality TV shows.

Too bad, this turned out to be a pretty cool show, even though I was skeptical when it started. Lena Headey I thought did a great job playing Sarah Connor. Thomas Dekker really was coming into his own as John Connor, and even Brian Austin Green's character (Kyle Reese's brother) was pretty bad-ass.

Lastly, this show got cool points from me for having cast Shirley Manson (awesome lead singer of the band Garbage) as one of those liquid metal Terminators. She was surprisngly great in the role, especially given I think it was her first acting gig.

Oh well, RIP T:TSCC. Another one bites the dust.

I'll just sit here and wait for the cancellation notice on Dollhouse after they run through its 13 episodes. ;)

Actually I may have been a bit hasty. Apparently it hasnt been CONFIRMED that its canceled. Many think there won't be an actual announcement at all --- they just quietly won't pick up another season. I think they are would hold off on any announcement / decision due to the Terminator movie coming out soon, and that might get renewed interest in the show/franchise for next season if it does well.

Guess we will see.

I agree that it is a pity it probably won't be renewed, the show threw up some interesting ideas in the second season especially this idea of John Henry perhaps being a "good" skynet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back